Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M opens -3 against LSU

9,339 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by RKG_Ag
Hungry Ojos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should be a nail biter.
Eso si, Que es
I think betting world quickly moves that to a coin flip. Gotta figure sharps will love LSU+3
Hungry Ojos
The line will absolutely move to a pick 'em. Probably as early as today.
MaroonStain
AG
3 point home dog means bet farm on Aggies. Smart money goes on Tigers as Victory Tax.
taylorswift13_
Garrett Nussmeier is overrated, he threw 29 incompletions against Ole Miss, he can't move whatsoever and that's been disguised by a great OL. He has 16 rushing yards on the season. We get pressure on him, he's ineffective and we can win comfortably. However we're going to need to close the pocket and affect his timing as much as possible. LSU has a top 5 pick at left tackle and didn't allow a sack against ole miss and Arkansas.
vander54
S
I thought it would be a pick em
World's worst proofreader
Keyno
I'm laying points
Texags Meltdown
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

I think betting world quickly moves that to a coin flip. Gotta figure sharps will love LSU+3
Highly unlikely it moves to a pick em unless some major injury news comes out
Bill Superman
AG
It's basically a pickem, home team gets -3 to their advantage.
northeastag
AG
Home team has won something like 7 or 8 games in a row between us. But that was when this was a real rivalry game played at the end of the year. Now that some of you have such a hard-on for tu, it may be more difficult to get the motivation going and the better team is more likely to win. LSU has the better looking team right now.
W
AG
LSU has lost 3-in-a-row at Kyle Field
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
BTHO
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
taylorswift13_ said:

Garrett Nussmeier is overrated, he threw 29 incompletions against Ole Miss, he can't move whatsoever and that's been disguised by a great OL. He has 16 rushing yards on the season. We get pressure on him, he's ineffective and we can win comfortably. However we're going to need to close the pocket and affect his timing as much as possible. LSU has a top 5 pick at left tackle and didn't allow a sack against ole miss and Arkansas.

Meanwhile...when we have the ball... Conner has GOT to avoid more dumb throws into coverage. I think the winner of the turnover battle could very well win this game.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
MaroonStain said:

3 point home dog means bet farm on Aggies. Smart money goes on Tigers as Victory Tax.

A&M is not a 3 point home dog
BMX Bandit
Favorite v dog has previously been confusing for that poster.
gA_CMAB_FA
taylorswift13_ said:

And there's the key. A non-mobile QB is not going to beat an Elko D at Kyle at night.

Take the Ags and the points.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm a better soft troll than a sports bettor.
Dilly Dilly
AG
So long as we don't let him sit back in the pocket and allow their receivers to get loose. Pressure is key.
Nino Brown
Don't see us losing a night game in this situation and time of the season.

Biggest game we've had in awhile with a chance to be at 7-1 and in the top 10. Kyle is gonna be nuts.

Come on good bi-polor CW, we need you. And a healthy Scourton.
brunsie
AG
WorkTogetherAgs said:

BTHO

Lsu
Hungry Ojos
And we need Will Lee to at least be average. He has been a liability in several of our games this year.
74AnimalA
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I SURE Hope So!
All I do is Nguyen
That's just the home field advantage line. It's basically a push which makes sense
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Corn Pop
Nino Brown said:

How long you been following A&M?
Nino Brown
Corn Pop said:

Nino Brown said:

How long you been following A&M?

Since around 88-89.

Obviously been said before a few times but just feels different with Elko. We haven't had successful seasons with 2 different QB's getting minutes during the season since Jackie and RC.

Elko's teams find a way to win even when semi rough offensive games
Logos Stick
Depends on which QB shows up for us, which is a complete coin flip.

LSU can beat you with big passing plays which our secondary is susceptible to. Nuss is the #2 rated QB in the conference behind Dart. LSU throws more passes per game than any other team in the conference. The point about him throwing incompletions is irrelevant. Incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, BAM! 40 yard pass for a TD.

If I had to bet right now, I'd take the points and corndog. I will wait to see what the line does before betting.
vander54
S
Looks like it ranges from -1.5 to -3.5
World's worst proofreader
AG
Logos Stick said:

Depends on which QB shows up for us, which is a complete coin flip.

LSU can beat you with big passing plays which our secondary is susceptible to. Nuss is the #2 rated QB in the conference behind Dart. LSU throws more passes per game than any other team in the conference. The point about him throwing incompletions is irrelevant. Incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, BAM! 40 yard pass for a TD.

If I had to bet right now, I'd take the points and corndog. I will wait to see what the line does before betting.

This is spot on. I don't like the way we match up with them.

This is our real test. I'd take LSU and the points.
Brother Shamus
northeastag said:

Home team has won something like 7 or 8 games in a row between us. But that was when this was a real rivalry game played at the end of the year. Now that some of you have such a hard-on for tu, it may be more difficult to get the motivation going and the better team is more likely to win. LSU has the better looking team right now.

What are you talking about - this is a big game and the players know it.
AG
Brother Shamus said:

northeastag said:

That's the problem.

How have we tended to do in big games the last 30 years or so?

God forbid Game Day shows up...
fistofsouth
4 said:

Brother Shamus said:

northeastag said:

That's the problem.

How have we tended to do in big games the last 30 years or so?

God forbid Game Day shows up...
With JFF we were fine and have been suspect since, but it isn't like the RC days when a bowl loss was a foregone conclusion; we showed up for Mizzou a couple of weeks ago.
BMX Bandit
Brother Shamus said:

northeastag said:

He's talking nonsense. He's so obsessed with the horns he can't think straight
Trident 88
AG
I think it would be crazy to bet serious $ on this game. Either team could win, and it could be close or a blow out.
Which Weigman will show up?
Will A&M's D line stay healthy?
Will LSU be undisciplined, penalty-prone idiots, or will they get away with murder? For that matter, how f'ed up will the officiating be?
Sparkie
AG
Bring n WOOD
AG
Trident 88 said:

I think it would be crazy to bet serious $ on this game. Either team could win, and it could be close or a blow out.
Which Weigman will show up?
Will A&M's D line stay healthy?
Will LSU be undisciplined, penalty-prone idiots, or will they get away with murder? For that matter, how f'ed up will the officiating be?

^^^^
This!
That's why I just don't bet….period….not gonna risk my hard earned dineros on a bunch of inconsistent teams/kids….
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.