Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field…

17,605 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by classof92
HoopsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just not as tough as a place to play as it used to be…
Drshovelhead
It is for us
JimbloFisher
AG
Team sucks, coaches suck, who cares how loud it is?
GigEm04
AG
DJ and rap music. How has that worked out since starting
zafzo
GigEm04 said:

Need a swag copter.
W
AG
Elko is poised to have a rough first year at home
Muy
AG
This offense took our crowd's energy and crapped on it until it begged for mercy.
SouthLlano
AG
The crowd was rocking tonight. I thought the atmosphere was great. Sad our offense couldn't live up to the hype.

I was there with three first time visitors. They all commented on how loud it was. One said this was hands down better than Austin. He had never seen or heard anything like it.
South Llano
hindsight
Did we win half time?
cs69ag
AG
Don' t think the crowd noise or the heat and humidity affected ND all that much.
They looked like the freshe and betterr team in the 4th qtr.
crowman2010
AG
Gee wonder why that was...
Owner - Mosquito and Pest Authority | www.bugsbite.com
DGrimesAg92
It's so tough, even our team can't win in it.
Kozmozag
Elmo will be doing good to get to 6-6, our slide to the bottom of the sec will continue. Big cigars better get the next coach right, or we are going to be wandering in the wilderness for years.
FTAG 2000
AG
cs69ag said:

Don' t think the crowd noise or the heat and humidity affected ND all that much.
They looked like the freshe and betterr team in the 4th qtr.

Easy to do when you're playing a quarterback who can only throw it to your secondary when he goes downfield.
Cibalo
This was my first game at Kyle in about 5 years. The control they have given the DJ from then to now is unbelievable (in a bad way). Never a chance for the band to get more that a few notes in and the yell leaders get 3 yells it seems.

It's gone from a very unique atmosphere built by tradition to a generic commercial production.
The Marksman
AG
Of all the stupid meltdown crybaby bleeder threads, this one takes the case for most ludicrous. There were 107000 people in Kyle last night and the place was rocking. The 12th Man will never be the reason we lose.
TMF
AG
When the team sucks not much else the fans can do.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
TMF said:

When the team sucks not much else the fans can do.

Yep.

Put those 2 teams on a neutral field and it's probably not even a game going into the 4th quarter. At some point you have to have the team to win the game, regardless of what the crowd does.
DSAG
SouthLlano said:

The crowd was rocking tonight. I thought the atmosphere was great. Sad our offense couldn't live up to the hype.

I was there with three first time visitors. They all commented on how loud it was. One said this was hands down better than Austin. He had never seen or heard anything like it.
So the crowd was loud as usual .
How pathetic that is all we have to brag about .
I'll have to cut Elko a little slack since he is just getting started but C.W.'s performance was awful .
Redaggie250
Are we realllyyyy blaming it on rap music ??
Redaggie250
Hmmmm what's more intimidating music that pumps up the student section (the only crowd that actually cheers)to get them yelling loud and excited or making the old crowd happy by letting the band play and doing stupid yells that they make fun of us for. The entire reason Kyle field is loud is because of the student section and how loud they are. Everyone else sits down and doesn't do anything. Think before you talk
Reno Hightower
Everything surrounding the program is great. The program itself? Is not great. .
Ags2013
AG
So do you want George Strait playing on 3rd and long?

It was absolutely ROCKING when they played Mo Bamba
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Kyle field was rockin! The problem isn't the stadium. It's the continually stupid decision making by the athletic administration.
Cibalo
Bless your heart.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Pack 107,000 in to watch a guy take a dump in a 127 degree chemical toilet.
Aggie Dad 26
GigEm04 said:

Clearly the reason we lost
AgDad1
It was apparent at the beginning of Q3 that ND was confident our offense couldn't hurt them. As evidenced by them going twice in the same drive on 4th down in what we all consider poor field position. They were right.
fulshearAg96
AG
HoopsAg said:

Your blaming Kyle Field for that sht show of an offense???
fulshearAg96
AG
I will say those 3 minute TV time outs are an absolute killer
Krazykat
AG
Last night had nothing to do with Kyle Field. It had everything to do with the level of play on the field.

Freaking loud last night. Music vastly improved from the crap last year. It created a more electric atmosphere.
AggieMD95
AG
This again?

I thought the dj was outta control last yr. But this game seemed to have better balance w band n yells. I was proud of the 12thman. Gave ND some trouble but they handled it well.

We lost bc notre dame didn't allow a sack or turnover. And held us to zero explosive plays on our off or special teams. Then executed a crushing 4th qtr drive w the game on the line.

We have probs but not sure I'd start w this one. Dumb thread
The Banned
Muy said:

This offense took our crowd's energy and crapped on it until it begged for mercy.

The crowd didn't make CW air mail a pass to the ND safety in what could have been a huge pickup before the half.
H-town ag
AG
I'm over 50 and the DJ was the only one that got an A+ last night. Dude worked hard in the offseason and it showed.
BraxtonW
AG
Listen, Kyle field caters to students, and players when it comes to atmosphere, music and such. Everyone else's opinions really do not matter because realistically the student section makes up 95 percent of the noise, and the players are the ones bringing the entertainment. Yells and the band do not get this generation of crowd into it, sorry it's the hard truth. Last night when we played Mo bamba, it was one of the loudest times I've seen it at least in the student section and I went to 2011 Texas, 2010 Nebraska.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.