Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Florida Game line is surprising

11,491 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by 87_Was_Long_Ago
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't assume anything with our offense. We looked good against a FCS team. Let's see how we look against a struggling SEC school
20ag07
This is a classic "anything that happens would make sense".

I've seen our offense, I'm not ready to buy yet.

Florida's got some players, but you can absolutely them totally giving up on that coaching staff if early drives go wrong.

I don't much believe in home field advantage, but the whole Swamp is looking for the first reason to turn on Napier. We know. We've been there before. And for Florida, we are exactly the type of opponent where that happens.
The Porkchop Express
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Young coworker has not learned his lesson, never bet on A&M games, think he has lost the past 5 games
When I was 22 I happened to be in Las Vegas for work and bet on A&M +9 1/2 vs the sips.
We lost 51-15.

Never again.
KCup17
AG
This game makes or breaks the season.
2thFixinAg
P.U.T.U said:

Young coworker has not learned his lesson, never bet on A&M games, think he has lost the past 5 games
Never bet on games where you are emotionally invested in one of the teams. Leads to poor decisions.
Muy
AG
300 yards against McNeese State with our talent is actually very pedestrian.
tk for tu juan

GoodAg Paulie
AG
Muy said:

300 yards against McNeese State with our talent is actually very pedestrian.

Not when you rush for 300+ yards also. Rushing was the game focus, especially after CW drove them to 5 straight TDs to put the game away before half.
DFCURT
Couple things.

1. Tarleton kicked the crap out of McNeese.
2. See Notre Dame.
AgLA06
AG
DFCURT said:

Couple things.

1. Tarleton kicked the crap out of McNeese.
2. See Notre Dame.
1. See Miami
2. See Samford
Ugly
AG
AgLA06 said:

Buck Turgidson said:

We're a mediocre team going on the road to a hostile SEC stadium. I'm surprised we are favored at all, even if Florida is struggling. This gave is very losable.

Now do Florida and tell me how hostile that less than capacity stadium is going to be.
Honestly? If we go in there and get down by a few points, or keep it relatively close, its going to be pretty dang hostile. If we go up by two score in the first quarter, whatever fans stick around will probably be rooting for us by the end.
LMCane
Ag1188 said:

rootube said:

If you understand Miami is way better than ND it will make more sense. I'm more surprised UF is not favored at home.
Miami is "way better" primarily because the Miami QB is elite and accurate. That's why he was so expensive.
Miami has a better defense and offense than the Aggies.

how do I know?

because a weaker Miami team beat down the Ags in Miami last year

and Miami has gotten MUCH better across their entire team in the last year.

can A&M say the same?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
ccolley68 said:

The faster people stop thinking what Weigman did was struggle against ND and call it what it was, an absolute abomination, the better off we will be. If he had put up the numbers he did against McNeese St in the ND game, we would have been concerned about the offense. Only, he did way worse than that. Then followed it up by putting up those pedestrian numbers against a terrible McNeese team. But because they were better than the ND game, it makes everyone feel like he's doing better. If what we've gotten the first two weeks is what we get all year from a 3rd year starter, we won't win more than 2 more games. This is a bad team right now. Hopefully drastic improvement is soon.
This post is so full of crap it is just pathetic.

First, I think most people agree that Weigman was awful against ND. If he had just "struggled" a little, we win the game. If he had played ok, we win by two scores.

If he had put up the numbers he did against McNeese (11-14, 2 TDs in less than a half), we would be overjoyed with the offense (not concerned). Don't tell me your smooth brain can only focus on the 120 yards over the course of 5 drives that were heavily slanted towards running the ball.

Finally, calling him a 3 year starter is laughable. He has finally started a total number of games equal to one season. It's not like he has 20+ starts under his belt.

Does he need to play better? Of course. But to act like this team won't be able to win any games is just typical zoo doom and gloom.

GigEmReggie
It's a conspiracy.
Gilligan
AG
Hello!!

A&M is not a good football team. Watch them play. Hopefully, they improve as the season progresses, but they're not good right now.
EliteZags
AG
implied >1TD favorite on neutral field

early wk 3 lines for comparison:

Chiefs -4.5 @ Falcons

Lions -4.5 @ Cardinals

Texans -4.5 @ SamDarnold

Niners -4.5 @ Rams

and road games are tougher at college level
20ag07
People always seem to forget how lines work. It's not about predicting outcomes. It's about coaxing bettors.

The line is down to -3.5.

Which means (correctly) most people saw the -4.5 too high and were taking the Florida cover.

