Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field…

17,754 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by classof92
BraxtonW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cibalo said:

Bless your heart.
he's not wrong
Roman Empire
AG
Kyle rarely impacts the outcome of a game. Maybe the occasional play, but overall, it's not a tough place for road teams to win.
Roman Empire
AG
Redaggie250 said:

Are we realllyyyy blaming it on rap music ??

Olds gonna old.
chicknfingrboi
AG
If our offense is gonna be bottom tier I at least wanna lose my mind to Mo Bamba with 100,000+ others.

Don't you go taking that joy away old heads.
Drshovelhead
Roman Empire said:

Kyle rarely impacts the outcome of a game. Maybe the occasional play, but overall, it's not a tough place for road teams to win.
I have seen it disrupt many un prepared teams for the level of noise, even though most of that was years ago. ND seemed prepared for the crowd noise. I have gotten so used to mediocre noise level, my ears are still ringing.
Ag1188
AG
GigEm04 said:

DJ and rap music. How has that worked out since starting
on what planet did we not suck before all that too? Lol
phatty26
Roman Empire said:

Redaggie250 said:

Olds gonna old.

I'm old and understand that's how it is these days.

I guess the guy above just wants more yells and old corps music. That will get the recruits in here.
LatinAggie1997
AG
The Marksman said:

Of all the stupid meltdown crybaby bleeder threads, this one takes the case for most ludicrous. There were 107000 people in Kyle last night and the place was rocking. The 12th Man will never be the reason we lose.

You must not have been at Nebraska, OU, or last tu game, less in attendance and older stadium yet was considerably louder.
texag101
It wasn't that loud last night and ND seemed totally unaffected by it. Sorry to burst the bubble of those here who think we're special or different. We have a nice stadium, but there are probably 15 others across the country that at least compare.
Artorias
AG
Is there something about the design of Kyle that doesn't amplify sound? Been to other stadiums that definitely seem louder
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Bring back the traditional FTAB Aggie War Hymm Walk-in Intro.

Once we went away from it, our performance went down hill.

The 12th Man can only do so much!
DL76
AG
Same old tired songs from the past.
DL76
TheUndergroundBurrito
To be fair Mo Bamba lit up the stadium..
Juan Solo
AG
It's being old, you lost your hearing through the years, sorry about that
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Question for those in attendance: How many yells were actually done last night? On TV I think I heard Beat the hell once or twice and that was it.
BraxtonW
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Question for those in attendance: How many yells were actually done last night? On TV I think I heard Beat the hell once or twice and that was it.
15 plus
Urban Country Boy
AG
HoopsAg said:

Just not as tough as a place to play as it used to be…
When was "used to be"? I go back a while. Just trying to understand your time. I was there when we had the longest home winning streak in the country. That would be a tough place to play.
zephyr88
AG
Ags2013 said:

So do you want George Strait playing on 3rd and long?

It was absolutely ROCKING when they played Mo Bamba
Damn, the admin was all woke and up in arms about Power and they don't have a problem with Mo Bamba? LOL
Leonard H. Stringfield
Our team entrance song has about as much power as a Saturday morning cereal ad tune. It goes downhill from that point IMO.

trying to fix that..
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Redaggie250 said:

Like Curt Hennig said in WCW, Rap is Crap.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
jess09
AC/DC hwy to hell should NEVER EVER be played again! I still can't believe they play that TOTAL CRAP song at a football game!!!
zephyr88
AG
Went back to the seasons I was at A&M and the Ags home record.

I saw some pretty good football those 6 seasons. We were 32-4-1 in Kyle.

1984 5-2
1985 6-0
1986 6-0
1987 5-1
1988 5-1
1990 5-0-1
Aggie_Jeff
The did beat the hell all night. Seems to be only 4 per usual.

Beat the Hell
Aggies
Farmers Fight
Locomotive

I'd like to hear military again.
Trajan88
AG
Re:

1984 5-2
1985 6-0
1986 6-0
1987 5-1
1988 5-1
1990 5-0-1

Yep, that was an epic run.

Kyle Field had what ~32,000 less capacity (?) and it left a mark on opponents that I am sure they still remember.
aggiedad7
SouthLlano said:

The crowd was rocking tonight. I thought the atmosphere was great. Sad our offense couldn't live up to the hype.

