Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Qb1 for rest of season per elko.

9,171 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by aggies4life
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Likely to be a game time decision for rest of season!

Logos Stick
Seriously?
HeyAbbott
AG
Keep our opponents guessing each week
GCP12
AG
I think he would say, "Conner will start when healthy" if that was the case. I think this means Reed is QB going forward, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.
hunter2012
AG
can we maim the OP? surely it's justifiable...
Sterling82
Good luck with that.
Fatboy Thaddeus
Aggie Dad 26
aggies4life said:

Literally no one believes that
aggies4life
AG
Why? How about we start with you
Kraft Punk
Edit- my bad I thought this was a joke attempt

Lmao he actually said that
aggies4life
AG
rsf0626
I would honestly rather him just declare a qb1 and not play this game every week
rsf0626
Artorias
AG
Why? If Weigman's health is questionable for the rest of the season, then you have to go with next man up. This "mystery" every week surrounding who is starting will be a detriment as the season goes on. Disappointing.
aggies4life
AG
W
AG
aggies4life said:

throwback to the wishbone days under Emory

never knew who would start because all the QB's were injured to some degree
Ag Tag
Excellent!
Bill Superman
AG
aggies4life said:

Sounds like the QB competition is back open and it's going to have to be decided from live game play. Not to mention this surely doesn't help the opposition in game planning for us.
NoahAg
Really strange, indecisive approach by Elko. Hopefully it doesn't become a Kyle/Kyler situation.
Aggie Dad 26
NoahAg said:

Really strange, indecisive approach by Elko. Hopefully it doesn't become a Kyle/Kyler situation.

He's a brilliant man that may very well be screwing up something very simple.
ccolley68
AG
I have to think that what he is saying in the QB room is different than in the press conference. If nothing else, just for coach to coach gamesmanship.
ahpetty33
AG
Or they have the real discussions internally, and everyone who needs to know, knows. A nagging shoulder injury on a qb is enough of a smokescreen to justify keeping the opponent guessing and having to prepare for either week to week. He doesn't owe texags an answer on who the starting qb is. Would you rather him tell you today who our starting QB will be against Mizzou so you can sleep well, or would you rather Mizzou waste a few hours of their game-week having to practice for a dual threat QB?
SirDeofWood
AG
To me this says Marcel is the guy. He had an opportunity to say "Conner is our QB and he will be our starter when he is healthy." But he didn't say that. He has to be tactful with what he says. This is truly an open competition and he will go with the best choice for the game going forward.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think Marcel Reed has earned the starting job, but Mike Elko said the quarterback position will "likely be a game-time decision for the rest of the season" to keep our opponents guessing.
LB12Diamond
AG
Key word in that quote.

"Likely"

Meaning might happen, might not.

Elko working on his inner Jimbo when answering who would call plays.
12thMan9
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

NoahAg said:

Or just maybe internet posters are stupid & clueless.

I'm gonna go w/the latter.
Ronnie '88
Ag1188
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

NoahAg said:

By not deciding in week 4 which QB he would rather transfer out?
LB12Diamond
AG
NoahAg said:

After reading that quote, this was the first thing I thought of.

Can lightning strike twice?

Edit:

I just saw his other quote from tonight that they knew pretty much on Thursday Reed was going to start.

Said that after the game on Saturday the coaches actually knew much earlier. Klein could set up his game plan, etc on Thursday. So all this game time decision making is just smoke and mirrors.
EliteZags
AG
complete disregard for the college fantasy football community
The Lost
ahpetty33 said:

Or they have the real discussions internally, and everyone who needs to know, knows. A nagging shoulder injury on a qb is enough of a smokescreen to justify keeping the opponent guessing and having to prepare for either week to week. He doesn't owe texags an answer on who the starting qb is. Would you rather him tell you today who our starting QB will be against Mizzou so you can sleep well, or would you rather Mizzou waste a few hours of their game-week having to practice for a dual threat QB?

Reed would be their 3rd arguably 4th straight qb who can ran. They aren't losing sleep.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
These 2 QBs have different skills and it might make sense to start whoever makes the most sense each week. The advantage is that both can play in the same game if necessary without guys transferring. The QB position never did work right under Jimbo once Mond graduated.

A system where one guy struggles and you bring in the other guy would have worked vs ND and we would be undefeated and ranked #2….lol.
EliteZags
AG
this dude might have eligibility left

https://instagr.am/p/C9QohsFAuzZ
1991sir
Well it's better than the way Jimbo handled it.. if the qb didn't get hurt he would ride him all the way down. All he is saying, is the best guy will play. That's what we have been wanting from our coaches!
LuoJi
This is a straight up lie.
Aggie Dad 26
Ag1188 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

NoahAg said:

By not deciding in week 4 which QB he would rather transfer out?

Yes.

1 quarterback has been injured 3 years straight. The other has snapped a SEC road loss streak

It isn't exactly rocket science
northeastag
AG
We SHOULD have an opportunity to play both QB this week against Bowling Green. If the two of them are healthy, then the staff will have another data-point to consider for the next game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.