Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Crossing the line

14,421 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by smithers14
tamc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fine line between red ass and dumb ass.

I am certain I crossed it many times, but maybe not to this level.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
the4aces
AG
Don't like this.

What is the difference between this and 13-0 Bevo?
KCup17
AG
the4aces said:

Don't like this.

One was done by the good guys and the other wasn't
Sharpshooter
AG
the4aces said:

Don't like this.

One was slaughter and the other was simply a branding?
5 Dollar Footlong
Hell I always assumed that was the state sport of Mobilhoma.
LB12Diamond
AG
The Banned said:

rsf0626 said:

Uh yeah this is going too far. Those kids are going to get arrested

We kill and consume millions of cows a year. I'm not saying this shouldn't have ramifications, but prison time? That's insane

This

They should have to pay premium for the value of the animal. Maybe double or triple its value.

Steer was probably going to be sent to the slaughter house in a month or two anyway.
KCup17
AG
I thought it was land thieving following by cow tipping
He is Ass My Dude
A lot of jumping to conclusions, as usual, here.
Ag Tag
"Oh, George, not the livestock!"
Lone Stranger
Here all you arm chair lawyers go for your reference about potential charges;

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/local/texas-am-corps-of-cadet-members-leave-dead-dog-on-drill-field/499-124811334
Dr. Nefario

HOLY ****H!
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
Slicer97
AG
LB12Diamond said:

The Banned said:

rsf0626 said:

Uh yeah this is going too far. Those kids are going to get arrested

We kill and consume millions of cows a year. I'm not saying this shouldn't have ramifications, but prison time? That's insane

This

They should have to pay premium for the value of the animal. Maybe double or triple its value.

Steer was probably going to be sent to the slaughter house in a month or two anyway.

If it was dead when they found it, it was headed to the bone yard and was worth $0.00.
smithers14
AG
Jesus no one asked for your life story but clearly you had to get it out on a non football thread that's unrelated to A&M glad you found your soap box finally. Now do mommy
FriscoKid
AG
Slicer97 said:

Yeah, if it was found dead and they just branded it and moved it for a prank, hit 'em with a fine and community service. Anything more is ridiculous.

Thousands of cows are killed every day and we eat them breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Since when is this a felony?
TRADUCTOR
I am still on the fence about- no more pranks with roadkill.
Gunny456
AG
No Ag Tag rook. Figures
Bluto
AG
C'mon bud, you gotta admit the last thing he said was funny! He could've gone with "lighten up Francis"

Point is, it's not as big of a deal as you're making it, in my opinion. It appears 2 student organizations have an ongoing prank war going on, and this was part of it. Were you part of any student organizations back in your day, and were there any pranks pulled?

Now, if these kids had dumped a dead steer in some random person's yard, it would be a different story. That would be more of a mean spirited act, and I would share your opinion on it.
smithers14
AG
There ya go. Fixed my account finally. Lighten up Gunny. Does that make you feel better that it's coming from a fellow Ag?
smithers14
AG
I laughed

Glad someone else gets it. College kids pulling stupid pranks that took it a step too far. But some of these loons on here calling for felony charges and other creative punishments is absurd.
Kenneth_2003
AG
greg.w.h said:

Pilot Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

But is it still okay to grill Bevo or not…

If you owned him in the beginning yes.
So when the rural legend of Aggies grilling Bevo occurred or the one of us branding 13-10 on Bevo occurred those were felonies?

My father has a story when he was at A&M c/o 64. Don't recall what year he said this happened, doubt 63 with the Kennedy assassination and cancelling bonfire.

Says he was in his room and heard commotion on the quad. A truck driving slowly and honking, guys chanting, "We have Bevo!" Said in the ending days they had hid the animal and it disappeared again, they were begging anyone with info on where the steer was to come forward and help find it. They were facing serious criminal charges. Cattle rustling is taken very seriously.

A gentleman I lease grazing to had herds get mixed up when a fence was torn up. Neighbor later accused him of stealing a cow. He was tied up in a legal mess more costly than the cow and her future calves. Even with records on that animal.

