Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M opens -3 against LSU

9,268 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by RKG_Ag
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLA06 said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

And we need Will Lee to at least be average. He has been a liability in several of our games this year.
Lee has been without a doubt our best corner despite what I felt was a mediocre performance against Miss State.
I honestly think Miss St. had the best receiving corp we will face this year.

Great routes, extremely quick and shifty. LSU will get all the love, but I wouldn't be surprised if our defense performs much better against them. A dangerous QB also makes WRs much better. That's not really LSUs game either.

I hate to say it but, in my opinion, Hill has to sit and Mayes needs to play from the outset. Hill is pretty good in run support but doesn't seem to have the necessary speed in coverage. Every time Mayes is in the secondary is way more stable.
Magpie
All of the historicists in the crowd should tell me why history in big games makes any difference in this one. New staff, a whole bunch of new players, and the mindset of a new coach who is not Jimbo, Sumlin, Sherman, Fran, RC, etc. On the whole, none of those folks were losers, given their overall coaching records, but they screwed the pooch time and again. That is not "Aggieness", but a history of poor hires who did not prepare the team for victory.

We had one, Jackie Sherrill, who won big games and was moving us in the direction of a natty. Clearly, he was different. So is Elko. Even with Bayesian statistical priors (past Aggie failures seem really hard to quantify, to my mind, in this equation) why does this game not have the same statistical likelihood of winning or losing that is completely independent of any history of Aggie failures? Seems to be "recency bias" showing its head by those obsessed with *maintaining* a BAS mindset. It's a voodoo mindset, frankly.

With a line that is about dead even, Vegas doesn't seem to think that there is any "history" involved here. Why should we?
You may be through with the past, but the past may not be through with you...
catfan
Spread was the same when #9 Missou went to Kyle Field against #25 A&M. Aggies won by 31.
wangus12
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Garrett Nussmeier is overrated, he threw 29 incompletions against Ole Miss, he can't move whatsoever and that's been disguised by a great OL. He has 16 rushing yards on the season. We get pressure on him, he's ineffective and we can win comfortably. However we're going to need to close the pocket and affect his timing as much as possible. LSU has a top 5 pick at left tackle and didn't allow a sack against ole miss and Arkansas.

So he's about to open his Heisman campaign against us right. Because that's what usually happens
waco_aggie05
AG
The curious thing about big games is they are usually against pretty solid teams.
Aggies2009
AG
Wait til we hear from SpreadsheetAg. Then we'll know the real odds.
AgLA06
AG
Sterling82 said:

AgLA06 said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

And we need Will Lee to at least be average. He has been a liability in several of our games this year.
Lee has been without a doubt our best corner despite what I felt was a mediocre performance against Miss State.
I honestly think Miss St. had the best receiving corp we will face this year.

Great routes, extremely quick and shifty. LSU will get all the love, but I wouldn't be surprised if our defense performs much better against them. A dangerous QB also makes WRs much better. That's not really LSUs game either.

I hate to say it but, in my opinion, Hill has to sit and Mayes needs to play from the outset. Hill is pretty good in run support but doesn't seem to have the necessary speed in coverage. Every time Mayes is in the secondary is way more stable.

I can't disagree with that.
RKG_Ag
The curious thing about big games is they are usually against pretty solid teams.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.