Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

South Carolina is making a lot of noise about . . .

13,277 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by halfastros81
McInnis80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Logos Stick said:

I heard from a reliable source the FSU is going to the big 10. In fact, the announcement is imminent.
If that happens, it would mean that the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and SEC would have schools in Florida.
JJxvi
AG
The problem with the gentleman's agreement, is that probably only 5 schools really care. Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, and us. Is Arkansas, LSU, or Missouri scared of anybody actually getting invited from their state? Doubtful. So you got 5 votes out of 14 you could rely on, what good is it?
Bryanisbest
AG
By the time the surreptitious horse was out of the barn, and the votes of a privileged few in favor, there was no way the BOR could vote against it. Too late. Diplomacy was all they had left.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
McInnis80 said:

Logos Stick said:

I heard from a reliable source the FSU is going to the big 10. In fact, the announcement is imminent.
If that happens, it would mean that the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and SEC would have schools in Florida.

Actually not that surprising based on the recruiting potential and demographic shifts.

What's more surprising is that the BIG10 isn't trying to do the same to Texas. SEC big12 and ACC are already here.
Bryanisbest
AG
agnerd said:

Bryanisbest said:

Snakey hid their admittance from the powers that be at Texas A&M. I was told this directly by an A&M Board of Regents member at the time.
Was this the one regent that voted against allowing t.u. in? If it wasn't, you should have asked why the regent voted in favor. Don't forget, our leadership voted 8-1 to allow t.u. in!!! We should be mad at our regents more than Sankey for allowing this to happen AND SUPPORTING the decision with their vote. If SC wants Clemson out of the conference and their leadership will vote against allowing Clemson in, they should get a lot more consideration on the decision than what we got. Don't forget: WE VOTED FOR t.u. TO JOIN OUR CONFERENCE!!!

No
GigEmReggie
I think adding anyone makes the conference too big and we sure as hell don't need any more powerhouse programs. It's already ridiculous as it is in both respects. I understand the money and greed but there has to be a limit.
GigEmReggie
Definitely Not A Cop said:

McInnis80 said:

Logos Stick said:

Actually not that surprising based on the recruiting potential and demographic shifts.

What's more surprising is that the BIG10 isn't trying to do the same to Texas. SEC big12 and ACC are already here.

They're not going to take a school that doesn't fit in the conference just to have a presence in the state. I think they learned from their Rutgers mistake.
Ag Tag
Bryanisbest said:

Ag Tag said:

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt don't seem to have any problems with two schools from each state being members of the conference?

All they got in before the agreement if there was an agreement.
They were all charter members; they got together and formed the conference.
agnerd
AG
Aginnebraska said:

How our regents voted didn't matter. Regents were voting for how our single SEC representative at would vote. Given the mood of other SEC members on the tu/OU admittance, it was already a 'done deal'. By BoR voting in favor, it simply made A&M look more gracious (like it was our choice) instead of powerless (which was the real situation).
Agree to disagree. If we knew we were going to lose the vote, that's even more of a reason to vote against t.u. It wouldn't change the outcome, but it would register our disagreement with how t.u. has treated other members of its conference and that it would hurt A&M athletics. It also warns others that the school with the most history with t.u. has some concerns. If we don't have the balls to do something different than everyone else, we're nothing more than nutless bovines, and we deserve to have other people making decisions for us. Have some principles, stand up for them, and be confident in your beliefs until someone can provide a better opinion or enough evidence for you to change your mind. Sometimes that means having to do something that isn't popular and isn't supported by others. Until then, we are just hypocrites and our opinion doesn't matter.
Done7
Clemson and FSU are pretty much a done deal. It's just a matter of when not if.
hunter2012
AG

Reap the whirlwind you worms.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
clemson and fsu will be in the sec within the next five years if not sooner. they will be accompanied by two more schools most likely one of the following

nc state
va tech
virginia
unc

KCup17
AG
Well at least Clemson and FSU fit into the SEC culture. tu not as much
dixichkn
AG
Done7 said:

Good. I hope so. We had no say so, no one else should either

And the vote better be unanimous
Chester
AG
JJxvi said:

The problem with the gentleman's agreement, is that probably only 5 schools really care. Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, and us. Is Arkansas, LSU, or Missouri scared of anybody actually getting invited from their state? Doubtful. So you got 5 votes out of 14 you could rely on, what good is it?
You cannot rely on any school in the SEC!
Chester
merch
Not this again. We voted yes to TU. We cannot complain.
ABATTBQ11
AG
**** 'em. If Clemson wants to come, we've got room for one more. Let's add FSU while we're at it.
Ag in ATL
AG
Done7 said:

If so, it means they found a way around the grant-of-rights issue. If that's the case, the ACC becomes Pac12 2.0 as they get picked apart.
p8aggie
AG
After Snakey let tu in the conference I think every state in the conference should have 2 schools in the SEC, if possible. That means adding the following schools:
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Florida St.
Oklahoma St.

