Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I am 35 years old.

13,279 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by aeon-ag
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Your vagina is showing.
SinKiller
Divining Rod said:

SinKiller said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Eddie Vedder said:

Aggies won the Orange Bowl 3 years ago. In case you're new here.

Covid year has the * on it. I'm confident the 2012 team would have handily beat the 2019 covid* team.
2012 would have destroyed the '19 team, it wouldn't have been a game.

We had a 2019 Covid team, 'sip? maybe your 'sips did. Or at least they played like it.

Hey, pup, learn how to read and comprehend…Feel free to go away for a while again. I realize being wrong about everything has been taxing on you, go back in hiding.
maroongoon95
AG
With an Asterisk next to it
Texker
AG
OP is 35. Bless your heart.
Kozmozag
You have to be 85 + to have seen one. Probably no one alive saw our last one.
Bluto
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

Objectively not many schools win national championships. I got a rough count of 12 different schools that have done it since 2000. The majority of them are in the SEC. The outliers like Clemson, Florida State, and Ohio State seem like they should continue to be contenders, especially in a 12 team CFB playoff.

No reason A&M can't be there with peer schools like LSU and Florida having done it before. Takes $, talent, coaching, and some luck. One could argue you've been missing on the last two, but other than Saban, Smart, and Meyer, I actually think there are many top tier coaches that are roughly equivalent to each other and they could all win NCs under the right situation. We'll see if Elko is one of these soon.

Irony = Sip poster has most level-headed comment in Aggie whining thread.
AggieZeroFoxtrot
AG
[url=<a][/url]

war hymn aggie
AG
I'm 61 & still mumblin' to myself how bad an idea it was in '75 to move the Arky game mid-season from October to the 1st weekend of December so we could be on national television after we had played the horns on Thanksgiving Day. A road game, nonetheless.
Back then, very few games were televised so Ags agreed to it likely for the $$$.

Ags shackled Earl Campbell & were ranked #2 after the game.
Went up to Arkansas & laid an egg, losing something like 31-6.
Remember than Franklin miseed a 21-22 yd FG right off the bat. & the game went downhill from there.
Conference race ended in a 3-way tie between Ags, Horns & Hogs. Arkie won out since they hadn't been conference Champs since '65. Ag's had won it in ''67.
Hogs went on to crush a mediocre Georgia team in the Cotton Bowl.
Ohio St. was ranked #1 and went to Orange Bowl, where they got upset by UCLA.
My memory is fuzzy but I think we ended up playing USC in the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston & they shut us out.
Team had lost their emotion after finally beating t.u.again.

Typical for Aggie sports fans.......

Sorry for the rant.
It was therapeutic, however.
AggieAL1
Believe it was the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.
aeon-ag
SBISA Victim said:

Will Texas A&M meet its full potential and win a natty at some point in my lifetime? I am so tired of the false hope only for us to fall flat and become fodder for sips who think they "are back". I love Texas A&M and the football team. We have been perpetually underachieving since forever.
Son, I'm twice as old as you are, 75. How do think I feel??!! I have reached a point that it doesn't matter any longer; at my age there are more important things in life than A&M screw ups!!!! '70

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.