Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggie Football is 6th in Texas according to Dave Campbell's Texas Football

10,443 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by rootube
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't want to link the article and give them free clicks, but this list is absurd.

Imagine seriously believing that TCU/SMU/UTSA are better than A&M right now…the disrespect is real.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
well in comparison last year we were ranked first i would assume and look where that got us. we do better with lower expectations.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
They aren't wrong.
AG
You serious? TCU played for the national championship last year.

We were 5-7 with a loss at home to App State.

Any objective person on the planet would put them ahead of us.
nu awlins ag
AG
4 said:

So tu, who didn't play for the NC is ahead of tcu? Any objective person on the planet would call bull*****
Meximan
Pylon Cam said:

murphyag
AG
Pylon Cam said:

Didn't want to link the article and give them free clicks, but this list is absurd.

Imagine seriously believing that TCU/SMU/UTSA are better than A&M right now…the disrespect is real.

What the hell?!?
MurphyAG
Gilligan
AG
Jimbo hasn't done anything to garner anyone's respect.

Just win!
dixichkn
AG
Do you know anything about DCTF?

If so, why is this shocking?
Houstonag
AG
The rag is a sip extension. Always been , always will.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
4 said:

An objective person might look at personnel and evaluate based on what a team currently has, not how they were comprised in the previous season.
#FJB
BTKAG97
AG
All except Sam Houston are FBS schools. Why is Sam included?
TexasAggie_97
AG
It's entirely possible 2 or 3 of the teams ranked above us would in fact beat us on a neutral field.
AggieDub04
AG
As of 2023 SHSU is an FBS school in Conference USA
Aggie
AG
The amount of fans we have living in LaLa Land is comical

So many have a huge delusion about how A&M football is actually perceived

I disagree with a lot on that list but us being middle pack is pretty accurate

$ and being in the SEC only goes so far.. I know many of our fans actually believe that automatically equates to wins on the field and stature… but it doesn't
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
So A&M would lose to texas, tcu, smu, utsa, and I can't even remember who else on neutral ground according to this longwhorn dinosaur?
Either I will find a way or I will make one.
tancroom
AG
The editors at Dave Campbell's are good people, and as much as this site likes to believe otherwise, they're generally unbiased when it comes to college football. Their issues with A&M tend to be that they just don't win enough when it matters and the AD and fans tend to carry themselves as if they've won something more than a NY6 bowl in the past 20 years.

In my opinion, that's justified. For all the "disrespect" talk that A&M gets on this site, usually referring to ESPN, DCTF, etc, it's because A&M hasn't proven they as a football program can consistently win the games they're supposed to win, and be that kind of program. It's not unreasonable to have high expectations for Jimbo & Co - we should, in fact. But we also should hold them to that standard and be realistic that outside of 2018 and a 2020 season riddled with Covid, we have generally underdelivered. Respect will come when we actually shut up and win, not because we think we're supposed to win.
Fightin’ Texas Aggie Class of ‘22
HoustonAg2021
Nice Guy Eddie said:

So A&M would lose to texas, tcu, smu, utsa, and I can't even remember who else on neutral ground according to this longwhorn dinosaur?

We lost to app state... At home. We deserve 0 respect until we redeem ourselves, whenever that may be.
SBDavis87
AG
Aggie said:

$ and being in the SEC only goes so far.. I know many of our fans actually believe that automatically equates to wins on the field and stature… but it doesn't

I agree 100%.
Here is the however....
However, having 3 Big12 schools ranked ahead of us begins to look a little silly, if we note that one of whom let Georgia put up 65 - not even our defense would have given up 65 in a championship game......but having UTSA and SMU also both ranked ahead of what we have returning in terms of 4/5 stars is just a bit stupid.
Remember, Dumbo had already screwed up most of the season with his idiotic choice(s) at QB before giving the ball to Weigman. That shouldn't happen this year and DCTF would know that.
So although you are extremely accurate in all you said, just don't agree with this "power" ranking at all.
HoustonAg2021
Gilligan said:

Jimbo hasn't done anything to garner anyone's respect.

Just win!
HoustonAg2021
Aggie said:

It's always safe to put us in the middle of the pack because we are always middle of the pack except for a once or maybe twice a decade outlier.
AggieNattie
I stopped caring when I saw sips as #1. Especially when TCU beat the sips head to head in Austin…
45-70Ag
AG
No clue where A&M should be, I'd just like to see A&M have consistent success and have a season where the coach who gets paid an obscene amount of money isn't compared to a clown.
TXAG 05
AG
AggieNattie said:

I stopped caring when I saw sips as #1. Especially when TCU beat the sips head to head in Austin…

So does the previous year matter or not? If so, putting us in the middle is generous.
chet_75
AG
Thanks for helping keep me from wasting my money
warrington
Things like this will only put larger chips on the players shoulders.

We would spoke SMU like Snoop Dog does him weed.

But keep it up, its just driving the guys to the championship this year
warrington
surprised UTEP isn't 3 and SFA at 4 since they are Texas university schools now
Ags77
AG
I would have us higher, but not a lot higher.
beerad12man
AG
Cue the "objective" Aggies agreeing with it.

No, there is no way you rank us 6th in Texas for 2023. If you do any shred of research.
beerad12man
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

4 said:

An objective person might look at personnel and evaluate based on what a team currently has, not how they were comprised in the previous season.
A reasonable approach that will be met with the backlash of the "objective Aggie" just blindly agreeing with any media who downplays us.

Hell, even last year, efficiency rankings (you know, what power rankings really are) had us above UTSA and SMU by years end. Yet those two are ranked ahead of us? That's absurd.

Why is Texas above TCU with 4s logic?
Ugly
AG
Meanwhile, a rational person that is actually respected ranks them the following way (Bill Conelly, SP+):

tu 21.4
Texas A&M 16.9
TCU 15.4
Texas Tech 10.6
Baylor 9.8
Houston 4.3
SMU 3.3
UTSA 2.1
North Texas -8.1
Rice -16.6
Texas State -18
UTEP -18.1
Sam Houston -19.9

beerad12man
AG
Aggie said:

Middle of the pack in Texas? Absurd. Maybe you live in anti la la land, where you try so hard to be objective you end up biased against A&M.

Believe it or not, efficiency rankings had us as the best in Texas in 2018, 3rd in 2019, 2nd in 2020 and 2021. 2022 we were 4th. No, this isn't good enough. We need to be 1/2 every single year in the state. But this is a terrible ranking no matter how you slice it.

Again, what are "power rankings" other than another form of efficiency rankings. IE, who is the best team, among teams that don't play one another and can't prove it on the field?

We have one terrible year in which we'd still have likely beat 2-3 teams above us on this list and so many of you justify a TERRIBLE ranking. This is a really, really bad ranking on any reasonable level.

This is also Jimbo's best team on paper. I expect to be the best or at worst 2nd best team in texas this year, and that is not living in LaLa Land. It's straight up the way it's likely going to be, and how it has been 3 of the previous 5 years under Fisher with worse teams.
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Man, some of y'all get real upset over inconsequential **** like this.
Bill Superman
AG
So this list is based solely on coaching staff then I would have to assume, since we have a much better recruiting ranking over those other schools…
beerad12man
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Man, some of y'all get real upset over inconsequential **** like this.
I am not upset with what is clearly a terrible joke of a ranking. Media sucks, always has and always will.

I am upset with our own fans who justify this terrible, joke of a ranking and try to act like it's reasonable.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.