Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU AD

22,443 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by pinche gringo
AngryAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tergdor said:

They should be mad. Even with a QB out, their defense is good enough to be competitive in any game.

They have a better SOR than Texas, their win this week was better than Texas's, and they were ranked above Texas last week. They're the first team to be dropped out of the top 4 rankings in the last week for winning.

The committee was scared to leave Texas out. And that's pathetic.

The debate was between Bama and FSU. TU was in.
Tergdor
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

kwammer said:

Tergdor said:

They should be mad. Even with a QB out, their defense is good enough to be competitive in any game.

They have a better SOR than Texas, their win this week was better than Texas's, and they were ranked above Texas last week. They're the first team to be dropped out of the top 4 rankings in the last week for winning.

no. the committee was scared to leave Bama/SEC out.

Texas beat Bama H2H. Both teams were conference champions. Both were 12-1. Any other metric is irrelevant.
Bama has a better resume, more top 25 wins, a better loss, and better SOR in a better conference.

Any objective look puts Bama above Texas. H2H only counts so much.

If head to head only matters so much, then why do we use head to head match ups to determine the national champion?
Champions aren't always the best team in a single elimination playoff. But you knew that.

H2H should never be the sole deciding factor in playoff and seeding selections.

You understand that we use H2H in the playoffs itself? If you're saying H2H isn't all that important, then why are we using head to head match ups im each round of the playoffs?

If the committee knows better about who the best team is than actual on field results, then we should just let the committee pick the winner.
I'm not going to engage with your sophistry anymore. Come on, man.
AustinAg2K
Ags4DaWin said:

FSU should boycott their bowl. Remove any and all sense of legitimacy from this farce.

Hope tu gets trashed

No, they should go out and play pissed off and beat Georgia. Then they should claim the national championship themselves.
LB12Diamond
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Again, you are just ignoring every other metric. You just proved you can not argue that those other metrics are irrelevant without sounding ridiculous. No sense in responding anymore to a sip troll. The facts show you are wrong. Be glad you paid off the right people this year, congrats to your boosters.

That's the funny part about sips. I maybe would have a little respect for them if they could state the truth. That they clearly get the benefit of politics.

But Noooo

They have to actually believe they are deserving. They ignore their conference. They ignore facts.

They are true narcissists in every form.

Thus, I have zero respect or time to listen to any of the BS that comes out of their mouths.

Actually have a lot of respect for Booger McFarland now. He was the only one that spoke honestly on the selection show.

Everyone else was part of the swamp.

And then Joey actually had the audacity to state we don't care who makes the playoffs. We just want the right teams. LOL shocking coming from an Ohio State alum.
AustinAg2K
Tergdor said:

AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

kwammer said:

Tergdor said:

Texas beat Bama H2H. Both teams were conference champions. Both were 12-1. Any other metric is irrelevant.
Bama has a better resume, more top 25 wins, a better loss, and better SOR in a better conference.

If head to head only matters so much, then why do we use head to head match ups to determine the national champion?
Champions aren't always the best team in a single elimination playoff. But you knew that.

You understand that we use H2H in the playoffs itself? If you're saying H2H isn't all that important, then why are we using head to head match ups im each round of the playoffs?

If the committee knows better about who the best team is than actual on field results, then we should just let the committee pick the winner.
I'm not going to engage with your sophistry anymore. Come on, man.

Glad to see you realize I'm right.
94chem
Houstonag said:

The committee was just trying to spread it around and they screwed up. Sip schedule was weak and one game win over Alabama was the key. Georgia is the team that got screwed.

Georgia beat Mizzou and Ole Miss at home. That's it. How are they "screwed?"
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ags4DaWin
kwammer said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Bama beat the number one team last week to win their conference, Texas beat an also ran. Bama's loss was to a top 10 program, Texas was to a top 15 that didn't even make a conference championship. Bama had a stronger SOS and SOR.
But they lost to Texas at home. Bottom-line.

Early season losses and upsets have always meant less than late season performance in NCAAF.

It worked that way when it was polls that decided the Natty

It worked that way when the BCS decided who played for the Natty. That was actually built into the computer formula. Because everyone acknowledges that with no preseason in NCAAF the team is much different at the end of the season than the beginning.

Why did that change THIS year of all years? We all know why.
YouBet
AG
No one will remember this next year except for FSU and A&M (we will because it arguably put Texas in playoff when they shouldn't have been).

And no one is going to care about the cut line controversy at 12 going forward (other than teams ranked 13-15) because there is a drop off in quality once you get to around 7 or 8. Those lower ranked teams aren't relevant.

The change next year was to remove the controversy we are seeing this year with the relevant teams.
TxAg76
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

AustinAg2K said:

Tergdor said:

kwammer said:

Tergdor said:

The loss should be taken in context.
Bama lost to tu in Week 2.
If it had happened later in the season, nobody would question it.

If H2H is so black and white, why was tu ranked higher than OU so late in the season, still before they played Bedlam?
Both were 1 loss teams prior to Bedlam, and OU would have the nod per H2H if things were that linear.
But that's not how it was, was it.
Onionman
ABATTBQ11 said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Where was all this hand ringing for A&M after 2020? Everyone sat back quiet then, so don't care about your school now.

