Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU BOR Meeting

45,036 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fireworks galore

45-70Ag
AG
TexasAggie_97
AG
Come on down to the SEC. If Florida and Georgia and Alabama don't like it we'll tough ***** If they are afraid of what FSU might do to upset their status quo might wait to see what the **** show that t.u. Is does. They sure as hell didn't care what we thought of adding t.u.
Sq 17
Lawyers going to get paid;
Because businessmen want to break a contract.
BkYdPitmaster
AG
Their maths is off.
Backyard Pitmaster
Gidnik

live watch if anyone is interested
dabo man
AG
They have "no choice" but to challenge the ACC? They signed a contract. I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
Lurker44
BkYdPitmaster said:

Their maths is off.
It's Seminole Math
FTAG 2000
AG
dabo man said:

They have "no choice" but to challenge the ACC? They signed a contract. I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
There's probably some proof of breach with respect to ACC support for FSU in the playoff selection.

Discovery could be uncomfortable for the ACC rep on the selection committee whose brother is a VP at ESPN.
45-70Ag
AG
Not a lawyer and may be stating this incorrectly but based on the video they're saying they didn't have a chance to vote on various items that locked them into the GOR and are saying Florida law doesn't allow for this. Said the commissioner negotiated without their consent.

45-70Ag
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo
TexasAggie_97 said:

Come on down to the SEC. If Florida and Georgia and Alabama don't like it we'll tough ***** If they are afraid of what FSU might do to upset their status quo might wait to see what the **** show that t.u. Is does. They sure as hell didn't care what we thought of adding t.u.

I suspect Al, GA, and FL acting in concert would be sufficient to tank any initiative in the SEC. Those are the big dogs along with LSU.
DallasAg 94
They're poor af.
45-70Ag
AG
Weird side note on the contracts is that they can only be viewed at the acc office and cannot be viewed anywhere else.

Is that normal? The acc won't allow them to be shared outside of their office.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

I suspect Al, GA, and FL acting in concert would be sufficient to tank any initiative in the SEC. Those are the big dogs along with LSU.
Perhaps but now I hope t.u. Makes their lives a living hell like they did to others in the SWC and Big 12. They will soon realize the mistake they made but there not much they can do about it now.
Ferg
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

They are pissed at the SEC along with the ACC and ESPN. The BIG will likely pay more.
45-70Ag
AG
Never realized multimedia rights and grant of rights are two different things. Multimedia rights are negotiated by the conference office and universities have no say in what's agreed to, at least in the acc. Not sure about other conferences.
45-70Ag
AG
Their counsel said they're ready to start litigation today in Tallahassee circuit court and have an official case and case number by Tuesday.
Panama Red
AG
I'd suspect every LSU fan would dispute they are a "big dog" with SEC. They say SEC is always screwing them over.

As for the FSU case:

45-70Ag
AG
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Clemson, Virginia Tech and Miami and now on the clock!

Might was well sign them up in the SEC!
45-70Ag
AG
greg.w.h
AG
Hope they sue ESPN as well as conference office.
45-70Ag
AG
Merry Christmas ACC.
Justice Beaver
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Clemson, Virginia Tech and Miami and now on the clock!

Might was well sign them up in the SEC!

Wrong Tech…give us Georgia Tech.
45-70Ag
AG
Georgia tech left the sec 60 years ago. I don't think they have any desire to be a part of it again.
Bill Superman
AG
We need to lobby to get FSU in the SEC so we can put the east in the same predicament they put us in bringing sip and then into our league.
alamogeorge
AG
$572 million? Pish! That's 6-7 coaching fires for us. FSU is LolPoor!
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
rootube
AG
Ferg said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

They are pissed at the SEC along with the ACC and ESPN. The BIG will likely pay more.

This is a hilarious fantasy. FSU can only be pissed at themselves for signing a contract ,that by current standards, is tiny and that runs through 2036. The B10 and the SEC are not going to pay one dime to add an ACC team. Hell the B10 is still not giving full shares to Maryland and Rutgers.
rootube
AG
45-70Ag said:

Georgia tech left the sec 60 years ago. I don't think they have any desire to be a part of it again.

That's funny. GT would join the SEC in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for them a lot has changed since they left.
rsf0626
i wonder if there's a handshake deal in place already between florida state and the SEC...the SEC would probably love to take them but they would need to bring someone along with them. Clemson, Va Tech, UNC?
Loco84
AG
45-70Ag said:

Weird side note on the contracts is that they can only be viewed at the acc office and cannot be viewed anywhere else.

With today's technology I find it hard to believe they can't find a way to take pictures of the contract with a hidden miniature camera of some sort.
Aggie97
AG
45-70Ag said:

Probably to get around FOIA requests. Most of the schools in the ACC are state schools.
Faustus
NM.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Nope. They left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.