I was there with three first time visitors. They all commented on how loud it was. One said this was hands down better than Austin. He had never seen or heard anything like it.
12th man (penalties on them) were the only reason it was close. Fans did make a difference. Just not enough.
Leonard H. Stringfield
jess09 said:

AC/DC hwy to hell should NEVER EVER be played again! I still can't believe they play that TOTAL CRAP song at a football game!!!
Nah...that's a group from AU. Need some real TX talent...

Cowboys from Hell-Pantera Dallas area group

No racial slurs; no profanity from a quick perusal of the lyrics. Mulitple wins here...
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Ginormus Ag
AG
There were more yells last night due to the commercial breaks. The thing I noticed and liked was that there were no in stadium commercials.
zephyr88
AG
Trajan88 said:

Re:

1984 5-2
1985 6-0
1986 6-0
1987 5-1
1988 5-1
1990 5-0-1

Yep, that was an epic run.

Kyle Field had what ~32,000 less capacity (?) and it left a mark on opponents that I am sure they still remember.
Absolutely.

In the 80's and most of the 90's, the seating capacity was around 70,000.
When we were there, Kyle had 3 decks and the Horseshoe.
Charlie Moran
AG
Couldn't make the game because of illness but even on tv I could see the place was lit even with the absolutely worst QB performance I believe I've ever watched.
Dont blame the DJ
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
annie88
AG
Redaggie250 said:

Hmmmm what's more intimidating music that pumps up the student section (the only crowd that actually cheers)to get them yelling loud and excited or making the old crowd happy by letting the band play and doing stupid yells that they make fun of us for. The entire reason Kyle field is loud is because of the student section and how loud they are. Everyone else sits down and doesn't do anything. Think before you talk

What a bull**** comment.

I've had season tickets for 40 years and we hardly sat down last night. And we're on alumni side first deck about the 45 yard line. And anyway, who says you can't yell sitting down. Everyone around me was up most of the game.

Students are OK, but half of them are on their phones most the time.

Truly, what a garbage statement.
RamblinAggie
Who is this Bamba, and why are people wanting mo of it? Kidding of course.

Look, the atmosphere was terrific Saturday night. No one should complain about lack of atmosphere.

The other debates are generational. Neither is better than the other, just different times and experiences across different eras.

My early gameday years in the 70s and 80s was about the bands (both teams marched at halftime usually at Georgia Tech anyway), no piped in music or ads. And no TV timeouts every five minutes unless you were one of two games on TV all day. Games were over in 2.5 hours.

Athletics in general were different. It was about being a good team and getting the most out of yourself, now it's about "me" and what can I get for "me". No loyalty. Coaches lack loyalty to players and players lack loyalty to the school/coaches. All about "me".

Again, my point isn't that today is bad or wrong. Just that it's different from each view point (young vs older). Younger generation wants and expects the loud music piped in, accepts a "me" generation of athlete, etc.

Would not surprise me in the least if in the coming years marching bands and cheerleaders slowly fade out of many college sports.

The debate between rap/loud music vs the old days has been around on every team's boards for 20+ years now. Nothing new. I accept it as what the players and students want. Sure, I like the way it was, but I get it and if it gets an 18 year old excited, then do it.

The only schools that don't have this debate are the Alabamas, Clemson, Georgias. Ohio States, as they are likely discussing where to put all the trophies.

One thing that has to stop are all the TV timeouts and length, some 3 minutes others 4 minutes. It's awful.

Gig 'em!!
Leonard H. Stringfield
We are weak, lost but not Powerless. For now..

BusDriver89
AG
Amen brother. I was there Nov 85 when Stafford couldn't run a play because he couldn't hear. Finally the ref told him to suck it up and I think I remember a John Roper sack. That was loud, with a horseshoe on one end and open on the other. Only about 77K people did that but they/we were rabid
MisterJones
AG
The only way to settle this is start taking decibel level readings at every game from now on.

That way, 30 years from now when people are still complaining that Kyle Field "ain't what it used to be", at least we will have some data to back it up
aeon-ag
W said:

Elko is poised to have a rough first year at home
Elko is poised to have a rough first year PERIOD!!!!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.