Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU AD

21,553 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by pinche gringo
R E L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff," Alford said. "And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose to evaluate performance on the field."
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.
deer corn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And so it begins
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would have used a lot more swear words
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How long term considering this is the last 4 team playoff?
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever, he pretty much just rehashed their mandate.
Post removed:
by user
zb008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If FSU played Bama's schedule, would they still be undefeated? Maybe ask that crybaby this question.
Heisenberg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where was all this hand ringing for A&M after 2020? Everyone sat back quiet then, so don't care about your school now.
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is the best euphemism for, "This is bull****," that I've ever read.
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The next acc ad meetings are going to must see tv with the committee chair being from nc state.
RogerFurlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should be a lawsuit coming. Would be interesting if they could get the committees emails and text messages in discovery.
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
riverrataggie said:

100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.


Except this is the final year of this system, so in reality it will have zero impact moving forward.

No one is going to give a **** about which 13th ranked two loss team is left out.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

RogerFurlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would have been undefeated. Prove me wrong.
R E L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zb008 said:

If FSU played Bama's schedule, would they still be undefeated? Maybe ask that crybaby this question.


Would sip?
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a fan of the game it completely makes me not want to watch anymore. Even the Ags. The entire fan base was just told it doesn't matter what you do on the field. Only who you play for. They took the 'sport' out of the sport.
Tergdor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should be mad. Even with a QB out, their defense is good enough to be competitive in any game.

They have a better SOR than Texas, their win this week was better than Texas's, and they were ranked above Texas last week. They're the first team to be dropped out of the top 4 rankings in the last week for winning.

The committee was scared to leave Texas out. And that's pathetic.
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Where was all this hand ringing for A&M after 2020? Everyone sat back quiet then, so don't care about your school now.


FSU is an undefeated conference champion. We didn't even win our division because we got blown out in our one loss. Not even comparable.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very well stated.
Only Fans Director
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 12 team playoff has discrete rules on who gets in.

Next year all the P5 conference champs get in and the rest is based on rankings.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
jb6092
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have heard of ears ringing but hand ringing is a new one. Is it a side effect of the covid vaccine?
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last shred of credibility college football had just went out the window. Congratulations dimwits! You've proven you have no integrity.
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Where was all this hand ringing for A&M after 2020? Everyone sat back quiet then, so don't care about your school now.

We weren't undefeated conference champs…
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
R E L said:

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff," Alford said. "And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose to evaluate performance on the field."
this statement is wrong

no proven performance with backup QB's
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Greetings said:

riverrataggie said:

100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.
This will be a blip on the consciousness of college football fans within 2 years. No one thought FSU had a chance in hell to win the championship, and with the 12 team starting, all previous in/out controversies will get mostly lost to history.


Get your point, but when you take the 'sport' out of the sport it's gonna have consequences
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zb008 said:

If FSU played Bama's schedule, would they still be undefeated? Maybe ask that crybaby this question.


Bama played Bama's schedule and wasn't undefeated and looked bad in many games. People already forget it took a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team two weeks ago.
zb008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you guys want to see the 4 best teams, or a team without a quarterback get stomped? I'd much rather watch a full-strength Bama team.
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

R E L said:

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff," Alford said. "And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose to evaluate performance on the field."
this statement is wrong

no proven performance with backup QB's


2-0 including a win over the #14 team.
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
riverrataggie said:

As a fan of the game it completely makes me not want to watch anymore. Even the Ags. The entire fan base was just told it doesn't matter what you do on the field. Only who you play for. They took the 'sport' out of the sport.


Exactly. So next time when someone say "Doesn't matter, just win" I'll laugh my ass off.
zb008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But they also beat 9-3 LSU, 10-2 Ole Miss, and 12-1 Georgia. They have by far the better resume in comparison to FSU.
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The committee was just trying to spread it around and they screwed up. Sip schedule was weak and one game win over Alabama was the key. Georgia is the team that got screwed.
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greetings said:

riverrataggie said:

100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.
This will be a blip on the consciousness of college football fans within 2 years. No one thought FSU had a chance in hell to win the championship, and with the 12 team starting, all previous in/out controversies will get mostly lost to history.

No one thought…I'm going to suggest we allow losers in the "playoffs" to advance because we "think" they have a better chance to win.
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

riverrataggie said:

100% spot on. This will have an impact long term.


Except this is the final year of this system, so in reality it will have zero impact moving forward.

No one is going to give a **** about which 13th ranked two loss team is left out.
Really? Next year it will be the 12th spot causing this type of unfairness.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.