Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Battered Aggie Syndrome

6,860 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TXAGBQ76
Classof25Battler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BlockerResident
AG
The only dividend that college football always pays is in annoying, unyielding, and unreasonable hope. As dark as things get, you always have the choice to say "there's always next year."
rootube
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

While I am huge follower and support Aggie athletics in any way possible, we have a .609 winning record and a losing bowl game record.

I'm not trying to make an argument that we are better than upper middle. What I am saying is teams that aren't pre ordained to win like the other poster suggested. If we hire Saban instead of Franchone the last 15 years look a lot different for both teams.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Since winning the Big 12 in 1998, we have finished with fewer than 4 losses just twice: 11-2 (6-2 SEC) in 2012 and 9-1 (8-1 SEC) in 2020. We finished with 9-3 regular season records in 2006 and 2010 but both seasons ended with bowl losses by 17+ points to drop us to 9-4. We have consistently lost 4+ games and finished in the middle of the Big 12 or SEC with a few good or great seasons mixed in. Hopefully, Mike Elko can lead us to 10+ wins consistently, starting this year. My excitement level fluctuates, but I will never lose interest.
wisdom
AG
Classof25Battler said:

Ya'll missing the point. Very happy to be an Aggie and a part of our great school and its traditions. Just lamenting the fact that our enthusiasm and dedication doesn't always translate to success on the field. I am very hopeful that we btho tu this season. That'd be nice, even if other stuff doesn't go our way. I'm also gonna be on the field for a game as a zip and it'll probably be either Notre Dame or tu because my buddies btho academics, so it'd be nice to win whatever game I'm gonna be down there for. I was hoping for some tempered encouragement. Gig em.
Quote:---> "Ya'll missing the point."
Incorrect location of the apostrophe.
Al Bula
AG
Classof25Battler said:

My girlfriend
The only thing which matters is the pic you have not yet posted of her.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I hear you. We have a history of hiring a hot name, DF was one of those, Jimbo turned out to be one of those.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.