Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Battered Aggie Syndrome

6,721 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TXAGBQ76
Classof25Battler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RyanPearson
AG
Username does not check out.
phatcat
AG
That is a child with Dad's credit card
AGinHI
AG
Classof25Battler said:

How have I been attending this school for only three years and I'm already mourning how our team will never be good until our offense is good and we'll never get the offense we want until our offense is good? The fact that ol' Ags on here can remain optimistic about football amazes me. My girlfriend's folks are Michigan alums and when they won the Natty last season he mentioned how it was cool to win when it had been 25 years. Why couldn't I have gone to a school where we won a Natty more recently than a 1939 poll? If I'm going to a game with butt sweat dripping down my uniform pants and a towel desperately covering my burning face, I'd be hopeful for a good football team. Alas
Classof25Battler
AG

deadelephant98
AG
The ghost of Wilford Brimley is concerned that you have diabetes from being such a candy ass.
Aggie2
Classof25Battler said:

How have I been attending this school for only three years and I'm already mourning how our team will never be good until our offense is good and we'll never get the offense we want until our offense is good? The fact that ol' Ags on here can remain optimistic about football amazes me. My girlfriend's folks are Michigan alums and when they won the Natty last season he mentioned how it was cool to win when it had been 25 years. Why couldn't I have gone to a school where we won a Natty more recently than a 1939 poll? If I'm going to a game with butt sweat dripping down my uniform pants and a towel desperately covering my burning face, I'd be hopeful for a good football team. Alas

If a natty is all you're wanting from A&M you made a bad decision.
crowman2010
AG
RyanPearson said:

Username does not check out.
How does his username not check out?
jeepdriver54
AG
The larger question is after we win the national championship, what will we piss and moan about?
Shoefly!
AG
deadelephant98 said:

The ghost of Wilford Brimley is concerned that you have diabetes from being such a candy ass.

Or Ass Candy!
greg.w.h
AG
jeepdriver54 said:

The larger question is after we win the national championship, what will we piss and moan about?
Everything else…and probably the coach that got us there, too…see Gary Blair and to a certain extent Pat Henry. We have a bad case of emulating poorly mannered fan bases.
Misplaced Aggie
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Could've gone to a different school. Idk. Such is life.
Classof25Battler
AG
Ya'll missing the point. Very happy to be an Aggie and a part of our great school and its traditions. Just lamenting the fact that our enthusiasm and dedication doesn't always translate to success on the field. I am very hopeful that we btho tu this season. That'd be nice, even if other stuff doesn't go our way. I'm also gonna be on the field for a game as a zip and it'll probably be either Notre Dame or tu because my buddies btho academics, so it'd be nice to win whatever game I'm gonna be down there for. I was hoping for some tempered encouragement. Gig em.
Meximan
Mike Elko is not Jimbo Fisher

Dave Bartoo has a metric that measures Coaching Effect; the ability of a head coach to overcome disadvantages and still turn wins. Elko's average for his two years at Duke was over +3.0

The only other head coach in history with a number that high was Bill Snyder.

Everyone else has never gotten higher than +1.5 in a single season (I do believe)

He didn't win huge, but he was on a historically great run at Duke given what he actually had to work with
greg.w.h
AG
Only solipsists believe their imagination directly changes reality. But choosing to accept failure as fate is fatalistic.
Aggie Dad 26
Thank God you have an Ag tag or you would take an even harder beating

Being new Army, please do not fall into "everything is going to be ok" mindset that you see so much with A&M. Demand championships and don't settle for winning at Thanksgiving
TXAGBQ76
AG
Too late, sounds like he's already quit.
Bill Superman
AG
Get a load of OP, BAS so bad he's about to miss our best season since 2020.
Classof25Battler
AG
I don't know how much more demanding of championships I can be, other than going to games and showing up as part of the 12th Man. I guess donating to the NIL fund when this engineering degree starts paying.
Classof25Battler
AG
I'll be in Kyle every game so I don't think so. Cautiously optimistic; here's to hoping this year IS actually our year.
WC94
AG
You have slightly annoyed syndrome. Post again in 20 years when you have full blown BAS.
texAZtea
AG
OP, it's not too late to punch because the Corps is hard. Don't worry your buddies will still be friends with you when you're a nonreg.
maroongoon95
AG
BAS is real . I'm diagnosed with it. 1st symptoms appeared after we lost the 83 Cal game at Kyle.
AggieArchitect04
AG
You chose a school based on how the football performs?

