Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Exactly when did CW get hurt in the ND game?

4,090 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by rootube
RUGuys4Real
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aeon-ag said:

He has a history of being delicate.
Actually Wiegman has a history of being very tough. Only had two injuries behind an O line operating under an Open Border Policy. Okay what gives here? Texas Fans? Who are these posters with such animosity toward a kid they apparently have not watched before this year? I've figured out Aggie Dad, I think, 3000+ post and has only been on here 8 months? He wasn't an Aggie Fan last year and hasn't actually seen Weigman's true talent. I kept thinking he's saying things that just don't add up, lol. Lord I hope his son doesn't take after his dad...
Zachary Klement
AG
knoxtom said:

I have absolutely no inside knowledge. That being said I don't think we will ever see Weigman take a meaningful snap for A&M again.

And that is not a bad thing. Whether he is "protecting" himself or is simply bad luck injury prone, he can't be trusted to be there when needed for any length of time.

Last thing... I have never seen anything from Weigman that says to me he is special in any way as a QB. OK arm strength, panicky in the pocket, doesn't run much, mediocre accuracy. He needs to go back to baseball
Hard to say that he is injury prone when his first two years here we got down to our third string quarterback and then the fourth string quarterback. That points to it being an OL issue because our guys were getting teed off on regularly. This most recent injury may have been more fluky, hard to say because there is a lack of clarity as to when exactly it happened.

I know the ND game was bad, but people have quickly forgotten that he was completing 69% of his passes last year before getting injured, exceeded 300 passing yards in the two games he played the full game, had 10 touchdowns in three games, and was good enough running...had 18-29 yards in each game and two rushing touchdowns. Weigman is a good quarterback and one bad game does not change that, whether the injury came in the first quarter or fourth.
Zachary Klement
AG
RUGuys4Real said:

aeon-ag said:

He has a history of being delicate.
Actually Wiegman has a history of being very tough. Only had two injuries behind an O line operating under an Open Border Policy. Okay what gives here? Texas Fans? Who are these posters with such animosity toward a kid they apparently have not watched before this year? I've figured out Aggie Dad, I think, 3000+ post and has only been on here 8 months? He wasn't an Aggie Fan last year and hasn't actually seen Weigman's true talent. I kept thinking he's saying things that just don't add up, lol. Lord I hope his son doesn't take after his dad...
In 2022, we got to our third string quarterback because of injuries.
In 2023, we got to our fourth string quarterback because of injuries.

Either A&M is GREAT at recruiting all of the "delicate" quarterbacks or there has been an offensive line problem at A&M for a while.
94chem
harge57 said:

I agree our ceiling is higher with a healthy CW. Our offense is still pretty objectively bad.
I don't mind that thinking at all. I just think we're delusional if we expect him to stay on the field.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aggie-1997
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

infinity ag said:

Elko is faking the injury.
Wiggy is fine. He will be back if Reed does badly enough to be benched.

There was a video of him wincing as he was warming up for Florida.
I felt like I was wincing when he jogged on the field to warm up.
MaroonStain
AG
94chem said:

harge57 said:

I agree our ceiling is higher with a healthy CW. Our offense is still pretty objectively bad.
I don't mind that thinking at all. I just think we're delusional if we expect him to stay on the field.

Beeteedubs, what was the exact post that Dough gave you props for?
MaroonStain
AG
Talking about bad offense... How many on this thread watched and in action the 2001 offense? That was offensive. I, for many, hope this season doesn't turn out like that season. Oof!
Medaggie
Man you guys are rough. Give the kid a break even if he doesn't play here again. But the chances are likely he will if Reed plays poorly or gets injured. Running QBs tend to get injured so lets give the kid a break.
rsf0626
cheeky said:

the rumor is going around that he doesn't like Klein's offense.
same bro same
rsf0626
rootube
AG
I just read that the hurricane damage in NC was man made. Does anyone know where Connor was when that storm came through?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.