Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I am 35 years old.

13,114 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aeon-ag
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will Texas A&M meet its full potential and win a natty at some point in my lifetime? I am so tired of the false hope only for us to fall flat and become fodder for sips who think they "are back". I love Texas A&M and the football team. We have been perpetually underachieving since forever.
vander54
S
Not until you become a man

World's worst proofreader
HoustonAg2106
AG
SBISA Victim said:

Will Texas A&M meet its full potential and win a natty at some point in my lifetime? I am so tired of the false hope only for us to fall flat and become fodder for sips who think they "are back". I love Texas A&M and the football team. We have been perpetually underachieving since forever.

Only if we hired the right guy for once, time will tell
Dorm 15
AG
SBISA Victim said:

Will Texas A&M meet its full potential and when a natty at some point in my lifetime? I love Texas A&M and the football team. We have been perpetually underachieving since forever.
I hope you do and for the AG's that are much older I hope it happens very soon.
Coryhub
I'm 46 - saw the 98 Big 12 Champ and went to sugar bowl, never thought that would be the only big time moment
Eddie Vedder
2012 says hello
Eddie Vedder
Aggies won the Orange Bowl 3 years ago. In case you're new here.
Gaius Julius Bevo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Objectively not many schools win national championships. I got a rough count of 12 different schools that have done it since 2000. The majority of them are in the SEC. The outliers like Clemson, Florida State, and Ohio State seem like they should continue to be contenders, especially in a 12 team CFB playoff.

No reason A&M can't be there with peer schools like LSU and Florida having done it before. Takes $, talent, coaching, and some luck. One could argue you've been missing on the last two, but other than Saban, Smart, and Meyer, I actually think there are many top tier coaches that are roughly equivalent to each other and they could all win NCs under the right situation. We'll see if Elko is one of these soon.

An L of an Ag
AG
54. We kicked ass during my college years. Except for 2012 I'm STILL waiting for any of these teams to match those years.
TAMU74
AG
You're less than half my age so quit complaining.
I've been waiting 53 years for crying out loud.
Just get in line and understand this is what being an Aggie is all about.
JohnLA762
AG

That's why it's so easy to watch these days. Why get upset when failure is the only option?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Eddie Vedder said:

I think this conversation is centered around championships
AGinHI
AG
35 huh?

Here's some advice:

Enjoy the entertaining games, whether we win or lose, for what they are and,

turn off the ones you know are heading downhill without hope for a turnaround, so you don't end up feeling you wasted your day.
whatthehey78
AG
Want some cheese, you whiners. 77 yrs here. Go back to Bear Bryant on the sideline first game I attended. National Championships are for *******. It takes real men to do without and "Wait til next year!"

Soooooooo..."Wait til"...you know the rest.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Hubert J. Farnsworth
SBISA Victim said:

It all depends on getting the right coach that can take advantage of the current college football situation.
greg.w.h
AG
You'll probably get older before we win one…
fla_agfan
Outlook uncertain... ask again next year.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Greatness courts failure Romeo.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Objectively not many schools win national championships. I got a rough count of 12 different schools that have done it since 2000. The majority of them are in the SEC. The outliers like Clemson, Florida State, and Ohio State seem like they should continue to be contenders, especially in a 12 team CFB playoff.

No reason A&M can't be there with peer schools like LSU and Florida having done it before. Takes $, talent, coaching, and some luck. One could argue you've been missing on the last two, but other than Saban, Smart, and Meyer, I actually think there are many top tier coaches that are roughly equivalent to each other and they could all win NCs under the right situation. We'll see if Elko is one of these soon.

I ran the numbers earlier this year, and somewhere around 75-80 different schools have won a championship in football, men's basketball, or baseball since we won our last national championship. Relative to resources, we SUCK at sports and have gotten our asses handed to us by the likes of Baylor and TCU.
revvie
AG
SBISA Victim said:

I am 35 years older than you are and wondering the same thing.
TexAggie1999
Eddie Vedder said:

2012 says hello

2012 was awesome, and I truly believe we were one of the best teams in college by the end of the season. However, as a team, we didn't win anything memorable. Not the SEC Championship. Not even the SEC West. Not even a top tier BCS bowl invite. We won the upper echelon of the non tier 1 bowls. It is fair to say the last big accomplishment was 1998.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
SBISA Victim said:

ElephantRider
AG
A&M will never win a national championship in football, men's basketball, or baseball. Manage your expectations, and the losses will be easier to take
BSCE84ag
AG
Im 61 and still waiting...
JuneBug07
AG
Football and basketball…never happening.
I have a feeling that baseball will be relatively soon.
Krautag81
You're hopelessly stuck, just enjoy the ride.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
35 eh? I'm 68. I offer these lyrics as comfort:

Sometimes the best map will not guide you
You can't see what's round the bend
Sometimes the road leads through dark places
Sometimes the darkness is your friend
SinKiller
Eddie Vedder said:

Yes, what an epic clash that was, I can almost remember half of NC's team not playing…The only person that didn't see that for what it was, was John Sharp.
Class of 65
AG
SBISA Victim said:

I asked that 45 years ago
TheGreatEscape
The Cubs also thought they were cursed. They have always been a very respectable dedicated fan base.
94chem
SBISA Victim said:

Don't care. Rangers won.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
SA-AG72
AG
I'm 73 and OP has a better chance than me.
JPK89
AG
OP thinks he's an old at 35.

LMAO
trip98
AG
I hope he was drunk when he posted....if not what a whiney little *****
BartInLA
Depends on how you live
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.