Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU AD

22,390 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by pinche gringo
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you. Most correct post of the day!! Spot on!
rootube
AG
Gunny456 said:

I'm not talking about spot number 12. I'm saying that if a playoff committee can disqualify a team because they " think" a team can't perform up to their standards because a particular player is hurt…. Then the system is flawed deeply….. no matter if there is 12 spots or 20.
They should not be able to decide that.
Do you think if Ewers would have been hurt they would have kept Texas out?
Honest question.

It's a dumb system always has been. The more you expand the playoffs the less dumb it gets.
TexAggie1999
Greg Costanza said:

For the players' safety, let's just run models based on talent at the beginning of the season to determine game winners and the ultimate champion, and then have computer simulated games played on the big screens in the stadiums.
Good idea. AI National Champion!
TexAggie1999
rootube said:

Gunny456 said:

I'm not talking about spot number 12. I'm saying that if a playoff committee can disqualify a team because they " think" a team can't perform up to their standards because a particular player is hurt…. Then the system is flawed deeply….. no matter if there is 12 spots or 20.
They should not be able to decide that.
Do you think if Ewers would have been hurt they would have kept Texas out?
Honest question.

It's a dumb system always has been. The more you expand the playoffs the less dumb it gets.
I think the expansion should have been to 8 teams, not 12 teams. I think this year was the first time there were 7 teams that could legitimately claim any right to possibly being the best (Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama, FSU, Georgia, and Ohio State).

The one good thing with 12 teams is that it means the "bubble teams" there may be a few teams that could claim they are #12, really have no business being in the playoffs anyway. So who really cares if they get number 12 right.

I seriously doubt anyone outside the Top 8 wins the National Championship in the next 20 years. This is the last year that making the playoffs is actually a big deal. Wish we would have made it this year (I know we are nowhere close) before it got watered down.
HILLJE61
Hard to believe FSU and apparently no one knows that tu and ESPN are running the show now. Hope tu will let us in some day.
Hillje
pinche gringo
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

College football is a load of bull****.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.