Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

South Carolina is making a lot of noise about . . .

13,207 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by halfastros81
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clempson being admitted to the SEC. Says it will really hurt their SEC advantage in recruiting. Interesting parallel to our exact same reason for not wanting tu in the SEC. Snakey hid their admittance from the powers that be at Texas A&M. I was told this directly by an A&M Board of Regents member at the time.

We were always told that every school in any SEC state state would have a concrete opportunity to prevent any school from the same state being admitted to this conference. This rule did not work for A&M. Maybe because the whole thing was done to us surreptitiously.

At least South Carolina knows in advance what is happening. We were not given the opportunity to even object.

If Clemson is refused admittance, it will only deepen the pain of how Snakey and the SEC treated us and reaffirm that Texas has the power to get things done that no one else has. Double standard of justice ! It will eventually get down into the on field officiating, like the always spreading infection of tu.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Sneaky Snakey gonna sneaky snake.
Sponge
AG
USCe could try not sucking. That should make them a more attractive place to play than Clemson regardless of what conference they are in.
Bryanisbest
AG
Sponge said:

USCe could try not sucking. That should make them a more attractive place to play than Clemson regardless of what conference they are in.

USCe "sucking" is no reason to abolish a gentleman's agreement. Rules apply to everyone, even those who suck. Heck, we suck a lot too. Does that give another school the right to run roughshod over us? No, it should not.
The Collective
AG
What recruiting advantage do they have?
Reno Hightower
Boo ****ing Hoo, chickens. Bring'm on!
TAMU74
AG
A double standard of justice is the norm in the United States.
Just look around it's everywhere.
Always has been.
Always will.
Bryanisbest
AG
TAMU74 said:

A double standard of justice is the norm in the United States.
Just look around it's everywhere.
Always has been.
Always will.

Absolutely correct!
Bryanisbest
AG
The Collective said:

What recruiting advantage do they have?

The SEC v the ACC which is considerable.
The Collective
AG
I suppose. Seems like Clemson has recruited just fine comparatively to them.
HoustonAg2021
Poor cocks. they voted for tu and boomer to join so who cares. Add clemson for them and add FSU for Florida. They opened this door almost as much as Sankey with their votes. Heck add a north carolina school to rival kentucky at basketball for all I care about the rest of the sec schools.
CC00
AG
FSU and Clemson coming in over SC and Florida would be perfect.
Bill Superman
AG
We need to lobby to make it happen, also with FSU.
Triple-T
AG
If you people think that the SEC is going to deny entry to a multiple National Championship program to appease the recruiting advantages of lowly South Carolina, you are beyond highly delusional.
NyAggie
AG
if schools like usce were so worried about schools from their own states joining then they should have voted no to tu and ou joining.

if clemson is admitted it's on them.

boo ****ing hoo you had the chance to stop oall of this when tu was joing and instead went for the money grab and whatever line of bull**** snakey gave you.

God, I hope more than anything that clemson gets in and the usce program falls into permanent obscurity

TexAgs23
BigDave21 said:

Poor cocks. they voted for tu and boomer to join so who cares. Add clemson for them and add FSU for Florida. They opened this door almost as much as Sankey with their votes. Heck add a north carolina school to rival kentucky at basketball for all I care about the rest of the sec schools.

100%
agnerd
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Snakey hid their admittance from the powers that be at Texas A&M. I was told this directly by an A&M Board of Regents member at the time.
Was this the one regent that voted against allowing t.u. in? If it wasn't, you should have asked why the regent voted in favor. Don't forget, our leadership voted 8-1 to allow t.u. in!!! We should be mad at our regents more than Sankey for allowing this to happen AND SUPPORTING the decision with their vote. If SC wants Clemson out of the conference and their leadership will vote against allowing Clemson in, they should get a lot more consideration on the decision than what we got. Don't forget: WE VOTED FOR t.u. TO JOIN OUR CONFERENCE!!!
Pizza
BigDave21 said:

Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
Aginnebraska
AG
agnerd said:

Bryanisbest said:

