* Liverpool 2019-2020 Thread (Champions of Europe, England & the World) *

90,900 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This team sucks.
gig them
AG
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
I didn't mean to come off as a whiner towards the officiating. I agree they were definitely missing something in the final third, but also thought the life was sucked out of it by the referee at times.

We did make the same point though... back to the Fortress
arnie
AG
Klopp deserves a lot of blame for that loss. Substitutions were shocking.
jeffk
AG
Eh, we didn't play great, didn't play terrible either. Had some quality looks at goal that just got blocked or deflected away. Giving up an unlucky goal early sucked but that'll happen. Need a 2-0 win next leg and that's doable for this crew. Substitutions made sense to me.
Danny Phantom
Have to tip your cap to Atletico. They played their brand of soccer & defended really well, especially their fullbacks. Klopp will have to figure out the best strategy to beat them at Anfield & I have no reason to doubt him. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous since one away goal could screw everything up. Looks like I won't have any nails left once the game kicks off lol
Ag by Vows
I don't know that the substitution decisions were bad, more just the performance of them. In particular, Origi did not play very well in my opinion.
joemeister
AG
Origi looked very rusty. Probably because they chose to play midfielders during Mane's injury spell. This team has a track record of winning double-leg contests during Klopp's time.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
I'm sure we'll come back and win on aggregate, but I can't care less about Champions League this year. I've got to experience two of those already. In my 20 years of fandom, I've never got to celebrate a Premier League. I'm more afraid about some epic collapse in the prem, than I am about Atletico.
jeffk
AG
Hendo is out for 2-3 weeks with a hammy.
jeffk
AG
Saw this online this morning and thought it was pretty fascinating. My personal theory is that having a lower center of gravity is hugely beneficial for soccer players when compared to other sports (especially hoops and American football. Also, Americans are just larger human beings than most other people on the planet on average.

He breaks it down by soccer position and then compares LFC to City players too.

jeffk
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone see this commercial with Ian Rush and Bob Paisley?

Weird and strange.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8012645/Liverpool-fans-slam-advert-showing-Ian-Rush-CGI-animated-Bob-Paisley-24-YEARS-died.html
deadbq03
AG
Great find.

My theory is that it has to do with distance traveled in a game. Soccer requires a whole different level of fitness. Big bodies just simply can't move like that for extended periods of time. Basketball and football players get significant rest.

I could see tall folks who would've ended up in basketball/football succeeding as goalkeepers, but even then, they wouldn't weigh nearly as much.
jeffk
AG
That's another good point. Soccer players have to be lean no matter their body type to have the stamina to play a normal amount of playing time.
jeffk
AG
Any TV for today's game?

Nevermind - it's on NBCSN. I defend my dissertation today so depending on how that goes I may be at Moe's to celebrate or mourn.
OregonAggie
RossG_2
AG
Wijnaldum - Fabinho - Keita midfield today with Henderson injured
Dalton Hughes
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
12. more. points.
Out in Left Field
AG
Made it exciting at the end
dcaggie04
AG
They could wrap up the title before they play a game in April.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
Weeeeee, that was a fun ride today.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm still hoping for a City loss in their next two games (Arsenal and United) so they'll clinch at Goodison.
joemeister
AG
Never had a doubt.
ugaggie06
Can't wait for the Watford game. But in the mean time, ianyone who is in the BCS area that wants to watch a miserable Pep/Zidane, we (The Red Men) will be catching the UCL game at MO's Irish pub. #YNWA
arnie
AG
I'll head there after my 1:50 class
ChipFTAC01
AG
If you haven't seen the spot for some coconut water company on LFC's Instagram, it's pretty funny.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

If you haven't seen the spot for some coconut water company on LFC's Instagram, it's pretty funny.

Klopponuts!
ugaggie06
Ag-in-a-Box said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Klopponuts!
Knowledge!
ChipFTAC01
AG
All of them are basically playing the exact version of their personalities that I'd imagine them having.

The way that Jones says Merseyside is very proper Scouser. He basically has it down to one syllable.
eiggA2002
AG
It's such a great video! It really is how I picture them in real life. Robbo probably is a big Star Wars nerd that used to try and play guitar to pick up ladies lol. Bobby should be "The Most Interesting Man in the World" for Dos Equis.
jeffk
AG
Lovren has had just about enough of all your crap.
ugaggie06
A couple of 'American Scoucers' will be catching the game against the Hornets at MOs Irish Pub in college station. Please drop by. They will have sound on in the outside area. Am predicting a good game for Keita and Curtis Jones.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.