Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Owens - is this legitimate?

31,370 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Randy Rhodes
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
well_endowed_ag
I'm sure it's true. Happens to multiple of our key players every single fall camp, without fail. We can never go into a season with our playmakers healthy and play up to our potential like other good teams. It just never happens.
Outrigger
Source is Sliced Bread, Norman ok.
Ags2013
AG
I saw them talking about it on premium but I'm one star short of seeing it
Aggie Dad 26
well_endowed_ag said:

I'm sure it's true. Happens to multiple of our key players every single fall camp, without fail. We can never go into a season with our playmakers healthy and play up to our potential like other good teams. It just never happens.

While he's a really good RB, it's still a position that's stacked. Notre Dame is out of their starting LT
CoachLB
well_endowed_ag said:

By reading a lot of your posts it is obvious following Aggie football makes you miserable. Texas lost their top back for the season just last week. That's football. I hate it happened but the Aggies have several quality backs. You may be "well endowed" but from your posts I assume you need to grow a pair.
well_endowed_ag
Aggie Dad 26 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

While he's a really good RB, it's still a position that's stacked. Notre Dame is out of their starting LT
He is a singular talent and a player we have to have major contributions from if we're going to make any noise on offense this year. Also, it's not a stacked position. Now we're down to Moss and Daniels as far as players who have ever done anything in real game situations. It was pretty stacked with Owens. It's pretty thin without him.
LB12Diamond
AG
Well endowed can mean so many things. I was going to guess family money endowed but he's seems to miserable for that one.
CoachLB
It's not thin. I wish Owens wasn't hurt but there is a reason the pros do not use 1st round picks on backs. Everybody has several backs who can produce. We picked Smith up in the portal. So maybe Moss and Daniels split more carries. But we are not "thin"
CoachLB
LB12Diamond said:

Well endowed can mean so many things. I was going to guess family money endowed but he's seems to miserable for that one.
it was a play on words.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
It's true
Rule#2
AG
This is a better report than what I was told. I heard out for season.
Mike Elkos Burner
CoachLB said:

It's not thin. I wish Owens wasn't hurt but there is a reason the pros do not use 1st round picks on backs. Everybody has several backs who can produce. We picked Smith up in the portal. So maybe Moss and Daniels split more carries. But we are not "thin"

Getting EJ Smith in the portal might be one of the most important moves from this past off season if Reuben IS hurt.
LB12Diamond
AG
First thing I thought was, Emmitt Smith's boy moving up the depth chart.
vander54
S
It's possible but why is a longhorn "X" account tweeting about it?
World's worst proofreader
Tejas Ag 10
AG
LB12Diamond
AG
vander54 said:

It's possible but why is a longhorn "X" account tweeting about it?

They learned how to spy from Harbaugh.
Leander - Ag
KCup17
AG
Pain… I'm assuming it was a contact injury vs non contact? I guess no one really knows details tho
SBISA Victim
AG
It's true. Just received a notification from ESPN.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
EJ smith step right up. at least from a style of play smith is similar to reuben owens. both catch the ball well out of the backfield good in open space. sucks to lose him thought he was in position for a breakout year. but moss is legit if he can stay healthy and amari daniels is a good back as well. just can't lose anyone else.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Every

Dang

Year

Why can't we have a key guy miss a few weeks here or there it seems like always the season ending injuries. I know it happens to every team for the most part but damn the last few years have been rough.
203Raggie
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

EJ smith step right up. at least from a style of play smith is similar to reuben owens. both catch the ball well out of the backfield good in open space. sucks to lose him thought he was in position for a breakout year. but moss is legit if he can stay healthy and amari daniels is a good back as well. just can't lose anyone else.

Not to mention he had 7 catches and 116 receiving yards against ND last year.
SouthCollegeStation
Everybody quit worrying.

Amari Daniels - Miami, FL - RB - 5-9 - 215 - Junior (RS)

Le'Veon Moss - Walker, LA - RB - 6-0 - 215 - Junior

EJ Smith - Dallas, TX - RB - 6-0 - 210 - Graduate

Preston Landis - Rockwall, TX - RB - 5-11 - 210 - Sophomore (RS)

We have lots of Experience and Talent at this position...
AggieMD95
AG
IMO he is our third best rb option.

Can't break tackles
vander54
S
Now it looks legit.

Oh well. We stil have a solid RB room but another injury will not be good.
World's worst proofreader
TexasStone
Ridge14
SouthCollegeStation said:

Everybody quit worrying.

Amari Daniels - Miami, FL - RB - 5-9 - 215 - Junior (RS)

Le'Veon Moss - Walker, LA - RB - 6-0 - 215 - Junior

EJ Smith - Dallas, TX - RB - 6-0 - 210 - Graduate

Preston Landis - Rockwall, TX - RB - 5-11 - 210 - Sophomore (RS)

We have lots of Experience and Talent at this position...
Oh good, I was worried but now I'm not after seeing we have Preston Landis on the team
rgag12
AG
Sucks, but RBs will be fine
StinkyPinky
AG
Moss is going to be our guy anyways. Set up for a big year.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Reuben Owens was 3rd on the depth chart behind Amari Daniels and Le'Veon Moss, but he had 743 all-purpose yards and 3 TDs as a freshman in 2023. Because it was very much expected to be a committee approach, the loss of Owens will certainly impact our offensive plans. Hopefully, Daniels and Moss can stay healthy all season long.
Aggie Dad 26
well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

He is a singular talent and a player we have to have major contributions from if we're going to make any noise on offense this year. Also, it's not a stacked position. Now we're down to Moss and Daniels as far as players who have ever done anything in real game situations. It was pretty stacked with Owens. It's pretty thin without him.

Agreed we disagree
Ag1188
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

EJ smith step right
Definitely now significantly important that we got him. I was skeptical as to why we snagged him or why he came here knowing he's only got like 1 year remaining, but now it turns out to be super clutch we got him. Props to Elko.
rsf0626
Damn. Texas loses their RB and then a few days later we lose ours
USAF9705
This isn't true according to all the premium sites.
He was 1A with Moss as 1B.
Then they said there was a wide gap before Daniels & Smith, who would have smaller roles.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.