Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pat Forde predicts Ags play two teams twice this year...

2,636 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...and, though he doesn't say it, potentially one team three times this season.

https://www.si.com/college-football/forde-yard-dash-how-college-football-playoff-seeding-will-play-out
dcg4403
AG
Yep, I already said this two weeks ago. We are setting up to potentially make all the SEC whine and cry. Watching the two Texas schools play in a repeat game and then potentially match up for a 3rd in the CFP.

This would be acceptable, although sips would get as much media love from it too.

Thing is....Texas is gonna lose two games prior to coming to Kyle.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
crazy the hype train after one real good game… it's nice i guess… but let's beat Miss State
TMF
AG
If we can beat S Carolina and LSU then we are legit. BAS says we are close in the games but can't find away to make the plays to win them. We are getting better and under new staff so there is hope.
MD1993
AG
But it sounds like he has us losing 2x to the sips and then having Notre Dame in the 1st round of the playoffs. Weird things like this can happen, not sure if good, but would be interesting.
sblake93
AG
I got GA by the slimmest of margins. You think Arky? Sips are a 1 loss team entering the loudest environment any football program has experienced!
Medaggie
texas may lose one game but I do not see 2. Even with 2, they are in.

They will be double digit favorites in every game other than Ga and maybe us.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Medaggie said:

Vandy will beat them. Arkansas might.

Kentucky may also surprise them too.

They'll have 2 losses before the SEC championship game
Muy
AG
TMF said:

If we can beat S Carolina and LSU then we are legit. BAS says we are close in the games but can't find away to make the plays to win them. We are getting better and under new staff so there is hope.

Best Miss State and then have a solid win against LSU and then I'll jump on the hype train.
jturner181
AG
Aggies getting a rematch in round 1, in south bend, IN would be a wild scenario, but certainly a most welcome one!

I would make that trip!
beerad12man
AG
bulverdeaggie93 said:

crazy the hype train after one real good game… it's nice i guess… but let's beat Miss State
I'm not sure it's really the hype train after one game. We are 3-0 in the sec now. So it's 3 games. Not to mention, after what Florida and Arkansas did against Tennessee and have shown recently, both wins are looking better than they appeared the day we beat them.

Even before we kicked off against Missouri, we were going to be favored in the next 5 before Texas.
Hungry Ojos
MD1993 said:

But it sounds like he has us losing 2x to the sips and then having Notre Dame in the 1st round of the playoffs. Weird things like this can happen, not sure if good, but would be interesting.

So he thinks we make the playoffs with three losses?
Bill Superman
AG
bulverdeaggie93 said:

yeah I'm not ready to start crowing us kings just yet. We need to take it week by week. If anyone should know better it is us. Leave that foolishness for sip.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Hungry Ojos said:

MD1993 said:

If those three losses are to ND in first game and to tu in last game of regular season and in the SEC Championship game- then YES.
AggieBiker
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Medaggie said:

Yeah. And maybe we will land a man on the moon someday.
Medaggie
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Medaggie said:

I will bet you a bottle of whiskey your choice (under $100) that they will beat Vandy.

texas is the best scoring defense with a top 20 SOS. They have given up 3 Tds all year with 2 in the 4th when they had back ups in. They have only trailed once this year against OU for about 5 minutes.

Vandy gave up 36 to Ga state, 35 to bama, 30 to Miss.
Medaggie
Hungry Ojos said:

MD1993 said:

a 3 loss SEC team that loses SEC champ game is 2nd in the SEC and will be in above the other 2 loss teams.

They will never penalize a 2 loss team for getting a 3rd loss in essentially an extra game
Eso si, Que es
Medaggie said:

Hungry Ojos said:

MD1993 said:

a 3 loss SEC team that loses SEC champ game is 2nd in the SEC and will be in above the other 2 loss teams.

They will never penalize a 2 loss team for getting a 3rd loss in essentially an extra game
and 9 months ago it was said they would never leave out an undefeated power 5 champion....

They will do anything to defend the Notre Dames and tu's of the college football world.
bearcat
As long as we are winning, I hope Tennessee and Georgia also win out. I really don't want any part of the SEC championship game to be honest. Reasoning: we will most likely have 1 SEC loss going to Championship game. Lose it and your place in the playoffs are in much doubt. Start looking around the country. Do you see teams like Indiana, PSU, Ohio St, Oregon having more than 2 losses. They are in over a 3 loss SEC team. What about ISU and BYU and KSU. 2 of 3 get in with 1 loss or less. Now look at ACC, I would bet it's Miami and Clemson. I still think ND gets in. That leaves 2 spots for SEC. No, I am not saying SEC only gets 2 teams in. I am saying Georgia, Texas, and Bama or Tennessee are in with 2 losses or less. Only way Ags get in with 3 losses is if they beat one of those 2 loss SEC teams.
Leaving the Ags out of it, I could see final standings in SEC like this:

Texas 11-1
Georgia 10-2 with losses to Tex and Bama
Tenn 10-2 with losses to Arky and Georgia
LSU 9-3
Bama 9-3
Ole Miss 9-3

I don't think a 10-3 Aggie team gets in over those top 3 teams.
Logos Stick
Muy said:

TMF said:

Best Miss State and then have a solid win against LSU and then I'll jump on the hype train.

Same. We've had one very bad game with Conner and one very good game.

I'm not sold on anything yet.

One thing about the Mizzou game: they hardly blitzed at all. ND blitzed us like crazy. I expect MSU to follow suit!
Definitely Not a Troll
AG
I'm seriously wondering if missing out on the SEC championship is a better scenario than going there and losing. Do we think a 3 loss SEC championship runner up gets in over a two loss team that didn't make the championship? In our scenario, I could see people saying "well they lost to Texas twice, they had their shot" and I would have a hard time arguing with that.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Agree with the "let's just beat Mississippi State" crowd (even though I was the one who passed this article on to TexAgs as the OP).

In fact, let's just win ALL of our remaining games - including against tu!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.