*****Champions League Semi Finals!*****

5,637 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gambochaman
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

BM constantly took the ball down the left side . With Robben they do much better on the right - he also switches sides

Can't believe the FS crew made no mention of him being out ! BM would have won if Robben was there
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
gambochaman
AG
nice finish
Mathguy64
AG
Ballsy concept by Roma, passing straight to Liverpool in their own end and then not bothering to get back
datrixstunna
AG
****ing Roma, why even bother showing up.
Mike Elko
AG
Comedy of errors, both semis.
gig them
AG
lol what even is this game
akm91
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

BM constantly took the ball down the left side . With Robben they do much better on the right - he also switches sides

Can't believe the FS crew made no mention of him being out ! BM would have won if Robben was there
The reason BM went down the left was because RM played a winger @ fullback. Kinda surprised they didn't play Nacho @ fullback.
gambochaman
AG
this is also entertaining but for entirely different reasons than yesterday's game
akm91
AG

Wijnaldum's goal pretty much sealed LFC's passage to the finals against RM.
Mathguy64
AG
Kind of sums up roma's night. Take a DFK from 20 yds out and hit it 50 yds.
jeffk
AG
That was the freekick that terrible call/card deserved.
Mathguy64
AG
Karius just got bailed out Otherwise thats a PK and hes gone.
Mathguy64
AG
And there is the second missed PK. And could have been a second red. Harsh, but hands up so close to goal you can make a case.
jeffk
AG
ALMOST as bad as the missed handball in the box call we didn't get Saturday.
Mathguy64
AG
Robertson just threw that dude onto the track. Wow.
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

The reason BM went down the left was because RM played a winger @ fullback. Kinda surprised they didn't play Nacho @ fullback.

Pretty sure Nacho isn't 100%. Also keeping Casemiro out so long was odd. May be looking to El Clasico Sunday and giving Nacho as much time as possible in case he can be saved for the final given Carvajal's injury.
Mathguy64
AG
He called that one?????? Holy crap thats a bad call. The one he missed was a red for DOG. this was nothing.
AggieWonWon
Real is gonna steamroll loserpool.
RomanAg11
AG
AggieWonWon said:

I sure hope so...Roma was robbed of two PKs.
akm91
AG
RomanAg11 said:

AggieWonWon said:

I sure hope so...Roma was robbed of two PKs.
So was BM as well.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm gonna say it. Liverpool was beyond fortunate. Dzeko was on and Karius could have been sent off. And the non call on the handling was brutally bad. Thats DOGSO handling. They were lucky to not be at 9 men. Certainly 10 and 2 PK's. I guess Skomina made up for one with the make up handling at the end but still. That was not a good game by the crew.
jeffk
AG
mathguy86 said:

I'm gonna say it. Liverpool was beyond fortunate. Dzeko was on and Karius could have been sent off. And the non call on the handling was brutally bad. Thats DOGSO handling. They were lucky to not be at 9 men. Certainly 10 and 2 PK's. I guess Skomina made up for one with the make up handling at the end but still. That was not a good game by the crew.

For sure. They also easily could have sent off a Roma player for a two-footed studs up tackle on Mane with 30' left in the match and called a PK for a Roma handling offense which was at least as egregious as the PK called in Roma's favor in the final minute. It's silly to think that only one side was the victim/beneficiary of a poorly-called game.
jeffk
AG
Not picking on you solely - just happened to be the last official-related post on the thread at the time.

It's soccer. Almost every call/non-call is subjective. What a difference we'd have seen in the second leg if the PK wasn't given for a borderline handling call in the closing minutes at Anfield.
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

mathguy86 said:

For sure. They also easily could have sent off a Roma player for a two-footed studs up tackle on Mane with 30' left in the match and called a PK for a Roma handling offense which was at least as egregious as the PK called in Roma's favor in the final minute. It's silly to think that only one side was the victim/beneficiary of a poorly-called game.
And the barge from behind on Mane early. No, it was a poorly officiated match all the way around. I'm just saying the obviously bad ones were really bad. The CR affected the outcome many times. And this from a group that has loudly proclaimed "no VAR" next year.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Do you even know who Robben is ?

BigJim49AustinnowDallas
AGC
AG

AustinAg2012 said:

Do you even know who Robben is ?

Someone who might still be playing for Madrid if he could stay healthy?
ChipFTAC01
AG
http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/3515413/north-american-2026-world-cup-bid-outscores-high-risk-morocco-fifa

Wow, surprise, surprise. The United bid drastically outscores the Morocco bid. Who would have guessed?
jeffk
AG
Our last bid outranked Qatar too...
gambochaman
AG
Yeah this means jack

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.