Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Exactly when did CW get hurt in the ND game?

3,085 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by RUGuys4Real
SouthLlano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How far into the game did the shoulder injury occur? Was it early in the game?

Did he hide the injury from the coaches and keep playing?

Or did the coaches choose to leave him out there instead of putting Reed in the game?

If it was early in the game, then why wasn't he taken out?

South Llano
Aggie Dad 26
I never bought the idea he injured it during the ND game
fightintxaggie10
AG
When. Did. Conner. Actually. Get. Hurt.

What is happening
The Banned
He threw 1000X more accurate against McNeese with an injury than he did before he was injured? The story always seemed weird to me. And it's not just "McNeese isn't as good". His passes against ND weren't even near receivers on many occasions, and he only threw one or two off the mark the next game
infinity ag
Elko is faking the injury.
Wiggy is fine. He will be back if Reed does badly enough to be benched.
Aggie Dad 26
infinity ag said:

There was a video of him wincing as he was warming up for Florida.
harge57
AG
The Banned said:

He threw 1000X more accurate against McNeese with an injury than he did before he was injured? The story always seemed weird to me. And it's not just "McNeese isn't as good". His passes against ND weren't even near receivers on many occasions, and he only threw one or two off the mark the next game

He got the appropriate shots prior to Mcneese. Elko specifically said that he did not suit up after that because they were trying to avoid going through the pain shots/meds as they weren't working as hoped. They also reimaged to make sure they didn't miss something because they were not getting expected results. People need to take off their tinfoil hats.

I also believe that's why he was puking in the ND game. Puking is a common side effect of toradol shots.

We have our starting QB trying to play through an injury and half the fans can't resist throwing him out with the trash.
Aggie Dad 26
A 100 yard, 0 TD 2 INT performance can do that to a fanbase
harge57
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Look I was CWs biggest critic after the ND game. He played historically awful. But he was better than our other QBs all fall and came out and played well against mcneese. He is fighting for this team and gets no respect from the fans.
infinity ag
Aggie Dad 26 said:

infinity ag said:

There was a video of him wincing as he was warming up for Florida.

Everything can be staged. He was probably slightly hurt but I believe he is ready to go now but is actually being benched.
infinity ag
harge57 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Look I was CWs biggest critic after the ND game. He played historically awful. But he was better than our other QBs all fall and came out and played well against mcneese. He is fighting for this team and gets no respect from the fans.

I actually think he deserves another chance. It is not like Reed is getting us to the Natty.
harge57
AG
I agree our ceiling is higher with a healthy CW. Our offense is still pretty objectively bad.
Bryanisbest
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

When. Did. Conner. Actually. Get. Hurt.

What is happening

Was C W ever really hurt?
HoustonAggie427
He's faking it. Didn't look like he was hurt at all during the game
vander54
S
HoustonAggie427 said:

Tinfoil hats are not just for politics anymore
World's worst proofreader
cheeky
AG
I don't know when the injury occurred, but I was told the Monday following the ND game that CW was out of practice for a shoulder issue. However, I've also been told that he has been medically cleared for the past two games and did not suit out. I think it's a combination of not being 100%, Reed winning games and now that his season is in jeopardy of falling down the depth chart, he went full speed this week in practice. IMHO he's trying to earn a start on Saturday. Either way I don't think he returns next season as the rumor is going around that he doesn't like Klein's offense.
AggieDub04
AG
The injury occurred just before the TD at the 12:35 mark of the 4th quarter.
aggiefan09
AG
harge57 said:

I agree our ceiling is higher with a healthy CW. Our offense is still pretty objectively bad.

The passing game is the weakest part of the offense. Aggies are top 15 in rushing for yards/game.
C2 Ag 93
To actually answer OPs question, 4th quarter. I believe it was Florida game, the announcers said coaching staff mentioned it was 4th quarter.
AceAggie05
AG
HoustonAggie427 said:

The fact that people think we wouldn't even suit up a QB in the event that our current stater gets hurt (he's a bit undersized also), baffles me. There's no conspiracy here…..
The Porkchop Express
AG
When the magician pulled the Queen out of his shoe.
cevans_40
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

A 100 yard, 0 TD 2 INT performance can do that to a fanbase full of people who have never played a down of football in their lives and have no clue what they are talking about.
FIFY
halfastros81
AG
3-0 as the starter with zero turnovers . I think you ride with Reed as long as he's healthy and productive. If he's struggling then I'd have no issue with pulling him in favor of Weigman tho.
infinity ag
halfastros81 said:

3-0 as the starter with zero turnovers . I think you ride with Reed as long as he's healthy and productive. If he's struggling then I'd have no issue with pulling him in favor of Weigman tho.

Yes that is what will happen.
Reed is in until he screws up or gets hurt.
The Lost
aggiefan09 said:

harge57 said:

The passing game is the weakest part of the offense. Aggies are top 15 in rushing for yards/game.
Which means nothing when you look at how we've rushed vs the two teams with a pulse we've played
MaroonStain
AG
Weigman did not play in FLA game.
Farmer_J
C2 Ag 93 said:

To actually answer OPs question, 4th quarter. I believe it was Florida game, the announcers said coaching staff mentioned it was 4th quarter.

That was the story but he was definitely not himself from the start. I think he had shoulder issues going in. His footwork probably was due to not wanting to get hit.

Too bad he wasn't pulled in 4Q. Reed goes in and we're 5-0
Gunny456
AG
I thought they said he was puking because he got hit in the stomach?
BUCKS15
Commentator in the last game said Weigman actually got hurt in the ND GAME. I guess no one caught that. It was right at the start of the game before the offense took the field as I recall. He was giving a rundown of how Reed became the starting QB.
MaroonStain
AG
They are tone deaf. Full on convinced Weigman played in FLA game then went to Arby's. I mean who eats at Arby's.
Bill Superman
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

I never bought the idea he injured it during the ND game
It doesn't fit your narrative so why would you.
knoxtom
I have absolutely no inside knowledge. That being said I don't think we will ever see Weigman take a meaningful snap for A&M again.

And that is not a bad thing. Whether he is "protecting" himself or is simply bad luck injury prone, he can't be trusted to be there when needed for any length of time.

Last thing... I have never seen anything from Weigman that says to me he is special in any way as a QB. OK arm strength, panicky in the pocket, doesn't run much, mediocre accuracy. He needs to go back to baseball
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
played like the worse qb'd game anyone has ever seen. there's no way he was just that bad out of the blue.
aeon-ag
He has a history of being delicate.
Sparkie
AG
C2 Ag 93 said:

This is why I love the texags
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.