Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Recruiting

130,589 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by levypantsEOY
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
An OL recruit who was at the pool.party announced he will not be taking anymore visits and will be committing before the season.

Hopefully he commits to is and brings some rain down to us. (Not sip related)
World's worst proofreader
dannyv
AG
vander54 said:

An OL recruit who was at the pool.party announced he will not be taking anymore visits and will be committing before the season.

Hopefully he commits to is and brings some rain down to us. (Not sip related)

I see what you did there.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Bill Superman said:

So did we get any feedback on the weekend?

Was the bbq any good or did we use Lincoln Riley's recipe, was the pool like warm soup, was the water even wet, did the coeds show up to entertain our guests, did we have any surprise visitors?

Sure did seem quiet for such a big weekend…

The first rule of pool party is you do not talk about pool party.
cavscout96
Batty
In no particular order I predict these recruits end up with the good guys:

Isendre Ahfua
Blake Ivy
Xavier Atkins
Terry Bussey
Zina Umeozulu
Bogey1996
This is the first I've heard of Isendre. Some inside info?

I hope we have Bussey at CB or are we skipping CB's for the year? Maybe we have a shot a Kobe Black.
vander54
S
Bussey at CB and Black is still an option.
Ugly
AG
A certain other site has allowed free access to their pay site for a day, so this lolpoor can confidently give the pool party list. Current commits are italicized and others are bolded:

Cameron Coleman (WR) - 5*
Kobe Black (CB) - 5*
Terry Bussey (ATH) - 5*
Ryan Wingo (WR) - 5*
Drelon Miller (WR) - 4*
Jordan Pride (S) - 4*
Dealyn Evans (DL) - 4*
Nigel Smith II (DL) - 4*
Zina Umeozulu (EDGE) - 4*
Ernest Campbell (WR) - 4*
Myles Davis (S) - 4*
Weston Davis (OT) - 4*
Ashton Funk (OT) - 4*
Jelani Watkins (WR) - 4*
Isendre Ahfua (OL) - 4*
Jaylan Hornsby (WR) - 4*
Kamron Mikell (ATH) - 4*
Tyanthony Smith (LB) - 4*
Anthony Maddox (QB) - 4*
Gabriel Reliford (EDGE) - 4*
Xavier Atkins (LB) - 4*
Blake Ivy (OT) - 4*
Solomon Williams (EDGE) - 4*

Debron Gatling (WR) - 3*

There were an equal number of kids from 2025 (and later) with similar talent distribution, but I am not typing all of that out.
vander54
S
Looks good
Bill Superman
AG
A lot of '25 guys went to the pool party:

2025:

5-star North Shore CB Devin Sanchez - Arrived

5-star Westgate (LA) CB Jaboree Antoine - Arrived

5-star Galveston Ball ATH Jonah Williams - Arrived

4-star Katy Paetow CB Deyjhon Pettaway - Arrived

4-star Dallas Skyline LB Elijah Barnes - Arrived

4-star Calvary Baptist (LA) RB James Simon - Arrived

4-star Forney LB Kelvion Riggins - Arrived

4-star Cy-Fair DL Landon Rink - Arrived

4-star Hattiesburg (MS) Oak Grove DL Andrew Maddox - Arrived

4-star Jasper TE Kiotti Armstrong - Arrived

4-star Jasper OT Demetris Dean - Arrived

4-star Carl Albert (OK) CB Trystan Haynes

4-star Fort Bend Christian edge Max Granville - Arrived

Houston LSSS OL Joshua Moses - Arrived

Fort Bend Hightower CB Kade Phillips - Arrived

Cypress Bridgeland OT Jonte Newman - Arrived

Bryan Rudder WR Jaquise Martin - Arrived

Ocala (FL) Forest Deanthony Sancho

2026:

Alpharetta (GA) LB Ashton Moore - Arrived

Conroe Grand Oaks QB Grant Smith - Arrived

Flower Mound OT Drew Evers - Arrived

Houston LSSS WR Keisean Henderson - Arrived

Houston LSSS WR Mike Brown - Arrived

2027:

DeSoto WR Ethan Feaster - Arrived
livinmw
Batty said:

In no particular order I predict these recruits end up with the good guys:

Isendre Ahfua
Blake Ivy
Xavier Atkins
Terry Bussey
Zina Umeozulu
Predicting these guys to end up in Aggieland would suggest probabilities or percentage chances so I will go like this...........

