*****Champions League Semi Finals!*****

4 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gambochaman
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hala. Madrid.
akm91
AG
Bayern had their chances, that's for sure.
jeffk
AG
So do some of y'all have EPL teams you root for in addition to supporting Real, or is it more of just a Ronaldo thing?
AGC
AG
jeffk said:

So do some of y'all have EPL teams you root for in addition to supporting Real, or is it more of just a Ronaldo thing?

No and no. Madridista here from time spent there (before Ronaldo). Just nice to have the GOAT in white.
jeffk
AG
Sorry, I know we have some die-hard Real fans here too. Was mainly asking about some of the guys here who also post on the EPL team season threads. Not judging, just interested.
exp
AG
Dont follow EPL. Keep up with La Liga lightly just to monitor ongoing Messi/Ronaldo greatness and Classico matchups. Then zone in big time on any European football, particularly Champions League.

Seen PSG and Real both in person. Would love to see many many more teams one day. Anfield and Allianz in Munich are probably top on my list.

Champions league gets my juices flowing as much or more than any other sport does. Such quality. Such compelling stories written.

What Salah did yesterday was amazing. He's my front runner for Ballon D'or by a hair over Ronaldo. He reminds me so much of Messi.

It's been a fun decade watching the Messi/Ronaldo rivalry though. Super epic. Not unlike Fed/Nadal on the tennis side.
Mike Elko
AG
Follow most leagues, but La Liga/RM are primary focus. Visited Madrid twice and caught a match at Bernabeu a few years ago. Have been a fan at least 12 years.

I'd say EPL is second favorite. Several good teams and many great players.
Gigem Trevas
jeffk said:

Yes. I support Real Madrid because they aren't Barcelona and cause Cristiano is the best player of all time.
datrixstunna
AG

Quote:

He's my front runner for Ballon D'or by a hair over Ronaldo
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
No Robbyn no offense !
wangus12
AG
Follow all the leagues and in general just love watching soccer. Been watching Arsenal for ~25 years. Usually if the tv remote is in my hand, then I'll have a match on, regardless of league or affiliation.
jeffk
AG
Good deal. Spreadsheet updated.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
exp said:

Anfield and Allianz in Munich are probably top on my list.
I follow all leagues. I can tell you Allianz is worth it. I follow Bayern (and I'm an Everton supporter). Klassiker at Allianz was one I'll never forget. Merseyside Derby at Goodison was amazing as well. Most Bundesliga stadiums are pretty nice. Most EPL stadiums are serious dumps. They're basically four stands cobbled together. Goodison is mostly made of wood and felt like a fire hazard. I remember seeing Liverpool v. West Ham at Upton Park the last season it was open. That place made a **** hole feel like the Ritz. Match day experience varies widely from league to league, but all are fun.

Long story short, go whenever you can, wherever you can, at whatever level you can. It's always fun.
gambochaman
AG
Today's game

Real Madrid - Bayern Munich (2-1)
Gigem Trevas
The GOAT.
AGC
AG
Should be wide open. There's talk of putting Vazquez at RB. Nacho may return which would be a huge boost as our utility defender but I'm not holding my breath.
jeffk
AG
Anyone have any good recommendations on places to catch the games and grab a beer and a bite to eat in BCS? Thinking about working offsite as they're working on the floor above our office again.
aeroag14
AG
See if you can get them to turn it on on the roof at the Corner!
exp
AG
I'm calling a 2-2 tie today with Real advancing on aggregate.

Goals by (in order) Rat Face Ribery, Ascensio, Muller, Ramos

Let's go boys
akm91
AG
AGC said:

Should be wide open. There's talk of putting Vazquez at RB. Nacho may return which would be a huge boost as our utility defender but I'm not holding my breath.
Here's the starting XI's:
Quote:

Real Madrid XI: Keylor Navas; Lucas Vazquez, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Mateo Kovacic, Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Marco Asensio; Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema

Bayern Munich XI: Sven Ulreich; Mats Hummels, Niklas Sule, David Alaba, Joshua Kimmich; James Rodriguez, Thiago Alcantara, Corentin Tolisso; Robert Lewandowski, Franck Ribery, Thomas Muller

Looks like Vazquez is @ RB, replacing Carvajal. Asensio replaces Isco in the starting XI.
wangus12
AG
Munich scores 2 minutes in
wangus12
AG
And Madrid equalize
gambochaman
AG
fun game so far! back and forth action

and you can say all you want about Ronaldo....but so far, Marcelo is da real MVP for Real in this semis
gougler08
AG
What a miss from James
wangus12
AG
Tough chance, but he has to bury that
jeffk
AG
Handball not given there.
Mike Elko
AG
Phew, made it to HT with lead still intact. This second half's gonna be fubared.
exp
AG
Nervy nervy first half for Madrid. Bayern bossing the midfield. Real looks scary on the counter. Madrid needs to make a sub at half to change the dynamic of possession.
AGC
AG
Thought the struggles would be at RB but really it's Asensio and Kroos being lazy tracking back. Maybe Casemiro for Kroos? Or Nacho since he was warming up.
wangus12
AG
Oh holy ****
OregonAggie
AG
WTF
Mathguy64
AG
That was U-10 like.
AGC
AG
Y nada mas!!!!
OregonAggie
AG
Stu Holden can't even fathom that play....hahaha
Bearded Fruit
Oh Bayern. That was the most Aggie like thing I've ever seen. I can only imagine the soul crush that was just performed on their fans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.