Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

South Carolina is making a lot of noise about . . .

13,211 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by halfastros81
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sponge said:

USCe could try not sucking. That should make them a more attractive place to play than Clemson regardless of what conference they are in.

We have no room to talk
Aggieair
p8aggie said:

After Snakey let tu in the conference I think every state in the conference should have 2 schools in the SEC, if possible. That means adding the following schools:
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Florida St.
Oklahoma St.

Arkansas has LSU since both of those states suck too much to support 2 real schools.
Add Kansas to pair with Missouri.

Nah, screw 'em. Bring in Arkansas St and Tulane while you're at it. Bring in Southern Miss, UAB, and Memphis too. Screw 'em all.
gigemags-99
AG
Chester
AG
Bryanisbest said:

merch said:

Not this again. We voted yes to TU. We cannot complain.

Only after it was inevitable.
100% correct
Chester
Pumpkinhead
AG
Yes, Clemson and Florida State will probably both eventually be in the SEC. Just business, not personal. I guess some Ags though will keep whining because whining is how they react to decisions they disagree with.
Bryanisbest
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Yes, Clemson and Florida State will probably both eventually be in the SEC. Just business, not personal. I guess some Ags though will keep whining because whining is how they react to decisions they disagree with.

Overall, I agree with you. I don't object to any of those teams entering SEC now that the horse is out of the barn. That is the only way to go now that we have already be screwed. Heck, everybody else should get screwed to like we did. The point of my topic was to call attention to the SC/Clemson situation because it is just the same as our position when Texas was let in. Some more things will now be learned about Sankey and the SEC insider programs which teamed up to screw us.

But if Clempson is refused entry because of USCe noise we will sure learn a lot from that too. Namely, that we were uniquely screwed when others in same situation will not be.
halfastros81
AG
I think we should have voted against tu/OU coming in even if it was inevitable. Go on record that "we tried to warn you". Sure, we'd have been painted as recalcitrants but so what?

Scar should do the same if it comes to that. Clemson already outrecruits Scar tho and so did they really have the advantage they claim being in the SEC? I think it did help us some to be the sole SEC member in Texas but now we just need to deal with it and it seems like we are doing just fine.
Lonestar-aught-six
Was no issue when they did it to us…bring in Clemson, FSU, and Miami.
halfastros81
AG
No Miami. Not a fit imo.
Voice Of Reason 11
Pumpkinhead said:

My problem with the additions of Texas and OU is that it signaled that the SEC has no real strategy to expansion. The SEC has always had strategy when it comes to expansion until Sankey.

The BIG has a clear game plan, they want to be NFL lite. That's why they expanded the way they did and why their TV deals are set up the way they are. There's not a single school out there that would choose the SEC over the BIG at this point and that includes Texas and OU who would bolt for the BIG in a heartbeat if they got an invite.

IMO, the BIG's ultimate goal is to be able to pay their own players and break away from the NCAA (at least in football) and have their own league playoffs. Essentially, they're slowly forming a college super league. The SEC has no real goal and I think they were caught completely off guard by what the BIG did and don't know what to do now.
Maroon Dawn
AG
**** all of them

A&M is ready to vote yes on Clemson, Miami, FSU, Louisville, GT, UNC and anyone else in an existing SEC state or who would be a detriment to an existing SEC program
BBRex
AG
Of course, the Big 10 has a lot more chaff than the SEC, too. They might be a little watered down.
greg.w.h
AG
halfastros81 said:

No Miami. Not a fit imo.
Better than OU and AAU to boot.
90ags
Triple-T said:

If you people think that the SEC is going to deny entry to a multiple National Championship program to appease the recruiting advantages of lowly South Carolina, you are beyond highly delusional.

Exactly the reason they allowed tu and Ou into SEC against our wishes.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
halfastros81
AG
Can't fill a stadium . Thug T-shirt fans. Accreditation means exactly nothing in an athletic conference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.