Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arizona to BDF?

9,292 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by DOG XO 84
Surly Thor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Supposedly Arizona will be the next to bolt the PAC-12 as soon as tomorrow according to this article:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/cfb-insider-reveals-arizona-big-12-done-deal-drops-deadline-big-12-expansion-extending-14-programs
rangerdanger
AG
I saw this on Toptierag2018's newsletter.
CowDog
AG
That's the one widely available to not subscribe to, right?
TyperWoods
Arizona is "further along" in negotiations with the B12 than Utah or Az State.
Timberwolf
AG
Great addition imo
Win At Life
AG
CowDog said:

I've been not subscribed to his newsletter for years now.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Would be surprised if ASU and UofA were not a package deal...
Ag Tag
Win At Life said:

CowDog said:

I've been not subscribed to his newsletter for years now.
I eagerly look forward to not receiving each edition.
Charlie 31
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I would. Based on the article and the one below, the Big XII only appears to be seeking to have 14 teams, with Arizona being #14.

..."Fourteen seems to be our best number"- CFB insider reveals Big 12 expansion is on the hunt for one more team ahead of the 2023 season
Sq 17
The BDF has up to 3 spots and ASU is not getting a spot

If U-Dub and the Ducks called tomorrow the BDF would go to 16
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

We've been speculating about "package deals" for 12 years now. And not one of them has come to fruition.
Nino Brown
Charlie 31 said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I would. Based on the article and the one below, the Big XII only appears to be seeking to have 14 teams, with Arizona being #14.

..."Fourteen seems to be our best number"- CFB insider reveals Big 12 expansion is on the hunt for one more team ahead of the 2023 season

This is only said to get Oregon and Washington to speed up their options. Big 12 wil get to 16 for now just like SEC and Big 10.

Your move ACC/Notre Dame
91AggieLawyer
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

We've been speculating about "package deals" for 12 years now. And not one of them has come to fruition.

I would put it that whenever someone says something is NOT happening, I'd bet serious money on that exact thing. Maybe not tomorrow, but eventually. As I said last week, I think we need to drop the BDF moniker. The PAC, in whatever form is dead. 5, 10 years ago, NO ONE would have suspected the B12 would outlast it by even an hour. In fact, I could have taken most on here for a bundle and been branded an idiot up until the last couple of weeks.

The ONLY thing that is true is that NO ONE knows anything until it is a done deal. Just about every major school has been a part of some alignment move discussion (I mean official discussion between school officials and a conference, not web speculation) or another in the last 15 years and only a few have actually moved.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Absolutely spot on!
Muy
AG
Member when the sips thought they could make us join the PAC?
#Mke
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

I see your point, but Texas/OU was always gonna be a package deal. Those gay lovers could never be apart from each other...
davido
AG
Can't wait for that classic UW vs WV matchup!
chick79
AG
I bet the BDF regrets adding UCF and U of H at this point.
rootube
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Arizona and ASU have the same board of regents. They may not be a package deal, but that would be a wild meeting if only one team left
zb008
The BDF is trying to put sprinkles on a landfill at this point.
jja79
AG
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

They're not. The talk here in Arizona is that U of A has interest but ASU does not..who knows what might happen though.
FarmerJohn
AG
Any time you can lock up the, at best, fourth most popular team in Houston, you have to go for it.
#Mke
AG
chick79 said:

I bet the BDF regrets adding UCF and U of H at this point.

They might, but without adding BYU/Cincy/UCF/Houston, the Big 12 wouldn't be in the position of "stability" that they're in now, which is making them look attractive to PAC schools. Not sure Colorado would've ever left otherwise.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Tceh still setting up the border conference to win.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Arizona would be the Big 12's most logical choice if it were to add just one more team.
Kellso
If TCU continues to go to more Rose Bowls and National Title games.....then I will call them the ultimate winner in all this realignment talks.

The rise of Baylor, Okie St and TCU is what took the starch out of the Texas Longhorns. They might not have the horses to survive the SEC.

TCU is going to be set up to be the new powerhouse football program in the state of Texas because of the weaker competition in the BIGXII.

I see Houston or Texas being the new king-pens in basketball over the next 10 years.

In 10 years we are going to debate whether it was better to take the $$$, or the wins.
There are arguments for both sides.
Aggie Apotheosis
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Arizona would be the Big 12's most logical choice if it were to add just one more team.

I have thought this for a while.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to Oregon and Washington.

I feel a bit sorry for Oregon State. Corvallis is a nice town.
Sq 17
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Pretty sure they are going to 16 just waiting for the B1G to make their next move
Angry Beaver
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

texas and Oklahoma?
George Costanza
" I bet the BDF regrets adding UCF and U of H at this point."

Probably not … those adds saved the conference and gave it stability. Without them and BYU and Cincinnati none of what is happening now happens.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
George Costanza said:

" I bet the BDF regrets adding UCF and U of H at this point."

Probably not … those adds saved the conference and gave it stability. Without them and BYU and Cincinnati none of what is happening now happens.
West Virginia needed some sort of balance for travel. Cincinnati helped in that regard. UCF being in the same time zone also helps. Before the expansion, Ames was the closest conference location to Morgantown.

Who knows, maybe if Florida State and Clemson leave the ACC and leave it vulnerable, maybe Louisville and Pitt make a play to join the Big 12 after Arizona fills out the west side.
I know NOTHING!!!!
jja79
AG
There are only 3 public universities in Arizona and all have the same BOR. The talk this monring in Phx is that ASU isn't interested in moving.
UTExan
Some media (Larry Brown and company) indicated AZ doesn't want to leave the PAC by itself, but in a package deal with Utah and ASU. Going to the Big 12 is not ideal, but geographically, there isn't another landing spot.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Can't help but have a bit of arrogance in me even though we should always be classy.

Being one of the cool kids in the SEC Varsity team and watching BDF teams that we used to play are in the Junior Varsity team with no Blue Bloods just makes me so happy.

I hope the little fellows have fun playing with the other each other and enjoying watching the Varsity teams play in the post season.

Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
GrapevineAg
AG
From Reddit cfb:
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.