Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M opens -3 against LSU

9,343 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by RKG_Ag
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am not surprised that we are 3-point home favorites over LSU. This is a battle between the two 6-1 teams on 6-game winning streaks and undefeated in SEC play. We have won 3 straight home games against LSU, including the last two by 13+ points each. Hopefully, that trend continues.
Rossticus
Bring n WOOD said:

Trident 88 said:

I think it would be crazy to bet serious $ on this game. Either team could win, and it could be close or a blow out.
Which Weigman will show up?
Will A&M's D line stay healthy?
Will LSU be undisciplined, penalty-prone idiots, or will they get away with murder? For that matter, how f'ed up will the officiating be?

^^^^
This!
That's why I just don't bet….period….not gonna risk my hard earned dineros on a bunch of inconsistent teams/kids….

It's called gambling for a reason.
Trident 88
AG
I gamble and win more than I lose, and it's by avoiding stupid bets like trying to predict the outcome of this particular game.
Hungry Ojos
Trident 88 said:

I gamble and win more than I lose, and it's by avoiding stupid bets like trying to predict the outcome of this particular game.

Historically, we fall flat on our faces in games like this. That's why I'm betting LSU to cover, plus, Weigman has looked pedestrian more than he's looked good all season. We don't match up well with LSU so I'm pretty confident they win.

That being said, because we're favored, I can make it an emotional hedge bet. So I won't care as much about the money if LSU somehow craps the bed and gives us the game.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Trident 88 said:

Historically, we fall flat on our faces in games like this. That's why I'm betting LSU to cover, plus, Weigman has looked pedestrian more than he's looked good all season. We don't match up well with LSU so I'm pretty confident they win.

That being said, because we're favored, I can make it an emotional hedge bet. So I won't care as much about the money if LSU somehow craps the bed and gives us the game.

You have been predicting us to lose every game thus far. Then we win and you predict the next game is a loss. I actually like your schtick. I kind of see it as a reverse jinx good luck. I'd get worried if you suddenly starting predicting an Aggie win.
taylorswift13_
Logos Stick said:

Depends on which QB shows up for us, which is a complete coin flip.

LSU can beat you with big passing plays which our secondary is susceptible to. Nuss is the #2 rated QB in the conference behind Dart. LSU throws more passes per game than any other team in the conference. The point about him throwing incompletions is irrelevant. Incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, BAM! 40 yard pass for a TD.

If I had to bet right now, I'd take the points and corndog. I will wait to see what the line does before betting.
3 incompletes lead to a punt
FtBendTxAg
AG
If you've been an Aggie football fan for longer than 5 games, if you're getting 3 pts for LSU, go ahead and take em and the money you win.
Hungry Ojos
Pumpkinhead said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Trident 88 said:

You have been predicting us to lose every game thus far. Then we win and you predict the next game is a loss. I actually like your schtick. I kind of see it as a reverse jinx good luck. I'd get worried if you suddenly starting predicting an Aggie win.

Nah, I just think they're a better football team than we are and have better talent. Not trying to troll or pot bang, it just is what it is.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Trident 88 said:

Nah, I just think they're a better football team than we are and have better talent. Not trying to troll or pot bang, it just is what it is.

You said the same about Mizzou. That the Mizzou defense was elite and we'd be lucky to get 100 yards against them…remember?

LSU could easily have THREE losses right now. They lost to USC. They were down 17-0 @ South Carolina and then the refs bailed them out with a bad call reversing a pick six. And then Ole Miss choked away a win against them.

So let's not make them out to be 2019 LSU with Burrows.

They looked good versus Arky. But Arky is not us. We have a lot more future NFL talent on our roster than Arky. They ARE good but so are we and it is in College Station where we have won the last three versus them.

I think 'pick em' is a fair assessment of this game. Won't be surprising if either team wins.

barnag
Hungry Ojos is a sip lol.
vander54
S
Hungry Ojos said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Trident 88 said:

We are equal in talent and not sure why you think they are better than us. They lost to USC and really haven't looked great in the games I've seen.
World's worst proofreader
Wisconsin_Ag
Trident 88 said:

Vandy/tu opened at tu -21. would you take Vandy and the points?
Logos Stick
Nm
HTownMan87
taylorswift13_ said:

Garrett Nussmeier is overrated, he threw 29 incompletions against Ole Miss, he can't move whatsoever and that's been disguised by a great OL. He has 16 rushing yards on the season. We get pressure on him, he's ineffective and we can win comfortably. However we're going to need to close the pocket and affect his timing as much as possible. LSU has a top 5 pick at left tackle and didn't allow a sack against ole miss and Arkansas.
Did you watch the Arky game? Looked pretty solid
taylorswift13_
Averaged 6 yards a pass and ran for a whole 5 yards. Got gifted good field position by 3 Arky turnovers. I never said he was bad, just said he isn't some Heisman winning qb people make him out to be. He's immobile and struggled the majority of the ole miss game because they were pressuring him which led to a 40% completion rate. We get pressure we win, Arkansas couldn't get pressure whatsoever against him.
vander54
S
HTownMan87 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Garrett Nussmeier is overrated, he threw 29 incompletions against Ole Miss, he can't move whatsoever and that's been disguised by a great OL. He has 16 rushing yards on the season. We get pressure on him, he's ineffective and we can win comfortably. However we're going to need to close the pocket and affect his timing as much as possible. LSU has a top 5 pick at left tackle and didn't allow a sack against ole miss and Arkansas.
Did you watch the Arky game? Looked pretty solid

Decent sure but he's not had an outstanding game yet this year.

