Texas A&M Soccer Jerseys - why not sell them?

9,015 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jeffk
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I ask this question once a year on TexAgs and often email the athletic department/soccer admin also. Over all the years, I have not heard one decent answer why we do not sell Soccer Jerseys. The admin have said people keep asking for it, but they won't do it. I myself would probably have bought my daughter one every year and probably a few for myself.

Such a missed opportunity, especially with how competitive soccer programs has grown in Texas. I am sure many parents would be more than happy to buy their soccer playing daughters A&M jerseys for Christmas.
byfLuger41
AG
+1
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Jock92
AG
They are available at and during the A&M soccer camps during the Summer if that's any consolation.
jeffk
AG
All that does is confirm that they COULD sell them more widely if they wanted to.
Bryan98
AG
Jock92 said:

They are available at and during the A&M soccer camps during the Summer if that's any consolation.
Do they sell the striped one in men's sizes? I'd like to know where and when to get one!
Rudyjax
AG
I would love to get one for my daughter.
OregonAggie
AG
I would absolutely by my daughters jerseys and I'd buy them as gifts for friends. They really do need to sell them.
'03ag
I think the less desirable, but much more likely path is to go through someone like CC creations and have them mock up Tshirt replicas.

I think they could do a limited run on these for a lot less than it would take to get authentic copies made by adidas.

My wife has a ladies cut tshirt that looks similar to the game jersey. We bought it online through cc creations(I think) a while back. She likes it ok, but would prefer a regular cut. Surely the students would buy these for games.
'03ag
It's this.

http://www.maroonu.com/texas-a-m-aggies-adidas-women-s-soccer-tee-2869.html

Why can't we get this in a men's cut?
ColoradoMooseHerd
'03ag said:

It's this.

http://www.maroonu.com/texas-a-m-aggies-adidas-women-s-soccer-tee-2869.html

Why can't we get this in a men's cut?
To be honest, that does not move the needle for me or my daughter. I have seen it before, would not buy. Everyone has their own style, looking for a real jersey or closer replica that still looks like an actual jersey.
Kramer
AG
Contribute enough to their go for gold event and you get 1. I've purchased 2. The real, game worn jerseys.
Bryan98
AG
Kramer said:

Contribute enough to their go for gold event and you get 1. I've purchased 2. The real, game worn jerseys.

I've heard you can get those out of vending machines in Japan.

I want a brand new men's large, thanks.
Kramer
AG
vwbug
Where was that available? Very cool.
Kramer
AG
https://12thman.com/sports/2018/9/5/turn-it-gold.aspx
ColoradoMooseHerd
Kramer said:

Very cool, but I don't need an actual game worn jersey. I want to buy a jersey for my 10 year old daughter and Would love to have a jersey for me too.
greg.w.h
AG
+1. The school undoubtedly is worried about sellthrough. A custom purchase for various sports could solve for some of that though usually they will only put a12 on jerseys now.
Rudyjax
AG
Jock92 said:

My daughter is going to a camp this summer. Hope she gets one!
ColoradoMooseHerd
My daughter is going to the camp also but it would have made a nice Christmas gift too
Rudyjax
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

My daughter is going to the camp also but it would have made a nice Christmas gift too

Yep. I wanted to buy her one too.

How old? Mine is 11.
CDub06
AG
What's the cutoff age for registering for camp? I'm a men's medium BTW.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What is sell through?
ColoradoMooseHerd
I'm assuming he is referring to that he thinks the team is worried they would not sell through all the jerseys and would be stuck with inventory. I think this should be the last worry.
1. Obviously there is a demand, this comes up each year. And the attendance at games continues to be strong. The fan base would most likely support it.
2. It may not be a big money maker, but it is a way to continue to market to younger girls and bigger fan base. As the girls wearing the jerseys will probably be at tournaments and private training sessions and just around lots of other girl soccer players. We should be doing it just for the simple marketing aspect of it. More fans and players wearing a&m soccer gear is a good thing.
Rudyjax
AG
Get out of here with the common sense.
Aggie_3
I can buy a jersey at any of the other major programs we compete against. I have a friend that has a North Carolina replica jersey and also a friend that graduated from Notre Dame that has a replica of theirs! It's maddening we can't purchase ours!
Kramer
AG
I tried to reach out to the Men's club team to see if I could get them to order an extra for me when they bought for the team. I never got any kind of response.
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
DFWag84
the fastest way to get these for sale is to offer G a cut
Rudyjax
AG
Jock92 said:

My daughter and several of her teammates are going this summer.

She'll be able to get one?
Rudyjax
AG
Just got back from dropping my daughter off at the A&M soccer camp.

Scored myself a sweet black adidas climacool Texas A&M Soccer shirt.

My daughter is going to get her name and number on the one they give her.
jvanbeek
AG
I don't think there will be any worn jerseys in 3XL. LOL.
Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd
So for a Dad that lives in California, still no options to buy an A&M Soccer Jersey. This has to be one of the dumbest things of all time. I am offering my money. But still no?
jeffk
AG
I think your only option at this point is to get one of your kids on scholarship.
CDub06
AG
We'll call this Plan A.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.