Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Qb1 for rest of season per elko.

9,166 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by aggies4life
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I care far, far less about what someone says. I care about what they do.
Divining Rod
different take for me, and brilliant move by Elko/ and HONEST as has been reported he lets players know where they stand.

He's honestly saying he has two QBs (or THREE!) that are great prospects and he is not going to limit himself.

He will go with the one he believes is best prepared to lead the team that week.

It's HONEST! It's FAIR! and it's BRILLUANT in its simplicity.

The team are big boys- they can handle it.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Connor is QB2 and hopefully will remain so, after that egregious abomination against ND. Then the next week NIU's QB has a solid game and NIU beats ND in their backyard. Proving ND was a very winnable game. Sorry but he had a full year to prepare for the big stage and failed miserably.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Ag1188 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

NoahAg said:

Really strange, indecisive approach by Elko. Hopefully it doesn't become a Kyle/Kyler situation.

He's a brilliant man that may very well be screwing up something very simple.
By not deciding in week 4 which QB he would rather transfer out?

Yes.

1 quarterback has been injured 3 years straight. The other has snapped a SEC road loss streak

It isn't exactly rocket science

What injury did Conner have his freshman year?
He missed the Florida game with the flu. That's it.

You can stop your false narrative.
Kozmozag
Going to create a kyler/kyle problem, both qbs unhappy and hit the portal.
cevans_40
AG
The Reed supporters are a little unhinged.
jt16
AG
Kozmozag said:

Going to create a kyler/kyle problem, both qbs unhappy and hit the portal.

No he's not. A blind man can see what's going on. Conner is injured (slightly) and could probably go if he were the clear #1. But he's not, and now MR is the #1, and will play and become that if he can prove it. He hasn't proven it yet. Elko isn't going to throw Weigman under the bus or anoint MR.
Haleyscomet50
Sounds like we will use a 2 qb system moving forward. I trust Elko to handle this correctly. Two series each to start the Game and play the hot hand.
Randy Rhodes
I love how so many in the zoo overreact
dcg4403
AG
Clear as day, Reed is the starter for BG game.

So if you read the tea leaves, we know this much, Reed is our starter for Bowling Green.

No suprise here as it gives the staff an opportunity for more game tape to support a decision to flip Reed to QB1 and hopefully not upset Weigman entirely.

What a lot of folks do not understand:
1) This is a very sensitive situation for Elko's staff. They ideally want to keep both kids hungry, engaged, and ready to play in a moment.
2) I have it on good notice that Weigman is dealing with additional challenges not related to his shoulder injury. Staff is aware and keeping it as internal knowledge only to a select few. I will not go into the details out of respect for our program and Conner himself.

So this is a bit more complicated than what the media is seeing or responding to. Even Liucci may not be aware of the additional issues as pretty tight vested within his major NIL deal. Weigman can absolutely come back full force from all of this. Thing is, Reed blew up against Florida and hopefully after BG, cements himself as QB1 while Conner continues to get healthy.

For those of you, who think my insight information is snake oil?

Why do you think Elko is stating QB1 is a game time decision all season? This is a statement directly to Weigman being supportive to him and his situation throughout the entire season.
LuoJi
You don't have inside info. Everyone knows weig is a pothead and it's nothing new. Players have been smoking for decades. He may also be a head case - some people just crumble under pressure.

Weigman simply is not that good. Oh well.
WC94
AG
Sounds like he has some mental hurdles to over come. He should delete his social media and go fishing.
NeverSeenEmWin
NoahAg said:

Really strange, indecisive approach by Elko. Hopefully it doesn't become a Kyle/Kyler situation.

If you had read the thread, he is having internal decisions and wants to keep them internal. The school hired Elko because he is outwardly quiet and works hard.

We should be okay with this management style, it's preferable to Jimbo's style of shooting his mouth off with the media and then half-assing all week.

Go back and ask yourself if not broadcasting his thoughts is really "indecisive."

TX_Aggie37
AG
Here's a hint, nothing that is said publicly by the coaching staff about our QB situation has any real meaning whatsoever unless it is "____________ is our starting QB". Otherwise it's all just BS.

My gut says Reed starts against BG and if he performs well then it'll be him going forward. I said after the ND game that Klein's system isn't a fit for Weigman and he will likely transfer after the season. I still suspect that to be the case.
DFCURT
I'm not saying the door is shut on Weigman, but that makes it clear to me Weigman is now QB2 and will have to out perform Reed if given the opportunity.

