Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Pate Video

6,650 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Sbisa Chef
whytho987654
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Josh Pate On Texas A&M Coaching Search Intel (Late Kick Cut) - YouTube

Says that there are candidates that we don't even know are candidates, should get spicy
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
So he has no idea, but is pretending to know something that we don't.
mandevilleag
Of course there are! If you look back 2 years ago to the LSU search, did anyone even guess Brian Kelly was on the radar? Nobody here knows anything, and none of the talking heads know anything.
aggiebrad94
AG
But do the candidates we don't know about know that we don't about them and do they know whether we will ever know about them?
ElephantRider
AG
Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Pate has literally no clue what he's talking about?
Wabs
AG
ElephantRider said:

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Pate has literally no clue what he's talking about?
95Ag
AG
Groundbreaking
ElephantRider
AG
Wabs said:

ElephantRider said:

Not just this situation, like in general he is clueless
rgag12
AG
ElephantRider said:

He knows what he's talking about in the sense that he knows he can never be proven wrong.

It's like the poster who will come on here and say he's plugged into the coaching search and if we knew what he knew we'd be really excited, then never give any specifics. Get all the clout and none of the risk.
The Banned
Watch us go hire Sark away from Austin
AggieDub04
AG
Not many people KNOW things, but he's more plugged in than 99% of the pundits out there.
oldcrow91
AG
I'm plugged into the coaching search and if y'all knew what I knew, y'all would be really depressed.
greg.w.h
AG
When you get told no a lot…
Wabs
AG
Bjork said last night on the ESPN interview that the next contract would be an incentive-laden one. To me that means we are looking at hiring a younger coach, probably an up and coming OC of some sort (like the Georgia DC). Big name, established coaches aren't signing that kind of contract.
2thFixinAg
Bound to be Spurrier. just a few years later than was predicted.
WolfCall
AG
Pate ringing the death knell on Flight Aware identifying coach candidates.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ElephantRider said:

I've never understood why anyone cares what he has to say, he sunshine pumps every school he talks about.
Robert L. Peters
Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

That's all sports journalism is any way.
rgag12
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ElephantRider said:

I've never understood why anyone cares what he has to say, he sunshine pumps every school he talks about.

The same reason why I come here when I know 99.9% of y'all don't know anything.
Sbisa Chef
Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

No. He says "We" (reference to Texas A&M) have candidates that "We" (reference to TexAgs) don't even know are candidates. They're talking to people, but "We" (reference to TexAgs) don't know who they are because they're so far off the radar that it's beyond our comprehension.

Probably someone like Randy Allen, or Kevin Hoffman.

Gotta expand our thinking to include GREAT coaches that are off our radar because they're not coaching Power5 teams..
pbaitman
I like his takes, and think he is spot on. It doesn't matter we haven't won anything, which in some ways is appealing to many, I mean who wants to follow Saban. We are rich and have a good fan base, especially when we are winning. Second to none. I just hope we can retain the key players and ER for sure. Mass exodus would not be good and could set us back a ways. We are on the cusp and yes we list so many close games, which is why find a good coach and we get over the hump.
ElephantRider
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ElephantRider said:

This. He's popular because he kisses everyone's ass and tells them what they want to hear
cr0wbar
AG
Lol - so by your logic he doesn't know ANYTHING because he's not sharing ANYTHING that he's heard. Guess he's completely clueless. Tell me you're a casual without telling me you're a casual.
Fatboy Thaddeus
ElephantRider said:

If you think about the overlap b/w the set of coaches he hinted would be in play (unexpectedly) with the caliber of coach we're requiring now, I figure it must mean either:
  • just a few P5 HCs: M Stoops, Wilingham, Rhule, Fleck? (anyone else?),
  • an absolute slam-dunk OC or DC from someplace where the HC is not on the table (tOSU, UGA, Bama, PSU?), or
  • an NFL HC

So in material terms it's only informative IMO if it's one of the P5 HCs above. Which would add support to your point, ElephantRider

What I did like about it is that it -- specifically the 0u->USCw Riley analogy -- likely head-faked a lot of out-of-region cheesed**k listeners into finally grasping that the A&M position would be no less of a draw than any other imaginable CFB HC opening.
StinkyPinky
AG
Wabs said:

Bjork said last night on the ESPN interview that the next contract would be an incentive-laden one. To me that means we are looking at hiring a younger coach, probably an up and coming OC of some sort (like the Georgia DC). Big name, established coaches aren't signing that kind of contract.
Heard that as well. Interesting comment that I interpreted the same as you.
AggieDub04
AG
ElephantRider said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

ElephantRider said:

This. He's popular because he kisses everyone's ass and tells them what they want to hear
He was pretty blunt last year mid-season that the offense was terrible and wouldn't get better until the off season. He basically told Missouri they're not a top tier team. He pumps some teams but he's also honest when a team's not good. He didn't hype Notre Dame like this a few years ago when Kelly left.
heavily intoxtricated
Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

Exactly
RightWingConspirator
AG
I've been part of TexAgs since before Fran was chosen. Unfortunately, this has become the highlight of A&M football - the choosing of new coaches. I don't remember anyone seeing the Jimbo hire when it was announced. I may have missed it, but that hire came out of nowhere.
20ag07
Quote:

Not many people KNOW things, but he's more plugged in than 99% of the pundits out there.
Lol, name one way he has shown he's "plugged in" to what goes on at A&M.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
he said flight aware isnt relevant anymore
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Who is this guy? Just a guy with a youtube channel?
Ag Tag
Maybe it'll be that loud coach who yells all the time, he's an assistant at Georgia and used to be an assistant at Alabama.
Gyles Marrett
ElephantRider said:

There are a lot of people in this world that get by their entire careers in their profession simply because they can say things confidently like they know what they're talking about, yet they're complete morons. Not saying Pate is a moron. But he's certainly very good about saying things confidently like they're certainties to be true.
txaggie79
AG
Randy Allen is 73 years old and never coached in college. Great HS coach, though!
Indianrider
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Bound to be Spurrier. just a few years later than was predicted.
LOSER
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.