I can't see it moving down to -2.5, or money will flood in on the Ags.
fightintxaggie10
AG
DJ Lagway is going start, have a coming out party, Conner is going to look flat again, Ags lose.

[/raptor]
Kozmozag
Agree, can't beat anybody on the road.
dcg4403
AG
ccolley68 said:

The faster people stop thinking what Weigman did was struggle against ND and call it what it was, an absolute abomination, the better off we will be. If he had put up the numbers he did against McNeese St in the ND game, we would have been concerned about the offense. Only, he did way worse than that. Then followed it up by putting up those pedestrian numbers against a terrible McNeese team. But because they were better than the ND game, it makes everyone feel like he's doing better. If what we've gotten the first two weeks is what we get all year from a 3rd year starter, we won't win more than 2 more games. This is a bad team right now. Hopefully drastic improvement is soon.

Ahhhh...another overly emotional Aggie fan! More and more of these every year.

I am gonna laugh when this team is considered one of the better teams in the SEC by mid-season.

We certainly do not look perfect and ND game was disappointing but if halve the fan base wakes up, they will realize the MANY teams are struggling and sub-performing. Welcome to the wonderful world of NIL!

Days are gone of single dominate teams. Elko will be just fine. Problem is, fans are delusional to think we go from Jimbo immediately to a playoff team with a 1st year staff. Now that.....is INSANITY if you ask me.
JOHN2010
AG
If anything, the line is too high.

We are garbage
levypantsEOY
BillYeoman said:

Every team has sunshine pumpers

While this is true, I do not believe there is another fan base in America that pumps like the Aggie faithful. Maybe it's because recruiting has been so strong or the fact it's the biggest school in the state, but every single day you can come on here and need SPF 1000 to read predictions. And then after every loss it's the 'if only" or the "just wait until" game. One could argue that the unwavering optimism and loyalty to the program has seemed to hurt its chances of real success, but it's the DNA of our fanbase.

The only comparison might be with Dallas Cowboys fans, but even those dolts seem to have come to terms with the fact that they won't win anything of consequence with the current leadership at the helm.

Still, I am here for it.

Ags 22 Gators 16
LMCane
Sparkie said:

ccolley68 said:

PFF graded his performance the best in div5 last week. But, don't let a bunch of guys who watch a ton of film get in the way of your story.
please...

you can't seriously claim that Weigman playing against McNeese state

was more impressive than Quinn Ewers decimating Michigan in front of 105,000 Wolverine fans!
beerad12man
AG
ccolley68 said:

He was literally the number one rated qb on pff last week. And many other qbs played terrible teams, too.
beerad12man
AG
LMCane said:

Sparkie said:

ccolley68 said:

PFF graded his performance the best in div5 last week. But, don't let a bunch of guys who watch a ton of film get in the way of your story.
please...

you can't seriously claim that Weigman playing against McNeese state

was more impressive than Quinn Ewers decimating Michigan in front of 105,000 Wolverine fans!

No one is necessarily saying that, but it doesn't take away from the absolute hyperbole of the post he quoted. Talking about winning two more games. Pedestrian numbers even though a per play basis would drastically say otherwise, etc.

Why some can't avoid going to the extreme, either positive or negative, is beyond me. The truth is almost always in between
TexasAggie_97
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

ccolley68 said:

Then followed it up by putting up those pedestrian numbers against a terrible McNeese team.

Pedestrian numbers? He came out before the end of the 2nd qtr. Extrapolate out his numbers over 4 qtrs and he is sitting at 300 yrs, 4 TDs and 70% accuracy. Considering we ran the ball at will and did not rely on the pass....those would not be pedestrian #s. He moved the offense to 5 straight TD drives......hard to improve on that.

Means nothing against a junior high team. Where were those numbers against ND?
Divining Rod
i will be pleasantly surprised if we win.
C_Raz98
AG
Can't count on aggies to cover and you can't count on the cowboys either
BMX Bandit
C_Raz98 said:

Can't count on aggies to cover and you can't count on the cowboys either

Cowboys are 35-21 the number since 2021
C_Raz98
AG
I stand corrected
gigemrangers
AG
I think that line is based on DJ Lagway playing quarterback most of the game. In that case Id agree with it. If they are stupid enough to put Mertz in (and they are) then it will lean in our favor.
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
2thFixinAg said:

P.U.T.U said:

Never bet on games where you are emotionally invested in one of the teams. Leads to poor decisions.

I agree, though I'm cashing on the horns even though I hate them and root for a meteor strike and/or monkey flu outbreak.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.