Gunny456
AG
First off if you read my post I never advocated or said they should get charged with a felony or sent to prison. My statement was that if they killed the steer and then hauled it to dump on the yard they need to have more consequences
against them than a BS small fine and "community service."
You then attacked me with a smart ass remark about "daddy issues" cause you think it was a cute remark…..and then go further with "whole life story" and "mommy" deal … again trying to say something cute and clever.
Then you call other Aggies on here "loons" because they don't agree with you.
No, actually I'm disappointed that an Aggie grad has to call a fellow Aggie names and demean them on a forum. We can all agree or disagree on issues without that.
Carry on.
AstroAggie00
Just to clear the air: the steer belonged to one of the frat guys' grandfather. It died in the pasture and the grandpa called his grandson to come get it. Instead of burying it, he decided it would be funnier to brand it and dump it in the lawn of their rival frat, who had been dumping dead squirrels and raccoons in their yard. It had nothing to do with the game tomorrow, contrary to what every media platform in America is making it sound like. The kids are probably going to face charges and have their frat kicked off campus though.
Kenneth_2003
AG
That would certainly explain A LOT.
My first thoughts regarding the "found dead in a field" like were:
Where in a field? Near a fence? Close to a gate? Visible from the road? How did they get into said field, unlocked gate? No one saw them drive a truck into said field? How do you load a 6-700lb or more cow? Sure it's doable, but it's not a small, quick, you and a couple buddies grab and go.

The story above makes a lot more sense. Rather than use grandpas back hoe to dig a hole, he used it to load up the animal.
Bluto
AG
AstroAggie00 said:

The kids are probably going to face charges and have their frat kicked off campus though.

Overkill. Hope that doesn't happen.
Gyles Marrett
AstroAggie00 said:

Just to clear the air: the steer belonged to one of the frat guys' grandfather. It died in the pasture and the grandpa called his grandson to come get it. Instead of burying it, he decided it would be funnier to brand it and dump it in the lawn of their rival frat, who had been dumping dead squirrels and raccoons in their yard. It had nothing to do with the game tomorrow, contrary to what every media platform in America is making it sound like. The kids are probably going to face charges and have their frat kicked off campus though.

Just randomly died at pasture with bullet holes in its head. I just hate it when that happens. Even some steers have dirt on the Clinton's apparently.
DecadePlan
AG
That's helluva misfortune, to run into a couple of stray bullets as you're dying of natural causes.

Can we NOT all agree on gun control for angry heifers?
74AnimalA
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

TAMU74 said:

Where was this and what happened?
From what I can gather, I believe it was left out front of a sip frat house...and it seems pretty obvious what happened.
IF YOU BOTHER to look at the Tweet, there is a letter posted by the OSU "FarmHouse" Fraternity. The dead animal had "**** FH" branded on it.

DecadePlan
AG
74AnimalA said:

Gyles Marrett said:

TAMU74 said:

Where was this and what happened?
From what I can gather, I believe it was left out front of a sip frat house...and it seems pretty obvious what happened.
IF YOU BOTHER to look at the Tweet, there is a letter posted by the OSU "FarmHouse" Fraternity. The dead animal had "**** FH" branded on it.

While you're being indignant, the post said "from what I can gather" and was made VERY early in the story. None of us knew what FH meant at the time that tweet was posted here and it sounded like this was in Austin. Very soon after Gayle's' post we started to realize this was in Stillwater and that FH mean "Farmhouse"
smithers14
AG
Wow you found a way to outdo your previous rant. Now I'm really intrigued. "Attacked" you? Jesus Christ Gunny grow up. You're a grown a$$ man. Do you need a safe space to go crawl in because I threw some harmless humor at you? You should change your username to Gunny Charmin because of how soft you are. Just out of curiosity were you/are you gunny? Because every gunny I've ever worked with would have taken the harmless banter and dished it right back at me.

I'm fine with others disagreeing with me but loon is still the correct term for someone (ag or non ag) calling for felony charges on some college kids that pushed a prank a bit too far.

Carry on Aye Sir

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.