Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arizona to BDF?

9,285 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by DOG XO 84
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Timberwolf said:

Great addition imo
They don't have the size or money as tu, but they will at least replace the uber liberal and uppity mentality void left by tu.
greg.w.h
AG
This is an example of lack of irony…

"Pac-12 officials hoped to be worth roughly 3/4 of the value of the recently signed Big Ten TV contract, a more than $1 billion-a-year deal that is expected to eventually distribute in excess of $70 million annually to members. Ironically, the Big Ten secured such a massive deal on the heels of USC and UCLA joining the conference."

https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-next-in-college-sports-conference-realignment-heres-where-the-shaky-landscape-stands-030444592.html
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
jja79 said:

There are only 3 public universities in Arizona and all have the same BOR. The talk this monring in Phx is that ASU isn't interested in moving.

That's going to be an incredibly stupid decision from ASU when Arizona jumps and Oregon and Washington follow.

ASU and Utah are going to be left holding onto nothing but *memories* of the Pac 12 they didn't want to leave.
jja79
AG
If they don't go it's moronic. I actually live not too far from ASU and there just isn't any passion for college sports.
The Banned
VatoLocoAggie said:

Can't help but have a bit of arrogance in me even though we should always be classy.

Being one of the cool kids in the SEC Varsity team and watching BDF teams that we used to play are in the Junior Varsity team with no Blue Bloods just makes me so happy.

I hope the little fellows have fun playing with the other each other and enjoying watching the Varsity teams play in the post season.

Idk. Most everyone in the big 12 outside of Texas was pretty cool. I hate seeing schools like Iowa State, OK St and K State suffer, but such is life
GoAgs92
AG
The Banned said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Can't help but have a bit of arrogance in me even though we should always be classy.

Being one of the cool kids in the SEC Varsity team and watching BDF teams that we used to play are in the Junior Varsity team with no Blue Bloods just makes me so happy.

I hope the little fellows have fun playing with the other each other and enjoying watching the Varsity teams play in the post season.

Idk. Most everyone in the big 12 outside of Texas was pretty cool. I hate seeing schools like Iowa State, OK St and K State suffer, but such is life

What makes us a blue blood? One national title in 90 years?
The Banned
What are you talking about?
Sq 17
The Banned said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

You my good sir are a college football fan and think college football is a truly great think

Based on his post I can not say the same regarding vatoloco which is ok everybody has their own personal taste
ElephantRider
AG
The new BDF is going to be a wacky ass conference.
soleta27
BDF is all-in on being a basketball conference
JustisWalkert
AG
GoAgs92 said:

What makes us a blue blood? One national title in 90 years?

We have a long history of existance
jja79
AG
The local talk about ASU has been that the president wasn't in favor of the move but it seems once he got the cold, hard reality of the potential media deal, he's now apparently on board.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/pac-12/2023/08/03/big-12-expansion-speculation-arizona-arizona-state-board-of-regents/70520459007/
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
Good situation if Arizona State follows Arizona to the Big 12, and preserves the Territorial Cup.

It's the nations oldest rivalry game trophy and vitally important, since after all ...

<< checks notes and paraphrases >>

Trophy was first awarded in 1899.
Then lost for 80 years and totally forgotten about.
Then found in a church basement, cleaned, and the engraved inscription discovered in1980

Then both schools decided to use the trophy for the winner of the game.
But then they didn't start awarding it until 2001.

When both schools decided to award The Territorial Cup Trophy to the winner.
But they changed the name of the game to the Duel in the Desert.

Then in 2009 they decided to expand The Territorial Cup to an all-year competition between Arizona and Arizona State including multiple sports, called The Territorial Cup Series.

But they award the Territorial Cup Trophy to the winner of the FOOTBALL game only, even though that game isn't called the Territorial Cup, and regardless of who wins the Territorial Cup Series competition.

Oh, and Arizona State actually *owns* the physical trophy, so they are just *lending* it to Arizona should they win the football game.

Ladies and Gentlemen.... The Pac 8-10-12 in a nutshell.

Makes various names for SEC rivalries and mascots almost make sense and logical.
R E L
AG
Don't forget the powerhouse historical combo Texas A&M/Missouri!
jja79
AG
ASU was originally known as Tempe Normal School. Not sure if UofA was the abnormal school.

They hate each other though.
greg.w.h
AG
jja79 said:

ASU was originally known as Tempe Normal School. Not sure if UofA was the abnormal school.

They hate each other though.
oddly enough UofA is the public land-grant school…
BMX Bandit
as said last week, big 12 positioning itself to be the premier conference when the "a level" schools break away to do their own thing
The Banned
BMX Bandit said:

as said last week, big 12 positioning itself to be the premier conference when the "a level" schools break away to do their own thing

Yep. They are doing a phenomenal job of making lemonade out of lemons
jja79
AG
As soon as you leave Tucson heading to Phoenix you get into that irrigated farming district so that makes sense.
AustinAg2K
chick79 said:

I bet the BDF regrets adding UCF and U of H at this point.

Is Arizona really a better pickup though? I feel like for the past two decades, Houston has been more relevant in both football and basketball. UCF is one of the fastest growing schools, and they are in Florida, which offers a better market.
Sq 17
U of a is a program with a better past, but a very uncertain future

Both UCF and U of H have history that is less impressive but probably have a better future than you U of A

Seems like the future for all of these programs that are outside of the top 30 will be dependent on the community and the student body deciding they want to fill the stadium on a Saturday
These programs will probably have a minor-league baseball vibe, but minor league, baseball can be fun to watch
jja79
AG
Local radio here in Arizona has changed the tune this morning. Now they're saying there's a re-engagement with the PAC.
Dad
AG
If they take whatever value is left in the Pac 12 we might have to stop calling it the BDF. They will have outlasted the Pac 10 at that point and set themselves up as the #3 or #4 conference.
dabo man
AG
Logged into FB today (first time in months) and saw this.

DOG XO 84
AG
Muy said:

Member when the sips thought they could make us join the PAC?
Nailed it. I think the money quote was from Deloss Dodds thru the statesman " the Aggies are on the clock". Gets me every time!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.