Ahfua
Atkins
Bussey
Ivy----------taken a big step back in our chances with all the Lsu momentum of recent and the fact that many thought he might pull the trigger at any time at the end of June and since hasn't committed, visited Lsu and change those impressions to where are in a very real dog fight with the bayou kittens.
Zina---------very sure he and his brother follow Neto but we will see. Think he is the biggest long shot on this list.

Just my take with recent info and I am very happy with the top 3 if we land all of them. Helluva OL haul if somehow we can pull Ahfua and Ivy
fdt88rv
AG
What is the school listed as LSSS?
FDT88RV Marine to the Corps
CCAD AG
Legacy School of Sport Sciences, technically in Spring.
Batty
R Owens must be one hella running back, big goose egg for 2024 RBs so far.
vander54
S
Batty said:

R Owens must be one hella running back, big goose egg for 2024 RBs so far.

We looked lost at RB until late in the game. I think it's safe to say that is one position group we do not have to worry about. Plus we have 3 studs with multiple years left.
AG
Yeah, I think we're pretty good there for now. We can afford to be selective at RB and WR.

LB, not so much.
vander54
S
4 said:

Yeah, I think we're pretty good there for now. We can afford to be selective at RB and WR.

LB, not so much.

I think we are in pretty good shape at LB right now. We most likely add one more soon.

Our worst LB commit just picked up an offer from Bama. I'm not saying we can't still improve the talent but I'm happy with who we have commited and should have soon.
Halconblack
AG
The pool party seemed to bring a lot of momentum back to the Aggies, but we do still have a long way to go to get back to to where we were in 2022 with top end talent in the state. This post is not meant to be negative. Just give perspective.

2022 Top Ten
6/10 signed with the Aggies

2023 Top Ten
2/10 signed with the Aggies

2024 Top Ten
Looking at maybe 2???
Attendance of Pool Party
Wesco WR Clemson No
Bussey CB N/A Yes
Williams LB Georgia No (This marks the 21st year in a row we will not sign the top rated LB in Texas. These were not all 5-Stars, but still. The last was Justin Warren in 2003. That is embarrassing)
Black CB N/A Yes
Hudson WR N/A No
Simmons DE N/A No (Stayed at L$U the weekend. Duncanville is the IMG of Texas. Why is there not simply a coach assigned to this school only)
Lagaway QB No
Filsaime S No (missed out on top end safeties a few years in a row now)
Tatum RB No (Apparently Caden is the guy in this class for the Aggies??)
Evans DT Aggies Yes
Miller WR Aggies Yes

Corrected earlier mistake caught by several people of "Justin" Warren.

v/r
beerad12man
AG
LB is quietly becoming one of our better pipelines. We may not have that surefire stud, but we are collecting a lot of LBers with Auburn, Oklahoma, LSU, and some even Alabama offers. People always worry about the here and now, but recruiting is usually for 2+ years down the line. When it comes to the 2023/2024 classes, you are looking at the 2025 season. So basically, you look at your current SO and younger when recruiting the current class.

By the time this 2024 class gets into the rotation (ie, gets on the field in 2025), you have:

SR Martrell Harris
RSO or JR Daymion Sanford
RSO or JR Taurean York
RSO or JR Chantz Johnson
RFR or SO Tristan Jernigan
RFR or SO Jordan Lockhart
RFR or SO Tyanthony Smith

And a very good chance to add Xavier Atkins to that list.

Lower key, DL and DB have become bigger priorities on defense from a numbers standpoint to close this class out. LB may be closed out in the next couple of weeks.
Sean98
AG
Justin Warren maybe? Can't remember that far back. But Ty was a DL in about 1999-2000
dannyv
AG
I'm not sure who you meant for 2003, by Ty was selected in the first round of the draft as a DL that year.

ETA: looked it up - it was Justin Warren.
beerad12man
AG
Halconblack said:

The pool party seemed to bring a lot of momentum back to the Aggies, but we do still have a long way to go to get back to to where we were in 2022 with top end talent in the state. This post is not meant to be negative. Just give perspective.

2022 Top Ten
6/10 signed with the Aggies

2023 Top Ten
2/10 signed with the Aggies

2024 Top Ten
Looking at maybe 2???
Attendance of Pool Party
Wesco WR Clemson No
Bussey CB N/A Yes
Williams LB Georgia No (This marks the 21st year in a row we will not sign the top rated LB in Texas. These were not all 5-Stars, but still. The last was Ty Warren in 2003. That is embarrassing)
Black CB N/A Yes
Hudson WR N/A No
Simmons DE N/A No (Stayed at L$U the weekend. Duncan ill is the IMG of Texas. Why is there not simply a coach assigned to this school only)
Lagaway QB No
Filsaime S No (missed out on top end safeties a few years in a row now)
Tatum RB No (Apparently Caden is the guy in this class for the Aggies??)
Evans DT Aggies Yes
Miller WR Aggies Yes

