Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reality

2,609 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Divining Rod
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Anyone using Missouri as to why we will win 10+ games is just as bad as those saying we suck because of Notre Dame.

Things look a lot brighter after Missouri but let's see how things go the next 3 weeks before jumping to conclusions.

And I've said it 100 times I still think 9-3 is most liekly but I'm feeling better about 10-2.
World's worst proofreader
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i think people excitement stems from on the field improvement. who is to say our game vs mizzou is the peak of what we can achieve? CW performing at a high level shows glimpses of what this offense can achieve with a proficient passing attack coupled with a strongly developing run game.

the way i see it college football is like 12 mini seasons so muc can happen from week to week it is amazing. but the performance last week provided hope that there is still a whole lot left to play for this season.
Sharpshooter
AG
vander54 said:

Anyone using Missouri as to why we will win 10+ games is just as bad as those saying we suck because of Notre Dame.

Things look a lot brighter after Missouri but let's see how things go the next 3 weeks before jumping to conclusions.

And I've said it 100 times I still think 9-3 is most liekly but I'm feeling better about 10-2.
I guarantee we have it this week.
Heineken-Ashi
vander54 said:

I think it's the fact that not only did we show we were capable of beating a quality team, ranked or not, two weeks in a row. But that we showed we CAN blow out quality teams. Jimbo teams didn't really show that potential. We showed that if we play well, operating on most of our cylinders, we will be VERY hard to beat for any opponent. Do we have some performances ahead where we don't fire on all those cylinders? Probably. But the ceiling has moved up significantly, and with one of our tougher opponents behind us, the floor has too. Add in the fact that we have two QB's that have proven they can win conference games, an offensive line that isn't just improved, but actually looks to be GOOD, a defensive front that can be game changing, and fewer roster holes than almost any year in the last decade, and it's understandable that people are raising expectations.
Bill Superman
AG
We have to take care of business against the teams like Ms St and Auburn and not show up sleep walking.

Then we have to play our A game against corndog, S Car and sip and come away with 2 wins out of 3.

Main thing is to continue to get better and not plateau or take a step back. I believe Elko can keep them focused but wouldn't be surprised to see us come out flat in a game that we could've otherwise won at point.

BAS tells me 9-3. But we're fully capable of 10-2, and even 11-1 with a lucky bounce or two.
fav13andac1)c
AG
vander54 said:

Yep. I've seen it happen over and over where we'll play great going into a bye week, then **** the bed the next week. OR well just **** the bed after a bye week period. See 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. A few of those losses have been to Mississippi State. Not the same teams or coaching staff, but time will tell if this team can break the mold.

greg.w.h
AG
Predicting wins and losses is an effort to create the illusion of comtrol. It does zero good and lots of terrible.
Onionman
Funny how just a short time ago I remember seeing posts that we would not make a bowl game this year. Emotions usually go too far one way or the other on here. The truth often lies somewhere in the middle.

But this is an Aggie fan forum. If people want to get excited and think we will not lose another game then fine with me. We can all dream of great seasons.

Having said all that, very happy with the job the coaching staff and team has done so far. Not easy to come out this strong in year 1.
AG
greg.w.h said:

Predicting wins and losses is an effort to create the illusion of comtrol. It does zero good and lots of terrible.

What the F is it with you and this control issue schtick??

Shut up already
Aggie Dad 26
vander54 said:

Who is on the schedule that has as much talent on their roster as A&M?

If our coaches are good, we should beat everyone with less talent. If our coaches are great they'll beat a team with the same or more talent

You're hedging
TAMUallen
AG
Agreed.

We just don't know if Mizzou is really any good.

We don't know if we will see our level of performance again and consistently.

We don't know how Miss St will be in Starkville either. Now if we shut them out and win by 30+ then we really might have a team that will be hard to beat.

Will be very interesting to see how everybody plays this weekend while we rest!
90ags
Prefer 1 game at a time mentality after years of playing and pretty sure staff/team look at it the same way.

Mizzou win was great, team looked great, but guarantees nothing vs. LSU, tu, Aub at home, etc. Don't know if Mizzou had a bad day at the office, over-rated or emotionally not strong (pouted and got down on themselves). If a few of those early calls went their way, game would have been 10-7 early and everyone complaining about busted coverages yet again (cuz it happened again). Bussey also saved an INT and should have rec'd game ball for that play alone.

Like the makeup of our team, hoping secondary continues to improve and they keep shuffling LBs to really find the best 2 to be on the field (still a weak area, but improving weekly).

Nothing guaranteed, but why they play the games and why it's entertaining to enjoy the journey and live in the moment.

______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
mrfun83
AG
I fully expect Weigman to float between the ND Weigman and the Mizzou Weigman in his performance in future games. We won't know which Wiggy we'll get until we start the game.
Thus, I expect to see Reed again on the field during some future game not in mop-up time.
BkYdPitmaster
AG
mrfun83 said:

I fully expect Weigman to float between the ND Weigman and the Mizzou Weigman in his performance in future games. We won't know which Wiggy we'll get until we start the game.
Thus, I expect to see Reed again on the field during some future game not in mop-up time.
Wait, Weigman won't get hurt for the rest of the season? Cmon.
Sq 17
We beat a SEC team decisively
Pig appears to be better than we thought
Our other 3 road games are against the dregs of the conference
LSU looks very beatable
A good reason to be optimistic and dream of post season playoffs

Insert Jim mora talking about playoffs mentally here

And It is an off week not much else to do
Keyno
I was just happy to see A&M thrash a top 10 team at Kyle. That hasn't happened since.....?
vander54
S
Don't get me wrong. There's definitely reasons to be optimistic but i want to see consistency before I get too excited.

If we beat MSU and LSU then expectations shift to 10-2 minimum.

I wish we didn't have a bye this week
World's worst proofreader
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was great to watch us dominate a top 10 undefeated SEC team from start to finish. We throttled Missouri 41-10, for our largest margin of victory over a top 10 team, exceeding our 52-28 road victory over then No. 9 South Carolina to open the 2014 season. For these reasons, people are getting much more excited, but we should see how our next 3 games go before jumping to conclusions. If we can win our next game 3 games against Mississippi State, LSU, and South Carolina, expectations shift to a floor of 10-2 (7-1 SEC) finish, a probable SEC Championship Game appearance, and a lock for the playoffs.
Farmer_J

Wise words from lucci during the luccador podcast

"Stop trying to guess what our record will be and just enjoy the next game."

Faustus
mrfun83 said:

Between the two QBs they only have two picks thrown (both in the first game when Weigman was off) for the season. Add in just one fumble lost from a RB and that's pretty elite as far as taking care of the ball througb six games.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/team-stats?category=turnovers&sort=to&season=2024&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

Conner can afford to be a little more off target as long as A&M averages only a turnover every other game or so. A&M's current pace is 6 for the regular season and the lowest mark ever in the NCAA (or any level of collegiate football) is 5. Kind of a fun stat, and good on Elko as a defensive guru who's had to play his backup QB for much of the season.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2019/10/oregon-state-football-on-pace-to-set-ncaa-records-for-fewest-turnovers-and-lost-fumbles-in-a-season.html?outputType=amp
Divining Rod
Team needs to stay focused and do what they've been doing. The line is starting to look like 2020, but the passing game if it continues on this trajectory makes this a much more dangerous team than that one.

In 2020, we controlled the game, played it tight the whole way. We relied on our D to keep it close while the offense ran clock and wore the other team down so we could win it in the 4th qtr.

With Conner Weigman, we have the potential to be a team that can come back if needed, and a team that can also pull away from teams and put them away earlier.

All depends on how hard they keep working..... and health.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.