Arkansas has LSU since both of those states suck too much to support 2 real schools.
Add Kansas to pair with Missouri.
halfastros81
AG
Having said that I feel like there wasn't a lot of love lost between either Mizzou or Arkansas and tu. They both had lived in a world of being a conference "partner" with tu.
Bryanisbest
AG
merch said:

Not this again. We voted yes to TU. We cannot complain.

Only after it was inevitable.
Bryanisbest
AG
agnerd said:

Aginnebraska said:

How our regents voted didn't matter. Regents were voting for how our single SEC representative at would vote. Given the mood of other SEC members on the tu/OU admittance, it was already a 'done deal'. By BoR voting in favor, it simply made A&M look more gracious (like it was our choice) instead of powerless (which was the real situation).
Agree to disagree. If we knew we were going to lose the vote, that's even more of a reason to vote against t.u. It wouldn't change the outcome, but it would register our disagreement with how t.u. has treated other members of its conference and that it would hurt A&M athletics. It also warns others that the school with the most history with t.u. has some concerns. If we don't have the balls to do something different than everyone else, we're nothing more than nutless bovines, and we deserve to have other people making decisions for us. Have some principles, stand up for them, and be confident in your beliefs until someone can provide a better opinion or enough evidence for you to change your mind. Sometimes that means having to do something that isn't popular and isn't supported by others. Until then, we are just hypocrites and our opinion doesn't matter.

Yes, I can see the wisdom in this post. Tough situation .
Bryanisbest
AG
Ag Tag said:

Bryanisbest said:

Ag Tag said:

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt don't seem to have any problems with two schools from each state being members of the conference?

Yes !

All they got in before the agreement if there was an agreement.
They were all charter members; they got together and formed the conference.
BSCE84ag
AG
Ate lunch with a friend of mine. tu grad. Polite banter about current season. good luck, you are up finally, big ku game... no matter if you were a no show in the little 12 for the past decade' Him, ku is a ranked team and we gotta take them seriously. Me, ? really?

Then, "Well, wouldn't it be funny if tu wins SEC champ before Ags entered it years ago ..." I just wanted to vomit lunch. I told him I didn't miss the arrogance and harassment for the last 10 years. And here we go again. ( I still dont know why they think they are superior to everyone.)

Ended okay, I just told him it isn't the same in the SEC as Big dumpster fire. All teams are a challenge every week. You learn a new hate for other teams, not just one or two. Welcome to the SEC, but dont think you will just take over.

Aztec1948
espn calls the shots for the SEC. We were simply the bait.
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
AustinAg2K
We should let North Carolina in, too. F em.
Buck Turgidson
At this point, I just plain hate Sankey and the whole SEC. I just hope bad things happen to all the other SEC schools, and to Sankey individually.
Loyalty
AG
BSCE84ag said:

Ate lunch with a friend of mine. tu grad. Polite banter about current season. good luck, you are up finally, big ku game... no matter if you were a no show in the little 12 for the past decade' Him, ku is a ranked team and we gotta take them seriously. Me, ? really?

Then, "Well, wouldn't it be funny if tu wins SEC champ before Ags entered it years ago ..." I just wanted to vomit lunch. I told him I didn't miss the arrogance and harassment for the last 10 years. And here we go again. ( I still dont know why they think they are superior to everyone.)

Ended okay, I just told him it isn't the same in the SEC as Big dumpster fire. All teams are a challenge every week. You learn a new hate for other teams, not just one or two. Welcome to the SEC, but dont think you will just take over.

Dialog that you experienced today is why I avoid sip like the plague as much as possible. They're false, faux arrogance is just part of what they do. There is ZERO basis for the faux arrogance but it's what they truly think they are. Think about it. They've sucked in a weak conference since we left for the SEC and he truly believes they are going dominate SEC when they get there. You just have to laugh and role your eyes at their delusional hubris. I do when I can't get out of avoiding them.
Loyalty
AG
agnerd said:

Aginnebraska said:

100%
Agsuffering@bulaw
Sumlin got 1 thing right: it's about us!

SC and all the others who lit this fire can burn in it!
heavily intoxtricated
**** SC. They can suck it. Let Clemson in.
Stone44
AG
Logos Stick said:

No way, they don't meet the academic standards of the Big 10.
greg.w.h
AG
Don't give a damn.
Aztec1948
Stone44 said:

Logos Stick said:

No way, they don't meet the academic standards of the Big 10.
It's all about the green. That and the BIG wants to tap into the SE for recruiting. Similar to having bases in the West.
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.