Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If Ags beat ND game1 what kind of year do we have?

9,492 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by The Lost
Z Team
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does the outcome of game 1 impact your expectations for the rest of the season?
APHIS AG
Z Team said:

How does the outcome of game 1 impact your expectations for the rest of the season?
Currently, we are an after thought with all the glamour and publicity given to the sips.

Beat ND and Florida and everything changes.
well_endowed_ag
8-4

We don't typically win games like this though. I expect we'll lose to ND.
gkaggie08
AG
Well endowed my ass, take your small peen talk somewhere else.

The OP asked what would expectations be if we win game 1. You have to come in and spew a bunch of BAS all over the board instead of responding to the OP's question.

To answer the OP, if we beat ND, especially if we drum them, which I think we have a chance to do, we are probably looking at a 10-2 or 11-1 season. I would be disappointed in 9-3 if we win game 1
well_endowed_ag
gkaggie08 said:

Well endowed my ass, take your small peen talk somewhere else.

The OP asked what would expectations be if we win game 1. You have to come in and spew a bunch of BAS all over the board instead of responding to the OP's question.

To answer the OP, if we beat ND, especially if we drum them, which I think we have a chance to do, we are probably looking at a 10-2 or 11-1 season. I would be disappointed in 9-3 if we win game 1
I answered his question. 8-4.
gkaggie08
AG
No you didn't, you stated that you think we lose to ND. If you are saying that we go 8-4 after beating ND week 1, tell me the 4 losses you see coming
Maroon Dawn
AG
8, maybe 9 wins

Good but not special

Par for the course with this program

But it will dial up the "Wait till next year!" hype to 100%
BSCE84ag
AG
if the QB1, isn't injured....
Fins Up!
AG
We are such an unknown.

Florida will be down, that game should be winnable if we can get over the "road bug" hump.

ND? Who knows? This is a week by week year.
Ian Neff
AG
Reading comprehension on this board
VP at Pierce and Pierce
If we beat Notre Dame it likely means our offense and OL played very well against an elite defense. In turn we should be able to replicate that throughout the season to go 10-2 at least.
Brendan207
I think we will be the surprise good team in the SEC this year - Missouri and Ole Miss are wildly overrated and they aren't going to be the ones crashing the playoff party. We are undefeated going into Baton Route on 10/26 and drop that one, and then we lose to Texas to end the season, but stay in the playoff conversation.

Florida stinks.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Brendan207 said:

I think we will be the surprise good team in the SEC this year - Missouri and Ole Miss are wildly overrated and they aren't going to be the ones crashing the playoff party. We are undefeated going into Baton Route on 10/26 and drop that one, and then we lose to Texas to end the season, but stay in the playoff conversation.

Florida stinks.
Missouri brings back what should be an elite offense, but they lost everyone on defense including their DC. Ole Miss is loaded on both sides and they play an extremely favorable schedule. Ole Miss is 20-4 in the past 2 years, odds are high they make the playoff. We play LSU at home, LSU returns a great OL and a talented QB that doesnt have a lot of experience but breaking in new coordinators on both sides.
Canyon Lake Agbu94
I already think that we beat Notre Dame, so the same outcome I had before. 10-2
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i think if we beat notre dame we go 10-2, i think if we lose to notre dame we go 9-3. i think this team is going to be pretty good this year and it's possible they could exceed these records.

we lost a lot of close games last year. we play an easier schedule and i think we will be better. there is definitely a path to the playoffs if we catch a couple breaks.
Ugly
AG
We have 5-7 games on the schedule this year, depending on the source you use, that are expected to be one-score games, including Notre Dame. If we barely squeak by in the opener, then I'd expect us to split those games, so probably an average of 9-3 (if we barely get beaten by them, I would expect the same except with a loss, so 8-4). If the win looks dominant though, and not because Notre Dame is just worse than expected, we'll probably be expected to be in the playoff conversation (10-11 wins).
Sq 17
9-2 maybe 10-1 rolling in to the tu game
Beat the sips and we are in playoffs
No prediction on how the tu game goes
tu could be a pretty good team or hype smoke & mirrors
Sq 17
Don't play ole miss unless it's in the post season
LSU always has talent
I still don't buy into the Mizzou hype they are good but will finish outside the top 4 just don't have enough top tier talent
AggielandPoultry
AG
The Ags will beat ND and make the playoff.
Guy12
Maroon Dawn said:

8, maybe 9 wins

Good but not special

Par for the course with this program

But it will dial up the "Wait till next year!" hype to 100%

The last time you posted in this board you were horribly wrong. So thanks for the prediction.
RealBad Tree 08
AG
Even if we win, if QB1 gets hurt again and misses most of the season like he has for the past 4 years, we'll still have a crap season and just be stuck with What If. I'll be happy if our QB just finally starts every game for the first time ever.
CoachLB
I will not be shocked when A&M beats ND. A lot plays into a full schedule, injuries things like that. But with no Bama, Ole Miss, Georgia on our schedule I really do not see a team on our schedule that the Aggies cannot beat. I believe our defense will be really good. Our offense has weapons and with Klein will get better every week. I am just really optimistic about the Aggies. No kool-aid, just from what I am seeing and hearing.
Reno Hightower
We have a season where we beat ND.
g1gg3m
AG
I think winning game one will energize the players which will help with the Florida road game. Losing may result in less energy and focus in practices leading up to Florida. I am also concerned about the 11am Missouri game. That may be difficult for the players if the team is struggling. At least it's a home game.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”

-John Wayne
OrygunAg
AG
Has the feeling of way back when va tech rolled into kyle and beat us. Hope I'm wrong but that's the vibe.
NewEra2023
AG
If they get high off game 1 then 7-5 8-4 with losses to Arkansas and/or South Carolina.

That's been the MO here. Have temporary success only to not handle it.
greg.w.h
AG
Are you asking can we ratchet expectations to 11???

well_endowed_ag
gkaggie08 said:

No you didn't, you stated that you think we lose to ND. If you are saying that we go 8-4 after beating ND week 1, tell me the 4 losses you see coming

4 of Florida, Missouri, MSU, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, and sip. I guess you can throw Arkansas in there too.

Thats a lot of games against a lot of pretty talented teams where things can go wrong, and history indicates things go wrong for us approximately 4 times.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I expect the Ags to win a close one against the Irish but start 2-1 with a narrow loss in the Swamp. Lose late against Auburn, BTHO tu then our first playoff appearance.
StinkyPinky
AG
APHIS AG said:

Z Team said:

Currently, we are an after thought with all the glamour and publicity given to the sips.

Beat ND and Florida and everything changes.
We beat ND, then all eyes on us at week#1. That's how we start to get into the glamour and publicity conversation. If we do, I can see us using it as some serious leverage. But with big highs there are big lows. Long season.
Hill08
Brendan207 said:

Florida stinks.

Ummm, we play LSU at home
fightinag
Reno Hightower said:

We have a season where we beat ND.
and go 6-6 ......... I've had it with the decades of "NEXT YEAR"
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
TyperWoods
We'll have 1 more win in the season than if we had lost to ND.

Weigman and the OLine have to be good, and the Defense has to meet expectations. ND is 1 game.

We are blessed with a manageable schedule.
vander54
S
Z Team said:

Tough to say. I could see South Carolina 2014 results or 10-2
World's worst proofreader
Aggie_Nuke
AG
Z Team said:

Doesn't matter, we'll just continue on in year 85 of mediocrity.......... just like we've always done.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.