Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field ranked 13th best stadium by ESPN panel

8,557 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Aggie Dad 26
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle
absolutely. new kyle is a sterile/generic/cookie cutter atmosphere you can find anywhere.
Who wants to tell these ignorant posters that opposing players and coaches fear playing at Kyle and that you actually can't just find that atmosphere anywhere?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
The Marksman said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle
absolutely. new kyle is a sterile/generic/cookie cutter atmosphere you can find anywhere.
Who wants to tell these ignorant posters that opposing players and coaches fear playing at Kyle and that you actually can't just find that atmosphere anywhere?
appalachian state looked terrified. the dj was spinning bangers though, amirite. Loved sandstorm, you dont see that just anywhere.
The Marksman
AG

The Marksman said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle
appalachian state looked terrified. the dj was spinning bangers though, amirite. Loved sandstorm, you dont see that just anywhere.
Did I say anything about the DJ? Did I say anything about the Aggies never losing at Kyle? You're just deflecting from my point, but I'm not surprised since you don't have any proof that Kyle is "sterile" or that the atmosphere can be found anywhere else.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle
Did I say anything about the DJ? Did I say anything about the Aggies never losing at Kyle? You're just deflecting from my point, but I'm not surprised since you don't have any proof that Kyle is "sterile" or that the atmosphere can be found anywhere else.
Guy, you just said everyone is scared to play there. No one is scared to play there. Cupcakes beat us there. Its a nice place to visit. Its gorgeous. The facilities are top notch. No reason to get mad about it, but it is what it is. Its an NFL stadium.
LB12Diamond
AG
LOL. Kyle Field is one of the top environments in the nation. Easily top 3 in the best football conference. The 12th man earned their reputation. It helped our baseball team this past season. It will help the football team as well.
smucket
AG
Don't know about the list, but jeez look at the b_tich tits on Dabo
smucket
AG
Also, I would put Colorado up there as cool places I've seen games. Not because of the stadium, but because there are guys frickin running with a buffalo. Not a tame, domesticated buffalo like on Wayfair. Oh no, that thing is a beast. And there are 5-6 guys running with it, possibly getting gored by it if they aren't careful. That alone deserves a spot on the list.
murphyag
AG
LB12Diamond said:

LOL. Kyle Field is one of the top environments in the nation. Easily top 3 in the best football conference. The 12th man earned their reputation. It helped our baseball team this past season. It will help the football team as well.

The bathrooms are nicer, etc. But, the atmosphere is not nearly as good as the 80s and 90s.
Randy Rhodes
Ag Tag said:

Notre Dame's stadium is ranked too high. I've been to games there.

Probably because of nostalgia

Same for DKR
LB12Diamond
AG
The atmosphere is just fine. The stadium is a 100 times better.

Our fan base is one of the best out there. I did not see one super regional this past year with a better atmosphere than what we brought.

We will do the same when Elko starts competing for conference championships and playoff spots in football. Yeah, that great atmosphere you speak of in the 80s and 90s is bc we were consistently winning the conference. Our best 10 year period in history.

The crowd will be rocking at night against Notre Dame.
Triple-T
AG
It was way better before the US male population became emasculated as they bought into "toxic masculinity."
Aggie Dad 26

The Marksman said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle

Alabama 2021 doesn't agree
Aggie Dad 26
murphyag said:

LB12Diamond said:

The bathrooms are nicer, etc. But, the atmosphere is not nearly as good as the 80s and 90s.

What year did you graduate?
BartInLA
How can you make the top 25 without trans and nonbinary bathrooms?
These rankings will soon change.
85AustinAg
AG
Pure nostalgia saying 80's, 90's Kyle Field was better.
greg.w.h
AG
85AustinAg said:

Having matriculated in 1979, I'll note simply that Tom Wilson was our coach and the third deck wasn't complete so we still sold out the Texas Game. I ended up with first deck scalper's ticket about the 5 on south east end of Kyle field. Was not an awful ticket and wasn't overpriced. I was patient…after they refunded my all sports pass ticket…they were very late finishing the deck…
Earley Bird

The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

NoahAg said:

Old Kyle > new Kyle
Guy, you just said everyone is scared to play there. No one is scared to play there. Cupcakes beat us there. Its a nice place to visit. Its gorgeous. The facilities are top notch. No reason to get mad about it, but it is what it is. Its an NFL stadium.

We lost to App State because the team sucked ass, not the crowd. Troy beat LSU in 2017, does that mean LSU is not intimidating?
sleepybeagle
AG
Wasn't Kyle Field established in 1904 ? I know the concrete stadium was built in 27 and that's the date they give for when established...but we've been playing football in the same spot since 04 right? When do we say Kyle field was Kyle field?
sleepybeagle
twk
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Wasn't Kyle Field established in 1904 ? I know the concrete stadium was built in 27 and that's the date they give for when established...but we've been playing football in the same spot since 04 right? When do we say Kyle field was Kyle field?
The history of Kyle Field is not straightforward. This TexAgs post lays it out in detail: Early Evolution of Kyle Field

Summary: the area that currently comprises Kyle Field and the A parking lot was fenced off in 1905 for use by the athletic teams. The first football field was laid out in an East West fashion, perpendicular to, and just west of, the current location of Kyle Field. The football field was moved over to its present location (give or take six yards, when the field was move slightly south in 2014) in 1915.
Aggie Dad 26
85AustinAg said:

If I could blue star you 5 times I would
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.