Basically hes consitantly a good QB but isn't anything outsatnding.
Johnsy3
AG
4 said:

Brother Shamus said:

northeastag said:

Home team has won something like 7 or 8 games in a row between us. But that was when this was a real rivalry game played at the end of the year. Now that some of you have such a hard-on for tu, it may be more difficult to get the motivation going and the better team is more likely to win. LSU has the better looking team right now.

What are you talking about - this is a big game and the players know it.

That's the problem.

How have we tended to do in big games the last 30 years or so?

God forbid Game Day shows up...

They're headed to Indiana next week, but I bet they'll be back for the tu game which scares me
HTownAg
AG
fistofsouth said:

4 said:

Brother Shamus said:

northeastag said:

Home team has won something like 7 or 8 games in a row between us. But that was when this was a real rivalry game played at the end of the year. Now that some of you have such a hard-on for tu, it may be more difficult to get the motivation going and the better team is more likely to win. LSU has the better looking team right now.

What are you talking about - this is a big game and the players know it.

That's the problem.

How have we tended to do in big games the last 30 years or so?

God forbid Game Day shows up...
With JFF we were fine and have been suspect since, but it isn't like the RC days when a bowl loss was a foregone conclusion; we showed up for Mizzou a couple of weeks ago.

JFF Aggie teams lost at home to Florida & LSU his first year; and lost 4 games his second season (Bama & Auburn at home) and Mizzou and a butt kicking by LSU in Baton Rouge
taylorswift13_
Last year we were in the game with our 3rd string qb going against an LSU team with a Heisman winning qb who's going to be the rookie of the year, the best rookie receiver in Malik Nabers and another top 6 rookie of the year in Brian Thomas Jr. We didn't even have a head coach, many players had quit, and we almost went into Death Valley and lost a close one. Brian Kelly is an overrated coach who got ran out of Notre Dame and he clearly does not know how to coach in big games. Elko will out coach him 100%. LSU is undisciplined and will not be ready for Kyle Field.
Farmer_J

I feel like for the first time in a long time, we're actually outcoaching the other team.

vander54
S
Farmer_J said:

I feel like for the first time in a long time, we're actually outcoaching the other team.

Same. I haven't felt coaching was an issue in any of our games. It's a nice change of pace.

Now I'm not saying coaching has been perfect but it is much improved.
SnowboardAg
AG
I will say the thing I like about A&M under Elko, which I don't recall seeing before, is that we find a way to win. It may be close, not pretty or even frustrating, but I love the will to win. I put that on the coaching and the locker room environment. They're gritty.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I think our ceiling this year is four wins. We are really, really bad. I think most people who have more experience with the game of football than a Nintendo controller see this. Scattered, disorganized, talentless, unconditioned, all things you don't want to see. Elko probably won't make it here four years.

That is pretty funny. Damn Hungry. Just damn.
Sapper Redux
Hungry Ojos said:

Trident 88 said:

Yeah, the players and the coaches haven't been playing for A&M for 30 years. Our defense matches up pretty well. Our passing game needs to be better, but it can be because LSU doesn't have an elite passing defense.
MaroonStain
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Last year we were in the game with our 3rd string qb going against an LSU team with a Heisman winning qb who's going to be the rookie of the year, the best rookie receiver in Malik Nabers and another top 6 rookie of the year in Brian Thomas Jr. We didn't even have a head coach, many players had quit, and we almost went into Death Valley and lost a close one. Brian Kelly is an overrated coach who got ran out of Notre Dame and he clearly does not know how to coach in big games. Elko will out coach him 100%. LSU is undisciplined and will not be ready for Kyle Field.

So it is written, so let's make it happen.
Mule
AG
Trident 88 said:

I think it would be crazy to bet serious $ on this game. Either team could win, and it could be close or a blow out.
Which Weigman will show up?
Will A&M's D line stay healthy?
Will LSU be undisciplined, penalty-prone idiots, or will they get away with murder? For that matter, how f'ed up will the officiating be?
Don't forget: will the sip ref show up?
Texas Aggies
rsf0626
I can see this one as close as the 7 OT game from 2018.

These teams are super evenly matched
rsf0626
vander54
S
Vegasinsider is showing -3 to -3.5. Wonder if and when we wi see movement.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/lsu-vs-texas-am/
jeffdjohnson
Can A&M keep generating pressure against LSU's good O-Line? I think yes, but this will be critical if you want to get LSU off the field.

Can Weigman play well in the face of LSU's defensive pressure? I think no based on what we've seen so far. Klein will need to be more creative and/or the running game will need to generate some yards.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

And we need Will Lee to at least be average. He has been a liability in several of our games this year.
Lee has been without a doubt our best corner despite what I felt was a mediocre performance against Miss State.
AgLA06
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I think our ceiling this year is four wins. We are really, really bad. I think most people who have more experience with the game of football than a Nintendo controller see this. Scattered, disorganized, talentless, unconditioned, all things you don't want to see. Elko probably won't make it here four years.

That is pretty funny. Damn Hungry. Just damn.
It takes a pretty pathetic person to only be able to find joy as a bad troll on TexAgs.
AgLA06
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

And we need Will Lee to at least be average. He has been a liability in several of our games this year.
Lee has been without a doubt our best corner despite what I felt was a mediocre performance against Miss State.
I honestly think Miss St. had the best receiving corp we will face this year.

Great routes, extremely quick and shifty. LSU will get all the love, but I wouldn't be surprised if our defense performs much better against them. A dangerous QB also makes WRs much better. That's not really LSUs game either.
taylorswift13_
It's only Monday and first and second deck seats in the student section are all sold out
magnolia tiger
Interesting take about MSST WR's being better than LSU.
Hungry Ojos
vander54 said:

Vegasinsider is showing -3 to -3.5. Wonder if and when we wi see movement.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/lsu-vs-texas-am/
Bovada is now -2.5
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.