2022 was the best class of all time. Expecting to match that is probably a bit much. Look at our 2019-2021 recruiting, and you'll see it's much closer to 2023 and 2024 than 2022 was to any of them. But 2024 is about to really pick up, and start to look really good. Bussey, Ivy, Atkins, maybe Ahfua, I could see all on our commit list in the next month. But we do need to close them. I think this will end up as Fisher's 2nd best class

I've been keeping a running track of this:

Top 100 players: 2
Top 300 players: 10
Average stars: 89.56
4+star to 3-star ratio: 13:10 (56.5%)
High school class ranking: 17
Overall class ranking: 17
Total Points: 251.20

Top 100 players: 7 (one left on this years team, Demani)
Top 300 players: 11 (just one left, Demani again)
Average stars: 91.05 (8th)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 16:11 (59.3%)
High school class ranking: 4
Overall class ranking: 5
Total points: 285.70

Top 100 players: 6 (only one left, McKinnley)
Top 300 players: 13 (5 still left, McKinnley, Moose, Diggs, Cooper and Aki)
Average stars: 91.11 (7th)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 16:10 (61.5%)
High school class ranking: 6
Overall class ranking: 6
Total points: 289.26

Top 100 players: 4 (2 still left, Shemar Turner and Bryce Foster)
Top 300 players: 16 (7 still left, Shemar, Bryce, Rueben, Harmon, Amari Daniels, Jardin Gilbert, Trey Zuhn)
Average stars: 91.92 (9th)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 16:7 (69.6%)
High school class ranking: 8
Overall class ranking: 9
Total points: 280.40

Top 100 players: 18 (just a side note, 13 are still here to show you how much better it still is than any other class)
Top 300 players: 24 (18 still here)
Average stars: 95.00 (1st)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 27:3 (90%)
High school class ranking: 1
Overall class ranking: 1
Total points: 333.13 (By the way, take out all the attrition, and it's STILL 320.33 points. Again to show you just how ridiculous that class truly was, to be able to lose 7 4+ plus players on it and be this high)

Top 100 players: 5 (Higher than 2021, and note two transfers were 100 players in their respective classes, so this could be argued as 7)
Top 300 players: 11 (the same as 2019. 14 with DeBerry, McCall, Grimes, as they would all be top 300 equivalent to HS rankings)
Average stars: 91.60 (9th) (Drops to 90.08 with transfers, but that included a couple of walk ons that really shouldn't be rated)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 13:6 (68.4%)
High school class ranking: 15
Overall class ranking: 10
268.86 (Note that 247 does weird things. If you add McCall and Grimes and all the transfers HS rankings, it's 291.56 points. With their transfer rankings, it's 281.78 with transfers)

2024 (so far, in the early going)
Top 100 players: 3
Top 300 players: 6
Average stars: 91.39 (tied for 8th right now)
4+star to 3-star ratio: 17:2 (89.4%)
High school class ranking: 10
Overall class ranking: 10
Total Points with 18 commits: 252.94

vander54
S
If we don't **** the bed this year we will have an amazing class and I agree probably the second best Jimbo has had since being here.
beerad12man
AG
Right now, we are recruiting more in the low 4 star range than we did from 2019-2021. We need to make sure we close out the top 100 guys to finish this class out. This includes Terry Bussey and hopefully a couple more like Nigel Smith, Aydin Breland, Kobe Black, etc.

In addition to Bussey, we need to add a couple more top 300 guys like Xavier Atkins, Isendre Ahfua, and Blake Ivy. Ivy and Ahfua are borderline top 100 guys as well. Would be big additions to the class, from a rankings and need standpoint.
Halconblack
AG
Good data by everyone.

The point of my post was that we need to do a little better on the top end talent in the state. That doesn't mean 6 top 10 guys a year. I think more realistic is 3-4 instead of the 2ish we have been averaging over the past few years. I would say 50% of the top 10 players end up being difference makers at the college level. So, signing one more of those guys every year has a major impact on the field.

As I said, not trying to be a Negative Nancy. Just offering perspective. And, would be nice to stop ****ting the bed on high end LB talent.
v/r
vander54
S
Halconblack said:

Good data by everyone.

The point of my post was that we need to do a little better on the top end talent in the state. That doesn't mean 6 top 100 guys a year. I think more realistic is 3-4 instead of the 2ish we have been averaging over the past few years. I would say 50% of the top 10 players end up being difference makers at the college level. So, signing one more of those guys every year has a major impact on the field.

