Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Pate Video

6,633 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Sbisa Chef
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is one main reason Jimbo did not succeed and that is he failed to adapt and adjust. Which happens to be the same reason Stallings was fired and Bellard resigned mid season. Even RC, our good friend, did not adapt. Then came Fran who should have been successful but he got into a hole and could not get out. Then Sherman, a good man, but he also did not adapt on D. Could not stop anybody. Next is Sumlin who basically inherited some stock but blew it by not maintaining awareness and control of the team. The Kenny Hill disaster was incredible and he never recovered.

Could they have succeed? Sure but they did not. Perhaps Jimbo's contract allowed him to be comfortable and cavalier. It is a darn shame that stubbornness of this list of former coaches caused us all to fail.
hgc159
ElephantRider said:

Wabs said:

ElephantRider said:

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Pate has literally no clue what he's talking about?

Not just this situation, like in general he is clueless
You mean like when he discussed the prestige of the A&M head coaching job?
LitreBoy
AG
All signs point to Jimmy Johnson in my circle of people that are "in the know".
Eliminatus
AG
rgag12 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

ElephantRider said:

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Pate has literally no clue what he's talking about?

I've never understood why anyone cares what he has to say, he sunshine pumps every school he talks about.

The same reason why I come here when I know 99.9% of y'all don't know anything.

This board as a collective is CRIMINALLY stupid (and that includes me) when it comes to hot takes. Y'all remember all the "Slider Murray is going to fail at Oklahoma! Can't believe they took him" and then pivot to fail in the regular season, then pivot to fail to get them to the CFP race, then the Heisman race, then the NFL…

Just one case of many.
fightintxaggie10
AG
ElephantRider said:

I think people that even kind of feel this way definitely don't know what they're talking about. He's the best person in all of media covering college football and it isn't even close.
fightintxaggie10
AG
That's the same conclusion I came to. That's exactly what happened.
Buck Nasty
AG
Texas A&M hires Artificial Intelligence as next HC
Evanhue
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Bound to be Spurrier. just a few years later than was predicted.
Now we're talking!
Hungry Ojos
Bingo, I've been saying this for thirty years. We have the dumbest fan base in all of college sports. It's so effing bad. I'm going to get blasted for this, but we are worse (as a fan base) than Baylor. At least Baylor knows they're Baylor.
Buzzkill
ElephantRider said:

Not just this situation, like in general he is clueless

I have never understood the attraction of pate. He's no forgetting than any other talking head
Bunkhouse96
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Bingo, I've been saying this for thirty years. We have the dumbest fan base in all of college sports. It's so effing bad. I'm going to get blasted for this, but we are worse (as a fan base) than Baylor. At least Baylor knows they're Baylor.

A- Every fanbase is just as dumb.
B- Baylor doesn't know they are Baylor that's what makes them so Baylory
-------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, try doing what your teacher told you to do the first time.
Sbisa Chef
txaggie79 said:

Randy Allen is 73 years old and never coached in college. Great HS coach, though!
He's still actively coaching (at Highland Park, Dallas), and has a record of 435-94-6. Because he's never coached college doesn't mean anything. He should be looked at.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.