Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Recruiting

130,664 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by levypantsEOY
beerad12man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpecAg08 said:

That's interesting considering that last year is viewed as a down year.

It just feels like we're in a lot better shape going into this season.
Last year finished ranked 15th in the composite HS rankings, but it was 9th in average HS stars, and 10th overall after all transfers were added.

It was a small class, which is why it dropped from the 9/10 range down to 15. Now, I'd like to be top 5 instead of just top 10, but it was still a top 10 caliber class. Definitely underrated by some. Much closer to Fisher's 2019-2021 recruiting than it was Sumlin's recruiting class, even though some tried to compare it to that (Every one of Sumlin's average stars were anywhere form 87-89 versus 91+ for all of Fisher's classes)
vander54
S
This Friday is a day to watch. McKinley could go anywhere at this point. No clear leader.

vander54
S
Confidence is up slightly with McKinley but I'm not ready to say he's headed this way. Guess you could say 40/60 for him to pick us.
World's worst proofreader
Bill Superman
AG
vander54 said:

Confidence is up slightly with McKinley but I'm not ready to say he's headed this way. Guess you could say 40/60 for him to pick us.
Being excommunicated by your home state could be the deciding factor in this one…
whatthehey78
AG
If playing time is a consideration...he can't go wrong coming here.
vander54
S
100% want to tune I to his announcement. Not going to say he's ours but confidence has steadily been creeping up as we seem to be the only common positive denominator in all other schools updates as well as what some of our mods are saying.
Divining Rod
Cool! Saw the batphone ringing. Thanks, Alfred.
vander54
S
Friday Sept. 1 @ 3:30 CT
Bill Superman
AG
vander54 said:

Are we sure that sip or corndog isn't cooking up this faux hype in our favor only to rug pull us come Friday? Maybe it's just my bas talking, but this one seems a hard get for us… Y'all got me somewhat optimistic but I'm trying to resist it.
StinkyPinky
AG
Crystal ball for Texas. Read an article somewhere where they think tu is a done deal. Hope we can rub their faces in it and land him. Would be another huge +1 on our recruiting momentum for future years as well.
Bill Superman
AG
Sip insider crystal ball or who? Because those mean nothing.
vander54
S
Bill Superman said:

vander54 said:

Are we sure that sip or corndog isn't cooking up this faux hype in our favor only to rug pull us come Friday? Maybe it's just my bas talking, but this one seems a hard get for us… Y'all got me somewhat optimistic but I'm trying to resist it.

I'm not sold he's coming here but I don't think it's faux hype.

Seriously doubt OU, LSU, and now tu mods would be able to coordinate this.
AG
Bill Superman said:

It's a single CB from a sip insider and it's been there a while. The usual.
Bill Superman
AG
4 said:

Bill Superman said:

It's a single CB from a sip insider and it's been there a while. The usual.
Those are my favorite.
AG
The thing about those crystal balls is that they are inherently inaccurate to begin with. But these sip analysts use it more as a wish list. It's really silly.
Bill Superman
AG
How about that crystal ball though?
Noctilucent
AG
Not to get everyone's hopes up or anything, but Wiltfong seems to think we are gaining momentum with Dominic Mckinley's recruitment this morning.
Noctilucent
AG
Also, prognosticators on ON3 and Rivals are indicating the same!
The Collective
AG
Sips saying he wants to be a sip. If about his desire, he goes there. If about $, he comes here. No joke.
gigem1223
Hoping we can land McKinley today. Haven't followed recruiting much this year. Looks like more swings and misses on linebackers. I just can't understand how this staff can not recruit linebackers with the amount of talent on the DL. What gives?
vander54
S
gigem1223 said:

Hoping we can land McKinley today. Haven't followed recruiting much this year. Looks like more swings and misses on linebackers. I just can't understand how this staff can not recruit linebackers with the amount of talent on the DL. What gives?

Um. We are doing fine at LB. Best we've done in years.
taylorswift13
AG
The Collective said:

Sips saying he wants to be a sip. If about his desire, he goes there. If about $, he comes here. No joke.
that's exactly what they say when they lose a recruit, so I'm feeling confident as ever now
Bill Superman
AG
taylorswift13 said:

The Collective said:

that's exactly what they say when they lose a recruit, so I'm feeling confident as ever now
Yep, that is great news. They always have an excuse before the excuse. And now they're also admitting that we're richer than them. I like that excuse.

Still cautiously optimistic though.
vander54
S
I definitely will not say he's picking us but I think OU and us have the best shot. tu thought they led because they think they're the best. Literally that is where the tu rumors were coming from. But you cannot count out LSU after all he is a Louisiana boy.

I am about 60/40 on him pick us

Oh yeah and here's the quote on why tu thought they led from our favorite sip mod Ketch

Quote:

* Texas was believed to be in a good position for a while based on a few factors (location, connection with coaches, academics), but those thoughts were never based on any real information provided by McKinley or people in his camp. With this one, it's always been about trying to read between the lines since McKinley doesn't tip his hand to anyone … not publicly and not even privately.
taylorswift13
AG
FONG'D
Bill Superman
AG
taylorswift13 said:

FONG'D
Wow, this would be a huge pickup. Hopefully Fong has learned his lesson.
vander54
S
Bill Superman said:

taylorswift13 said:

FONG'D

When he's late in the game like this it usually means he has legit Intel.

When Fong predicts weeks away or sometimes days he's not near as accurate but the day of or before a commitment he's nails.
Bill Superman
AG
vander54 said:

Bill Superman said:

taylorswift13 said:

FONG'D

When he's late in the game like this it usually means he has legit Intel.

When Fong predicts weeks away or sometimes days he's not near as accurate but the day of or before a sommitment he's nails.
Yep, and that's why his numbers are always pretty good.
vander54
S
Things are moving very quick this morning and they are moving in a very positive way. Let's say 75/25 he picks us.

This is not in response to Fong
whatthehey78
AG
Just curious. Why (this morning) does McKinley not have any stars and he is not ranked on 247?
TX_Aggie37
AG
Ketch posted on twitter that it won't be Texas today, but he's keeping his future pick for him to ultimately sign with Texas.
Rule Number 32
AG
vander54 said:

I definitely will not say he's picking us but I think OU and us have the best shot. tu thought they led because they think they're the best. Literally that is where the tu rumors were coming from. But you cannot count out LSU after all he is a Louisiana boy.

I am about 60/40 on him pick us

Oh yeah and here's the quote on why tu thought they led from our favorite sip mod Ketch

Quote:

* Texas was believed to be in a good position for a while based on a few factors (location, connection with coaches, academics), but those thoughts were never based on any real information provided by McKinley or people in his camp. With this one, it's always been about trying to read between the lines since McKinley doesn't tip his hand to anyone … not publicly and not even privately.

That quote is hilarious. How anyone pays for that "intel" is beyond me.

We literally have no idea, but we assume that he really likes Texas because who wouldnt?
Bill Superman
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Ketch posted on twitter that it won't be Texas today, but he's keeping his future pick for him to ultimately sign with Texas.
Now that is some classic sip gold there. Nothing's changed. You love to see it.
vander54
S
whatthehey78 said:

Just curious. Why (this morning) does McKinley not have any stars and he is not ranked on 247?

rangerdanger
AG
vander54 said:

Things are moving very quick this morning and they are moving in a very positive way. Let's say 75/25 he picks us.

This is not in response to Fong

A lot of us don't get paid until Friday, so makes sense to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.