Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field…

17,748 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by classof92
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Banned said:

Muy said:

This offense took our crowd's energy and crapped on it until it begged for mercy.

The crowd didn't make CW air mail a pass to the ND safety in what could have been a huge pickup before the half.

What does that have to do with my point?
TRADUCTOR
No gig'em Aggies! at kickof
No Spirit at end of 1st quarter
No band at time outs
Opposing team cheerleaders running all over Kyle Field
Drinking in a memorial to our veterans

They just keep chipping away

Assuage the pain and bring on the bonanza of buxom cheerleaders!
When The Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro -HST
Sgt. Schultz
AG
The fans are paying the tickets and funding NIL. The university and TMF have invested heavily in the program and it lacks for nothing. At the end of the day, its up to the players and coaches. The results say they are not doing their parts, THE PARTS THAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO !!!
I know NOTHING!!!!
Aggie_Nuke
AG
W said:

Elko is poised to have a rough first year at home
No, he's poised to be fired in 3-4 years..... wash, rinse, repeat.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
AgDotCom
The Marksman said:

Of all the stupid meltdown crybaby bleeder threads, this one takes the case for most ludicrous. There were 107000 people in Kyle last night and the place was rocking. The 12th Man will never be the reason we lose.
So what.

When anyone with half a brain sees most of the Auburn team on the Kyle visitor sideline dancing and jiving to loud rap music they know and like played by our DJ, we know Kyle is NOWHERE close to being what it was. Now we have the opposing team enjoying...... not fearing....the experience.

Geeze people, use your head for something besides a hat rack.
BossAgs
Okay Metallica and country music to hype up and motivate the players
Trajan88
AG
I was at that game... best tickets/seats I ever pulled... 2nd deck, ~ 45 yd. line, 2nd or 3rd row.

I still have the ticket stub and some cotton that was released that night.
Drshovelhead
LatinAggie1997 said:

The Marksman said:

Of all the stupid meltdown crybaby bleeder threads, this one takes the case for most ludicrous. There were 107000 people in Kyle last night and the place was rocking. The 12th Man will never be the reason we lose.

You must not have been at Nebraska, OU, or last tu game, less in attendance and older stadium yet was considerably louder.

I thought this game was going the way of the 9-6 Nebraska game. Dreading it but also excited. Still one of the best images in Kyle Field.
zag213004
AG
I was behind the ND bench and I kept overhearing the ND fans saying during breaks how incredibly loud it was. And it was. When the the team came out and when we made that critical stop on the Northside 40ish I could feel my ears bleeding. They are still ringing to an extent. No doubt the students did their part. The team just has to execute better
GrayMatter
AG
is only as intimidating as how the team is playing on the field.
cmsaggie12
AG
Cibalo said:

This was my first game at Kyle in about 5 years. The control they have given the DJ from then to now is unbelievable (in a bad way). Never a chance for the band to get more that a few notes in and the yell leaders get 3 yells it seems.

It's gone from a very unique atmosphere built by tradition to a generic commercial production.

Hissing instead of booing is not a unique atmosphere. It's stupid and pathetic. It's why people make fun of us. It serves no purpose, players/coaches/officials can't hear it. The sound doesn't carry like a big loud boo does.

Enjoy your traditions. You want to know what else is a tradition at Kyle Field, losing.
The Collective
AG
GigEm04 said:

DJ and rap music. How has that worked out since starting

Well, we didn't have any of that stuff when our program went to **** in the 2000s.
Brother Shamus
cmsaggie12 said:

Cibalo said:

This was my first game at Kyle in about 5 years. The control they have given the DJ from then to now is unbelievable (in a bad way). Never a chance for the band to get more that a few notes in and the yell leaders get 3 yells it seems.

It's gone from a very unique atmosphere built by tradition to a generic commercial production.

Hissing instead of booing is not a unique atmosphere. It's stupid and pathetic. It's why people make fun of us. It serves no purpose, players/coaches/officials can't hear it. The sound doesn't carry like a big loud boo does.