As I said, not trying to be a Negative Nancy. Just offering perspective. And, would be nice to stop ****ting the bed on high end LB talent.

I don't always agree. We should be focused on the best of the best but we .use keep the local pipelines open.
Halconblack
AG
Sure, you always focus on who you can get. But your Alumni and Local High School relationships outlast every coaching staff.

My point is that our results at the State level show what everyone already knows; we are good but far from great.
v/r
vander54
S
Halconblack said:

Sure, you always focus on who you can get. But your Alumni and Local High School relationships outlast every coaching staff.

My point is that our results at the State level show what everyone already knows; we are good but far from great.

Our in state recruiting has been fine. No real concerns unless you want to nit pick.
Halconblack
AG
I don't think it is nit picking to say we need to be better when we will be doing well to land one of the nine five-stars in the state this cycle. I am not being argumentative. But losing out on Lagaway, Simmons and Williams are all players at positions of need this cycle. I am keeping my fingers crossed on Bussey and Black.
v/r
vander54
S
Halconblack said:

I don't think it is nit picking to say we need to be better when we will be doing well to land one of the nine five-stars in the state this cycle. I am not being argumentative. But losing out on Lagaway, Simmons and Williams are all players at positions of need this cycle. I am keeping my fingers crossed on Bussey and Black.

It is nit picking. We can't land everyone
Sean98
AG
vander54 said:

Halconblack said:

I'm just not sure you can count on consistently landing top tier recruits from fast flung places. It concerns me that our recruiting within 3 hours of home has been inconsistent. I'll also be interested to see if the out of state kids transfer at a higher rate over a 5-10 year period
beerad12man
AG
Halconblack said:

With that logic, NO ONE recruits it great. There's too much diversity, with Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, all wanting a piece. The odds of any one of those schools getting more than 2-3 is stacked against everyone. This isn't like the past where 90% of players stay in state. It's at best, 50/50 these days.

This doesn't even get into teams like Clemson, Florida, Tennessee, Oregon, etc.

2022 was an anomaly. The 2022 class wasn't just great. It was unheard of. So, I'd argue that getting 2/3 of the top 10 is great. 4/5 is elite. 6 like we did in 2022 was insane.

Also don't forget that sometimes the top 10 aren't the same as our coaches top 10, and/or there may be overlap within positions. Drelon miller would absolutely be ranked in the top 10 per our coaches. He's potentially top 5. And the overlap is, what's the difference between getting Cam Coleman and Wesco? One service is moving O'Neill up to the same level as Lagway, and quite frankly, I could see him moving up to the same level on every service if he has a good year on the field this fall against improved competition.

Last year's Alabama top 10, Alabama landed 4. And that's a far less recruited state than Texas and Alabama is elite. Not just great. But an elite program, Georgia, along with bama as 1A/1B in recruiting, landed 3 of the top 10 in their state in 2023.

It isn't always so cut and dry.
beerad12man
AG
Sean98 said:

vander54 said:

Halconblack said:

I'm just not sure you can count on consistently landing top tier recruits from fast flung places. It concerns me that our recruiting within 3 hours of home has been inconsistent. I'll also be interested to see if the out of state kids transfer at a higher rate over a 5-10 year period
Please read my post for perspective. I don't know where this idea comes in that we should be landing 5 of the top 10 in texas? Even Georgia would struggle to do that coming off back-to-back national championships. Again, there are no short of 10 great programs recruiting the state each year. Even if you hate texas, you can assume they will get 1-2. Oklahoma get 1. Bama get 1-2. Georgia get 1-2. Ohio State get 1. The combination of Clemson, Oregon, Auburn, Tennessee, Penn State, or the rest of the sec get 1-2. What's left?

Our Texas recruiting has been better than anyone else overall since Fisher has been here. And yes, that means something in the day and age where half or more leave the state.

You are more likely in today's day and age to land some elite prospects out of state when you have 49 other states to choose from than you are sweeping (or even getting 50%) of the top 10 in your state.
beerad12man
AG
Halconblack said:

My guess is, we could have won back-to-back national titles, and still missed on more of the top 10 than we landed. Maybe we'd get 3 or at best 4 instead of 2. But we were still going to miss. Just look at bama and Georgia. Even they don't sweep their state, and again, they are recruiting with a far different sell/vision than what any other school is capable of right now and, especially in the case of alabama, less of a hot bed for all other suitors to come in to.
MaroonStain
AG
What 5* recruits from 2022 are still on the team? Yes, I am being lazy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.