Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU AD

22,471 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by pinche gringo
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zb008 said:

Do you guys want to see the 4 best teams, or a team without a quarterback get stomped? I'd much rather watch a full-strength Bama team.

Let's see what happens when FSU plays Georgia.
riverrataggie
AG
StinkyPinky said:

riverrataggie said:

As a fan of the game it completely makes me not want to watch anymore. Even the Ags. The entire fan base was just told it doesn't matter what you do on the field. Only who you play for. They took the 'sport' out of the sport.

Exactly. So next time when someone say "Doesn't matter, just win" I'll laugh my ass off.

Bingo. Let's stop with all the money into facilities and coaches and NIL. Let's go 8-4 and line 100million into the pockets of the committee. Just get into the dance.
Mort Rainey
riverrataggie said:

100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.

No it won't. It's 12 teams next year, the arguments are over
Dan Scott
AG
FSU was 4 coming it into the game and everybody knew their QB was out. They should have moved them down last week if that's their arguement because it make no sense this week. They beat the number 14.

I guess Alabama winning SEC made the Texas win look even better.
oneeyedag
No it really doesn't. 12 teams doesn't fix this at all. Anytime their are people having inputs bias comes into play #13 and #14 may be better than #10 or or #9.

It's not going away, and FSU has every right to go scorched earth on every single committee member.
R E L
AG
No problem with Bama getting in. Sip getting 3 is a joke, and anyone arguing otherwise has no leg to stand on.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just shows what most already knew.

Committees are just facade. All decisions are politically driven.

Bama at 4 was surprising bc it matches up Big 10 with SEC.

But I get it. Bama/SEC over FSU is easier to argue than Texas over FSU.

What a total screw job to FSU.

You can argue Texas over Bama.

You can argue Bama over FSU.

But there is absolutely zero argument for Texas over FSU. Zero!!!
BkYdPitmaster
AG
R E L said:

zb008 said:

If FSU played Bama's schedule, would they still be undefeated? Maybe ask that crybaby this question.

Would sip?
Sip wasn't undefeated. Lost to okie.
Backyard Pitmaster
TxAg76
AG
R E L said:

zb008 said:

If FSU played Bama's schedule, would they still be undefeated? Maybe ask that crybaby this question.

Would sip?

LOL, sip barely squeaked thru the ****ty BDF, and lost to the best of the rest of what BDF had to offer….gag
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
It seems the selection committee checks were signed by the same sob that signs the longhorn refs checks each game.
zafzo
Houstonag said:

. Georgia is the team that got screwed.

They had the worst SOS of the one loss teams in question by a good amount. Also no conference championship or head to head win over the other two.

5 Alabama
13 Texas
37 Georgia
gtaggie_08
AG
They barely beat Boston College and other scrubs from the ACC. They have one win against LSU that wouldn't have happened without their QB. Their win against Louisville last night was pitiful. Louisville looked like they didn't know that you can actually catch a forward pass. They would have been beaten by 50 by Michigan. It was the right choice by the committee.

When one of the 14 criteria outlined from the very beginning is the availability of players and team performance, FSU fails that test big time. It didn't affect OSU the first year because their 3rd string QB hung over 50 on Wisconsin in the B10 conference title game. They proved they could overcome an injury and ended up with the title that year
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Tergdor said:

They should be mad. Even with a QB out, their defense is good enough to be competitive in any game.

They have a better SOR than Texas, their win this week was better than Texas's, and they were ranked above Texas last week. They're the first team to be dropped out of the top 4 rankings in the last week for winning.

The committee was scared to leave Texas or the SEC Champ out. And that's pathetic.
bottom line, is they took the coward's approach and thought that selling "FSU won't be at full strength" would be easier
Scotty Appleton
zb008 said:

But they also beat 9-3 LSU, 10-2 Ole Miss, and 12-1 Georgia. They have by far the better resume in comparison to FSU.

Florida State beat LSU's ass on a neutral field. Bama played a 2 score game at home with Daniels out of the game in the 2nd half.
Post removed:
by user
hph6203
AG
oneeyedag said:

No it really doesn't. 12 teams doesn't fix this at all. Anytime their are people having inputs bias comes into play #13 and #14 may be better than #10 or or #9.

It's not going away, and FSU has every right to go scorched earth on every single committee member.
No one is going to give a damn about #13 complaining they weren't ranked #12 except for #13 and #12. This scenario is an indictment on the entire process, because you've removed the winning from the decision. Every 12 or 13 team is going to have at least one loss 99.9% of the time.
Deus Vult
amercer said:

I would have used a lot more swear words
That was probably in the first draft.
anaggieshusband
I just hope the student athletes have fun
bigblock
Big check from tu cleared.
ragatm
Man, recruiting for Bama just got even easier.
misterguinness
AG
Texas in the CFP generates more revenue than FSU in the CFP. That's all that mattered in the decision making.
2+2=5
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
anaggieshusband said:

I just hope the student athletes have fun

"Student"?
Cliff.Booth
It's actually worse than that. It isn't about any factor other than which one will get more people tuning in to watch ****e ads. That's literally all it boils down to.
jrdaustin
AG
zb008 said:

Do you guys want to see the 4 best teams, or a team without a quarterback get stomped? I'd much rather watch a full-strength Bama team.
Doesn't matter. They did what they were supposed to do to get a berth in the CFP. Period.

The committee has just turned the field of competition into figure skating where a subjective viewpoint outweighs performance on the field.

Plus, I would argue that the committee ignored prior precedent in other to get their choices in. Criteria has changed each year to get the favored teams in. It's bull****.

Seeing how much money is involved, there could be cause for legal action. I'd support FSU if they litigate this.
AustinAg2K
R E L said:

No problem with Bama getting in. Sip getting 3 is a joke, and anyone arguing otherwise has no leg to stand on.

Except of course for on field results.
Wabs
AG
Their job was to put the 4 best teams in the playoff. Are they really saying UGA is not one of the top 4? #1 all year and lose a neutral site game by 3 points. Drop from #1 to 6????
aggiebird02
jrdaustin said:

zb008 said:

I would argue that the committee ignored prior precedent in other to get their choices in. Criteria has changed each year to get the favored teams in. It's bull****.
This seems to have been the case half the time. Every other year the explanations for teams being left out or put in has changed.

People on here complain about Notre Dame getting in ahead of us, but people forget tOSU was also put in ahead of us despite them only having played 6 games…
AustinAg2K
zb008 said:

But they also beat 9-3 LSU, 10-2 Ole Miss, and 12-1 Georgia. They have by far the better resume in comparison to FSU.

FSU also beat LSU.
smithers14
AG
The games apparently don't matter. It's an invitational, not a playoff. CFP protected its brand and put money at the forefront of their decisions.
smithers14
AG
Walloped them to be precise. Like 42-25.
AggieInMichigan
Exactly this. Torpedos their whole %93QB was out%94 excuse. Morons should%92ve put FSU at 5-7 last week.
LB12Diamond
AG
Texas has ONLY won the Big 12 four times total. But in 3 of this 4 times played for the NC.

I'm not made or even jealous. Just calling political spade a spade.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Plus, I would argue that the committee ignored prior precedent in other to get their choices in. Criteria has changed each year to get the favored teams in. It's bull****.
Agree with that. Changing the rationale every year to get to the desired result has always been a big issue.
oneeyedag
Apparently you learned absolutely nothing from what just occurred. Winning? You have no business even using winning in your follow-up post. So you're saying a for example a #13 LSU team is better than #11 ole Miss or ND or PSU. Again it's all about bias Your still going to have the same issues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.