*** Official Gold Cup 2017 Thread ***

7,394 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jeffk
ja86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a joke right. This is a real tournament?
Mathguy64
AG
This was a case of one team trying not to lose and the other not good enough to win.
Mathguy64
AG
ja86 said:

No. It's a bi-annual money grab by CONCACAF.
ja86
AG
mathguy86 said:

ja86 said:

Everybody does it, but this year is so bad it is driving even people interested in the sport to watch reruns of tour de France stages....
Mathguy64
AG
ja86 said:

mathguy86 said:

ja86 said:

Everybody does it, but this year is so bad it is driving even people interested in the sport to watch reruns of tour de France stages....
But the really don't. Not like this. Most everyone else does it every 4 years, randomly draws pots and rotates it around. CONCACAF it's every 2 years, always in the US. And they rig the 3 groups so that it's impossible for the US and Mexico to meet any any place other than the finals. The only way they can meet earlier is if both finish 3rd and advance. They rig it for the money match to be last. Then keep their fingers crossed it works out that way.
gougler08
AG
The fact that these matches count towards a FIFA ranking is sad. Everyone should lose points for this
Mathguy64
AG
CONCACAF just ruled that Malouda was ineligible and officially awarded Honduras the 3-0 forfeit win. What a joke. Everyone knew he was ineligible from the beginning. The fact that they allowed him to show up on the roster just shows how messed up this confederation is.

This leaves Honduras in the catbirds seat for advancing now because of the 3 points and maybe more important the 3 goal win.
Bryan98
AG
Yep, absolutely bizarre that they undermined the competitiveness and results of their tournament by letting him on the field.
PatAg
AG
I just watch for the US games, don't care about the other countries in concacaf.
akm91
AG
Man the ref in the Costa Rica match sucks
Gigem Trevas
akm91 said:

Man the ref in every CONCACAF match sucks

FIFY
AgGrad99
AG
Anyone go to any games?

My son and I caught the games in Dallas. We had a good time.

Hoping we have a great show of support for the US Team in Dallas, if we win our next game.
cadetjay02
AG
I'm looking at going to the semifinal at Jerry world, hate to give that guy any money though. Tickets aren't bad for the third level.
wangus12
AG
Probably gonna go in for tickets at JW.
LeonardSkinner
Great save by Curacao.

Pathetic display of time wasting by Mexico.
PatAg
AG
cadetjay02 said:

I'm looking at going to the semifinal at Jerry world, hate to give that guy any money though. Tickets aren't bad for the third level.
Even the upper section of the lower bowl is decently priced. I sat there 4 years ago and the view is great.
Capt. America
AG
USA El Salvador watch party over at the corner in college station if anybody wants to join up.
shovel pass
AG
Out in Left Field
AgGrad99
AG
Jamaica
Capt. America
AG
BTHO Jamaica. Meet up at The Corner in College Station that night if you're in town.
jeffk
AG
I might try to make this one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.