FSU is an undefeated conference champion. We didn't even win our division because we got blown out in our one loss. Not even comparable.
Call it a blowout loss but we hung in there just as well or better than Ohio State did in the championship game.
Sterling82
Evanhue said:

Quote:

Committee said last week that fsu was 4 and Texas was 7 and the only thing that happened was tu beat ok st and fsu beat Louisville.

When you look at it like this, FSU got screwed royally.

Yep. The argument that tu blew out OSU cracked me up. OSU was ranked 22 which in retrospect was gamed to Trump up tu's resume. OSU with losses to USA and UCF being anywhere near the top 25 is laughable. Meanwhile the same poster crowd about an "awful" UL team that was legitimately ranked 16. FSU beat them by 10 with a 3rd team freshman QB that had 4 snaps all season. FSU's win would have been better than tu's even with even if Travis playing.

Bottom line, FSU got screwed. And it's a disgrace to screw every other player on their team to simply placate the entitled…both tu and Bama. It's as phony as rassling.
halfastros81
AG
I feel bad for FSU . Not sure it has much long term impact tho because the problem gets fixed next yr.
StinkyPinky
AG
ragatm said:

Man, recruiting for Bama just got even easier.

Recruiting for FSU (or any ACC school for that matter) just got worse.
txag72
AG
If you were an Ag you would have known this 75 years ago.
rootube
AG
Sankey and the B12 commissioner pleaded with the ACC, PAC, and B10 to have a twelve team playoff THIS year. They all said no, it would give the SEC too much power. F-em.

FSU, these are the chickens coming home to roost.
Bag
AG
W said:

R E L said:

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff," Alford said. "And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose to evaluate performance on the field."
this statement is wrong

no proven performance with backup QB's

Wrong
VikingNik
AG
FSU can claim co-champs if they whip UGA. I would.
Upperdeck Critic
Again, it is not how you play or getting through injuries, it is about ratings,$$$, and entitlement. Football was a team sport up until now. So much for defense, coaching/coaching up, and team effort

So, injury is a consideration and now comes into play to benefit Alabama/Texas to the detriment of FSU.

What else is new among the entitled: SEC. Big 10, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, & tu, ?
Eliminatus
AG
Undefeated P5 conference champions with wins over 4 ranked schools and two OOC SEC road wins…

This sport died quite a bit today in my eyes. And I hate FSU.

Does Milroe with a broken leg keep Bama out???
LB12Diamond
AG
halfastros81 said:

I feel bad for FSU . Not sure it has much long term impact tho because the problem gets fixed next yr.

How does it get fixed.

Politics will control the bracket. Preferred teams will get better match ups, home games and even make the playoffs over non preferred teams.

This just took the mask completely off the con job that has been happening forever.
sincereag
I don't give a crap that both tu and Bama made the playoffs over an undefeated FSU team. This year shows the landscape of cfb has changed and there is more parity than before. I just hope Elko can get our program going in the right direction and we can perform at an elite level to make the playoffs.
LB12Diamond
AG
Eliminatus said:

Undefeated P5 conference champions with wins over 4 ranked schools and two OOC SEC road wins…

Of course not.

Did it keep Ohio State out when they lost their starting QB.

Did it keep Bama out when they lost their number one WR.

Heck, Bama changed QBs in a playoff game.

I'm sure you were being sarcastic but I'm just piling on the absurdity of leaving FSU out.
AnScAggie
AG
Eliminatus said:

whatthehey78
AG
Playoff committee - ESPN bought and paid for.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
bigdaddygriffin
Well we can agree to disagree, in my opinion, and obviously the committee's as well, the 4 current best teams are the 4 that were chosen. I do respect your opinion, just don't agree...
bigdaddygriffin
If we are a one loss team next year in a 12 team playoff, I would think we wouldn't be on the 12/13 border....
JROD9398
I think that was for the 2024 season not 2023....
Mule
AG
Evanhue said:

Quote:

Committee said last week that fsu was 4 and Texas was 7 and the only thing that happened was tu beat ok st and fsu beat Louisville.

When you look at it like this, FSU got screwed royally.

Most cogent post on this topic! Sums it up perfectly!
Texas Aggies
pinche gringo
AG
zb008 said:

Do you guys want to see the 4 best teams, or a team without a quarterback get stomped? I'd much rather watch a full-strength Bama team.

How about the teams that deserved it.
Eliminatus
AG
zb008 said:

Do you guys want to see the 4 best teams, or a team without a quarterback get stomped? I'd much rather watch a full-strength Bama team.

Four best teams??

THE best team isn't even in.
VaultingChemist
AG
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

It seems the selection committee checks were signed by the same sob that signs the longhorn refs checks each game.
How much did sips pay Sankey to get into the SEC?
Bedmaiston
What 4 best teams? That is an opinion and only an opinion. They need to go by what happened on the field not what they think will happen moving forward.
pinche gringo
AG
Eliminatus said:

zb008 said:

Four best teams??

THE best team isn't even in.

Truth
Gunny456
AG
The same politics and BS will select the 12 instead of just 4. If you don't change the system it doesn't matter how many spots there is. Bottom line it's not about what happens on the field…, this exposes the whole deal…. It's nothing more than a political and media driven popularity contest.
Gunny456
AG
Not only just the sips ….. the entire group of Texas gov. politicians.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.