Enjoy your traditions. You want to know what else is a tradition at Kyle Field, losing.

Look another person more worried about other people. lol.
aglaes
AG
cmsaggie12 said:

Cibalo said:

Not sure why you chose the "horse laugh". Poster never mentioned that. A lot of us think that is stupid, but I do think the DJ music is way over done. Do they have to play music between EVERY SINGLE PLAY? I can see it when there are longer breaks, TV timeouts and such.

Let the crowd make the noise, not the DJ.
oh no
AG
damn. it's almost like the 12th man, standing there, ready to go in if coach needs them, isn't actually out there on the field making tackles or catching the football.

the atmosphere at night is incredible @ Kyle. what is home field worth in points typically to oddsmakers? 1.5 points? Maybe Kyle at night is worth 2 points?

...but the crowd and the band and the DJ don't condition and prepare all offseason, they don't install the system and practice the fundamentals into muscle memory, they don't game plan and prep all week, they don't call the plays, and they don't do the blocking & tackling on game day.
Greener Acres
AG
Took my kids to their first Aggie football game this weekend. We sat in the zone right next to the students. I agree that the DJ work is overdone. But I'll also say the students were doing their part. Tons of yelling and from our angle we could see a sea of white towels waving throughout the game. Definitely some were using their phones at times but they were yelling when we were on defense, doing the yells, and flirting with the opposite sex.

It's a different experience from my time and I don't like it all, but the 12th man didn't lose this game.
TRADUCTOR
Trajan88 said:

I was at that game... best tickets/seats I ever pulled... 2nd deck, ~ 45 yd. line, 2nd or 3rd row.

I still have the ticket stub and some cotton that was released that night.

Lost hearing that night and with age...so no way Kyle Field will ever be that loud again...for me, lol.
When The Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro -HST
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
A raucous crowd of 107,315 was at the Notre Dame game for the 4th largest Kyle Field attendance and largest for a nonconference game, breaking the previous nonconference game record of 107,245 against Miami on 9/17/22. Because of the home field advantage in a night game, we were 2.5-point home favorites. Notre Dame had 11 penalties for 99 yards, but they outgained us 356 total yards (158 passing and 198 rushing) to 246 total yards (100 passing and 146 rushing) and won the turnover margin 2 to 0.

I hope we win 2 of our 3 SEC home games against Missouri, LSU, and Texas, 3 of 4 true SEC road games, and our annual neutral site game against Arkansas. If we can achieve these goals, we would finish 9-3 and 6-2 in SEC games. Even an 8-4 finish would mean a 5-3 SEC record for just our 4th winning SEC record in 13 years in the conference.

Kevin Sumlin went 8-14 in SEC home games and 9-14 (31-24 overtime win over UCLA in 2016) in Power 4 home games. In contrast, Jimbo Fisher went 16-6 in SEC home games and 17-7 (28-26 loss to Clemson in 2018 and 17-3 win over Miami in 2022) in Power 4 home games. Mike Elko will likely go 2-1 or 1-2 in SEC home games and 2-2 or 1-3 in Power 4 home games this year.

AggieRingWielder
Where every game feels like a celebration, and the energy is as big as Texas itself!
zephyr88
AG
Quote:

No Gig'em Aggies! at kickoff
This is the tradition that I really miss.
warrington
Ignorant people say ignorant things.
I'm guessing that TV watchers are the ones saying this about Kyle Field.
I was around 2 different groups of ND fans.
They were impressed by how loud it was and the spirit of the crowd. Both groups said you dont see this out of other fan bases.
They were not use to seeing alumni sections this involved in a game.
They both were impressed by the stadium
They actually both thought that we were going to beat them.

Im impressed with Kyle field and what we have to offer.
The spirit in that stadium is hands down the best in any football stadium.
There was not a downgrade in the involvement by the fans at any time.
Some people in this world I think are just negative people and make statements like this.

classof92
Great atmosphere but for the love of God, give us some cheerleaders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.