Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Crossing the line

14,417 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by smithers14
RogerFurlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Felony charges for what? If they didn't steal it, I don't get the big deal.
Gunny456
AG
I have a place in the Ozarks. Raise cattle there. Well aware of what they do when they die. We are colder than Stillwater right now and had a cow breach in the pasture Thanksgiving week. Found her by buzzards. Bloated and stink before we burried her next day.
We don't usually hang animals with guts still in them…. No matter the temp.
Moral High Horse
Magneto
AG
FH video caught a truck dumping it off in the yard and they got the license plates……plus it has two bullet holes in its skull
91AggieLawyer
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Obligatory let the investigation run its course. Would not be surprised to learn a sip fan is behind this and trying to place blame on OK state.

Agree totally with the bolded part. Doubtful on the rest. Multiple people had to have been involved to move it and with street cams everywhere, its an easy catch for the authorities unless they hid their identities and vehicle very well -- doubtful on that, too.
Gunny456
AG
Yep. Found in the pasture dead. Bullet holes will cause that.
StinkyPinky
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

Obligatory let the investigation run its course. Would not be surprised to learn a sip fan is behind this and trying to place blame on OK state.

Agree totally with the bolded part. Doubtful on the rest. Multiple people had to have been involved to move it and with street cams everywhere, its an easy catch for the authorities unless they hid their identities and vehicle very well -- doubtful on that, too.
No doubt someone will be on a camera somewhere. Too many street cameras, ring cameras, security cameras, etc. that will be the investigators first go to. Doubt it will take them long to crack this one.

Edit: Didn't read the comments above this, looks like the video evidence is already been found.
Magneto
AG
Ya this an utterly disgraceful situation.
MagnumLoad
IDGAS
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
greg.w.h
AG
Pilot Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

But is it still okay to grill Bevo or not…

If you owned him in the beginning yes.
So when the rural legend of Aggies grilling Bevo occurred or the one of us branding 13-10 on Bevo occurred those were felonies?
Fatboy Thaddeus
Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
Jawbreaker
Magneto said:

FH video caught a truck dumping it off in the yard and they got the license plates……plus it has two bullet holes in its skull
Yeah thats a 10k fine by the state, and those coast like 40k a pop, plus the rules in OK about cattle theft go hard.

Please let it be a sip. Okie lite folk know better.
Jawbreaker
greg.w.h said:

Pilot Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

But is it still okay to grill Bevo or not…

If you owned him in the beginning yes.
So when the rural legend of Aggies grilling Bevo occurred or the one of us branding 13-10 on Bevo occurred those were felonies?
No, it wasn't until we cooked it that state schools mascots became state property.
B-1 83
AG
This ranks up there with hanging a dead skunk under Corp Staff dorm…….
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Gateman
AG
Quote:

According to the OK State Probs Twitter account, the two frats have been placing dead animals in front of each other's houses, and took it too far:
"I've had Farmhouse and AGR guys DM me, as well as other numerous sources. Essentially, there has been a rivalry between AGR and FH for a LONG time, and there have always been harmless pranks.
In the last couple months, both frats began throwing dead animals (squirrels, raccoons, etc.) on each other's lawn. The steer was already dead on the land of one of the AGR member's grandparents land. *I'm assuming the grandparents asked their grandson to remove of the dead steer and he called his friends to help* which lead to all of this.
Magneto
AG
The steaks are high with this event
Athanasius
AG
Pagans
Magneto
AG
A lot of folks are milking this…….
Bluto
AG
Who really cares what they're doing up there? As long as they didn't steal it from someone, then it can be classified as a prank done in poor taste/gone too far. They're kids. Kids do stupid ch!t. No need for someone to get a felony on their record for this.

If they stole the animal, then that's a different story. But it sounds like that may not be the case.
Gator92
AG
NVM
TAMU74
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Great parenting Mom and Dad.
True "Parenting" died a long time ago.
I would have never thought of doing such a horrible act because I knew the price I would pay.
It's not all on the parents though much of it is..
You can blame the society we are liviing in for sometime now.
No fear of prosecution for many unlawful acts that are happening every day in this country.
zafzo
The Banned said:

rsf0626 said:

Uh yeah this is going too far. Those kids are going to get arrested

We kill and consume millions of cows a year. I'm not saying this shouldn't have ramifications, but prison time? That's insane
Depends on if they killed it or found it already dead imo. If they killed the animal just for a prank, I have no issues with some jail time.

If they found it dead they should pay whatever is required and get some community service time in animal shelters.
smithers14
AG
This has been blown out of proportion but that doesn't surprise me with todays society and MSM.

It was already dead.

Did they cross the line slitting its gut? Yes.

Do they deserve criminal charges? No.
Gunny456
AG
Then it would be okay with you if someone dumps a dead steer in your yard. You just blow it off as kids just having fun?
I know what my dad would have done to me….. I would rather take a month in jail.
Gunny456
AG
This.
Magneto
AG
It behooves us to learn from this
smithers14
AG
Where in my comment did I state "blow it off as kids just having fun?" I don't condone their actions but some of these reactions are absurd. Let's wait and get the whole story before we start calling for the end of some 20 year olds lives before they even begin. But glad you've admitted you have daddy issues
OrygunAg
AG
I have no beef with kids doing stupid things.
bmeaggie
AG
Slicer97 said:

Yeah, if it was found dead and they just branded it and moved it for a prank, hit 'em with a fine and community service. Anything more is ridiculous.
What is the crime for taking a dead animal carcass and leaving it on another property that's not yours? Every time my dog kills an opossum/cat/squirrel/rabbit/cat in the back yard, I just chunk it over the fence onto the vacant lot behind me. Guess I better lawyer up!
TX AG 88
AG
Seen one dead cow, seen 'em all.
QB1
AG
A dead cow? That's it OP? No more?

Wussification of America!!!!

We once bought a dead pigs head from a butcher, mounted it on a pole with clothes underneath, snuck into a girls cabin and staged it in the middle of the room - then with a strobe light and metallica playing we woke all the girls up. This prank is weak and lacking substance!
Gunny456
AG
Yea He taught me right from wrong, honesty and integrity and to respect your neighbor. He also taught me that doing wrong has his consequences. He was a LEO for 38 years and saw a lot of this kind of BS and a lot of kids go wrong and end up in really bad circumstances…mainly due to never being disciplined at home…. Or for paying for their mistakes to learn a life lesson.
If you call that daddy issues so be it. I'm glad I was brought up that way.
DecadePlan
AG
A better punishment would be to make 'em drive around with it until it's all skull.
Gunny456
AG
Now that's a good idea
Brat86
AG
Back in the day we killed bevo and invited the sips to the bbq…
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.