Snakey hid their admittance from the powers that be at Texas A&M. I was told this directly by an A&M Board of Regents member at the time.
Was this the one regent that voted against allowing t.u. in? If it wasn't, you should have asked why the regent voted in favor. Don't forget, our leadership voted 8-1 to allow t.u. in!!! We should be mad at our regents more than Sankey for allowing this to happen AND SUPPORTING the decision with their vote. If SC wants Clemson out of the conference and their leadership will vote against allowing Clemson in, they should get a lot more consideration on the decision than what we got. Don't forget: WE VOTED FOR t.u. TO JOIN OUR CONFERENCE!!!
How our regents voted didn't matter. Regents were voting for how our single SEC representative at would vote. Given the mood of other SEC members on the tu/OU admittance, it was already a 'done deal'. By BoR voting in favor, it simply made A&M look more gracious (like it was our choice) instead of powerless (which was the real situation).
TX AG 88
AG
Triple-T said:

If you people think that the SEC is going to deny entry to a multiple National Championship program to appease the recruiting advantages of lowly South Carolina, you are beyond highly delusional.

mirror mirror on the wall
lagoag
It's not like Clemson didn't win a NC because they weren't in the SEC. USCe has sucked at recruiting since we've been in the league I don't see anything changing for them. Boo Hoo for the cocks, now they will know how it feels to have their biggest rival join the SEC. Hopefully Florida will get the same treatment.
bv86ag
AG
Makes you think Snakey already had more than just one expansion planned when admitting t.u. and OU.
He knew this would happen eventually. And he was already way ahead of the game.
alamogeorge
AG
That dang Clempson.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Chester
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Clempson being admitted to the SEC. Says it will really hurt their SEC advantage in recruiting. Interesting parallel to our exact same reason for not wanting tu in the SEC. Snakey hid their admittance from the powers that be at Texas A&M. I was told this directly by an A&M Board of Regents member at the time.

We were always told that every school in any SEC state state would have a concrete opportunity to prevent any school from the same state being admitted to this conference. This rule did not work for A&M. Maybe because the whole thing was done to us surreptitiously.

At least South Carolina knows in advance what is happening. We were not given the opportunity to even object.

If Clemson is refused admittance, it will only deepen the pain of how Snakey and the SEC treated us and reaffirm that Texas has the power to get things done that no one else has. Double standard of justice ! It will eventually get down into the on field officiating, like the always spreading infection of tu.
Chester
eATMup-Reveille
All other P5 schools can go to Hell!!
Ag Tag
Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt don't seem to have any problems with two schools from each state being members of the conference?
Logos Stick
I heard from a reliable source the FSU is going to the big 10. In fact, the announcement is imminent.
halfastros81
AG
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the conference chose not to honor the gentlemen's agreement we had , then the same should go for them. They voted for tu (and OU) admittance. I know we did as well which I have to say I don't completely understand but it happened like it happened.
fulshearAg96
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Sponge said:

USCe "sucking" is no reason to abolish a gentleman's agreement. Rules apply to everyone, even those who suck. Heck, we suck a lot too. Does that give another school the right to run roughshod over us? No, it should not.

Every time we bring up the "gentleman's agreement" we look like idiots.
rootube
AG
A better argument for SC is that Clemson sucks like us now so why do we need another average team from South Carolina?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
F them. They can bend over liked we did.
JJxvi
AG
Everybody voted to let Texas in. If the gentleman's agreement ever existed or if it had any teeth, then that vote could have only been 7-7 or 6-8 and it wasn't.
Bryanisbest
AG
Ag Tag said:

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt don't seem to have any problems with two schools from each state being members of the conference?

All they got in before the agreement if there was an agreement.
The Zookeeper
AG
Pretty sure we all feel the same way here. F-em. F-em hard.
Wake me up when next year is finally THIS year.
McInnis80
Clemson leads the series over South Carolina 72-43-4. This is one of few states i can think of where the Land Grant school has a huge lead over the State University. Despite good fan support, South Carolina has one conference championship and has never been to a major bowl game.

Sankey is going to do what is in the best interest of the conference, and adding FSU and Clemson would block the Big 10 from the deep South and bring eyeballs. If he was willing to screw over the largest school in the SEC, you can bet he has no qualms about hosing South Carolina.

My question is why would ESPN pay the SEC for two schools they already have under contract for a long time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.