A team you aren't even on?
rootube
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Ya'll missing the point. Very happy to be an Aggie and a part of our great school and its traditions. Just lamenting the fact that our enthusiasm and dedication doesn't always translate to success on the field. I am very hopeful that we btho tu this season. That'd be nice, even if other stuff doesn't go our way. I'm also gonna be on the field for a game as a zip and it'll probably be either Notre Dame or tu because my buddies btho academics, so it'd be nice to win whatever game I'm gonna be down there for. I was hoping for some tempered encouragement. Gig em.

I'm class of '90 and I can offer no words of encouragement other than to stay hydrated at games and raise your children to hate the horns.

I remember when my kids were young and I pretended to take them into a longhorn apparel store in an Austin mall. My daughter started crying. I've never been so proud.

Maybe that's a similar experience your Michigan friend had when they won the natty. I guess we'll have to win it all this year so I will know for sure.
Human Being
AG
I'm 54. When I was 26 I worked in sales with an aggie who was in his 60's. One day he basically laughed at me when I told him my weekend plans of going to an aggie game. Keep in mind this was a redass corp aggie class of 1950 something. He told me it was a waste of my time and that he didn't even watch the aggies anymore.

Now I am that aggie. I no longer watch the games live. A&M will never win a championship in my lifetime. A&M will win 9 games in their really good years. They will win 5 games in their down years. Most years we will be 8-4 or 7-5.

I've come to realize the purpose A&M football serves. The teams that can win national championships need teams like A&M to beat. We serve as a quality win for them. Because we are perpetually mediocre instead of flat out terrible a win over A&M means something to them.

My advice to you is don't waste any of your time trying to reason why this is. It just is.

The Zookeeper
AG
Aggie2 said:

Classof25Battler said:

If a natty is all you're wanting from A&M you made a bad decision.
Having my A&M degree has opened so many doors for me ... it will for you too. You need to work hard for it, and work hard each and every time a door is opened for you.

I came from nothing. In fact at one point in high school my family was homeless and later lived in the "Little Mexico" projects in Dallas briefly. 1st in family to have a degree. I worked hard at the 2nd company that employed me. I just bought the place.

You have a golden opportunity in your hands. DO something with it.
You are going to get sooo much more out of A&M than other schools.

agz win
AG
OP has made a total of 5 posts (all on this thread) and chooses to make this the subject of his opening act.

Has to be a teasipping troll and somehow got an Ag Tag.

phatcat
AG
check it out, Daddy's boy!
OBJTEX
Classof25Battler said:

Easy. Imagine how painful it wl be when you are 54 and nothing to show for it other than only one legit NC total for all time and that one was 85 years ago.
dabo man
AG
Interesting that someone registered a sock, did their trolling, and it's still up more than 24 hours later. I wonder if it's because they bothered to get an Ag tag?
ABATTBQ11
AG
GTFO and GFY, respectfully of course.
rootube
AG
Human Being said:

I'm 54. When I was 26 I worked in sales with an aggie who was in his 60's. One day he basically laughed at me when I told him my weekend plans of going to an aggie game. Keep in mind this was a redass corp aggie class of 1950 something. He told me it was a waste of my time and that he didn't even watch the aggies anymore.

Now I am that aggie. I no longer watch the games live. A&M will never win a championship in my lifetime. A&M will win 9 games in their really good years. They will win 5 games in their down years. Most years we will be 8-4 or 7-5.

I've come to realize the purpose A&M football serves. The teams that can win national championships need teams like A&M to beat. We serve as a quality win for them. Because we are perpetually mediocre instead of flat out terrible a win over A&M means something to them.

My advice to you is don't waste any of your time trying to reason why this is. It just is.

I understand your frustration but I don't see what you get out of the Texags football forum if you are as checked out of the football team as you say you are.

Also I disagree with your premise about A&M being a perpetual mediocre team. Clemson was mediocre pre Dabo Sweeney. They were probably below us in the overall pecking order of CFB. Coaching matters, and we have never had a coach with the ability to elevate us to elite. Maybe we still don't, but you can't argue our willingness to fire coaches looking for a different result.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The only emotion more powerful than fear is hope. Be hopeful for Aggie football, for America, for life! This could be the fall that A&M wins it all. It could be the fall where we don't. I do for a fact our team is more talented and more experience than any single team we have put on the field on the 21st century.
TXAGBQ76
AG
While I am huge follower and support Aggie athletics in any way possible, we have a .609 winning record and a losing bowl game record.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.