This is the way it should be. I envisioned Weigman being the guy, but play the guy getting it done, whoever that is.
Divining Rod
TX_Aggie37 said:

.... I said after the ND game that Klein's system isn't a fit for Weigman and he will likely transfer after the season. I still suspect that to be the case.

if that's true then it goes double for our young freshman, Miles..
The Collective
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

This is the way.
Mike Elkos Burner
This only makes it harder to game plan against if you're an opposing defense. Conner and Marcel play 2 completely different games and defenses would have to make adjustments on the fly mid game if they planned for 1 QB and not the other. I like this move by Elko. Announcing a starter has no benefit to this football team.
Logos Stick
NeverSeenEmWin said:

NoahAg said:

Go back and ask yourself if not broadcasting his thoughts is really "indecisive."

He did broadcast his thoughts. He said it would be a game time decision.
Aggie Dad 26
Emilio Fantastico said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Ag1188 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

NoahAg said:

He's a brilliant man that may very well be screwing up something very simple.
By not deciding in week 4 which QB he would rather transfer out?

Yes.

1 quarterback has been injured 3 years straight. The other has snapped a SEC road loss streak

It isn't exactly rocket science

What injury did Conner have his freshman year?
He missed the Florida game with the flu. That's it.

You can stop your false narrative.

Then it's an honest mistake on my part. I know he was injured last year. I must be thinking of someone else? King?
Sorry you're butt hurt?
OMB100GAS
AG
Sit conner this week, make sure he is 100% before Arky

I think the only way Conner plays this week is if there is a legit QB controversy - which I think is not the case. the controversy is amongst us fans. Conner plays this week only if it is necessary for him to earn/remain QB1

I agree the 'both' QB mind games are afoot... but I don't see a reason to play CW this week. Let him get to 100% and then use those mind games on Arky, hell even name Conner the starter with full intention to play both!!
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

He's a brilliant man .......

You lost me at "brilliant man"...........

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Aggie_Nuke
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

The QB position never did work right under Jimbo once Mond graduated.
As if it did work right with Mond ? You've got to stop smoking those funny little cigarettes...........

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
NeverSeenEmWin
Logos Stick said:

NeverSeenEmWin said:

NoahAg said:

He did broadcast his thoughts. He said it would be a game time decision.

Yes. And the above poster said that was indecisive. I maintain that it's smart. We just haven't seen that kind of approach in a while.

Elko is a good coach, especially for our program right now. I doubt he ever wins a championship or SEC title, but I would bet actual money he leaves the program better than he found it and has some success here.
BraxtonW
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Connor is QB2 and hopefully will remain so, after that egregious abomination against ND. Then the next week NIU's QB has a solid game and NIU beats ND in their backyard. Proving ND was a very winnable game. Sorry but he had a full year to prepare for the big stage and failed miserably.
if Marcell has a bad game against let's say arky are you saying we move on to Henderson?
BraxtonW
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

this

If Conner is better than Reed Conner will start. If Reed is better than Conner Reed will start. The coaches know more than us lol
TecRecAg
AG
His way of saying F off quit asking
Aggie Dad 26
BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

if Marcell has a bad game against let's say arky are you saying we move on to Henderson?

Nope. Give him the reps
Aggie Dad 26
Aggie_Nuke said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

He's a brilliant man .......

You lost me at "brilliant man"...........

Do you know his background with education? Are you familiar with his level of success as a DC?

I use brilliant when describing him.
Aggie Dad 26
Aggie_Nuke said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

The QB position never did work right under Jimbo once Mond graduated.
As if it did work right with Mond ? You've got to stop smoking those funny little cigarettes...........

I guess you completely forgot the 1 loss season and Orange bowl win. I'd say Jimbo had the QB thingy figured out that season
BraxtonW
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Nope. Give him the reps
so Conner has a bad game, remove him. Marcel has a bad game, give him more reps?

Make it make sense my guy
Bill Superman
AG
BraxtonW said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Nope. Give him the reps
so Conner has a bad game, remove him. Marcel has a bad game, give him more reps?

You come to the zoo for sense to be made?
BraxtonW
AG
Bill Superman said:

BraxtonW said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Nope. Give him the reps

no but this is even worse then normal .
Aggie Dad 26
BraxtonW said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Nope. Give him the reps

Oh, you're going to ignore all of CW's time at QB? How convenient. As if ND was the only time he didn't look the part

He's had plenty or opportunity
Aggie Dad 26
Bill Superman said:

BraxtonW said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Nope. Give him the reps

You realize who you're talking to right? He's on a very short list of members here who are still riding the CW hype train. I'm convinced he's a close friend or is related to him
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.