Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama will throttle K-State

10,270 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by W
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Then Bama should…
screw-tu
Here's hoping K-State packs their ****
DallasAg 94
This match-up is genius and should gain interest throughout College sports fans.

Saban goes on record during halftime of the B1G Championship Game pimping his team as the better and more talented team.

It is now a trap game.

If Bama loses, Saban gets trolled. It is up to Saban now to prove his teams talent.

Klieman is a really good coach and has coached many big games. I suspect he'll likely have his team ready. K-State always travels well.

Looking forward to the Bama Transfer Portal, Bama Bowl Opt-Outs, and the lack of interest by Bama fans.
Bobaloo
Saban will have the Tide SEC ready. Different animal than Ole Miss or Florida the last few years.
NowhereMan
tradition bama sucks in these games
WestTexasAg
AG
Onionman said:

I'm glad Bama did not make the playoffs but they will destroy K-State. It will be proven that Bama is way better than TCU.
So this will provide proof, but Bama needing a last second field goal to win in Austin versus TCU dominating the sips in Austin does not?
levypantsEOY
WestTexasAg said:

Onionman said:

I'm glad Bama did not make the playoffs but they will destroy K-State. It will be proven that Bama is way better than TCU.
So this will provide proof, but Bama needing a last second field goal to win in Austin versus TCU dominating the sips in Austin does not?

TCU won by a single TD against the whorns.
That game was crazy close.
ME85
AG
Ides of March said:

And if they don't the mantra on Texags will be that Alabama didn't care because they were disappointed about missing the playoffs. Same old story, rinse and repeat.

and you? what you gonna have to say?
sbag
AG
WRONG.
PGAG
AG
Saban is not going to know how to handle players opting out. It hasn't happened to him in years.
Ag Tag
Ides of March said:

And if they don't the mantra on Texags will be that Alabama didn't care because they were disappointed about missing the playoffs. Same old story, rinse and repeat.
Bama has done that before. There's precedent.
WestTexasAg
AG
levypantsEOY said:

WestTexasAg said:

Onionman said:

TCU didn't allow an offensive TD to the sips. They led 17-3 and were at the sip 35 yard line with 5 minutes left. Duggan tried to pull the ball late on the read option and fumbled. Sips picked it up and ran it for a TD. Game wasn't as close as the score.
Aggie Dad Sip
WestTexasAg said:

levypantsEOY said:

WestTexasAg said:

Onionman said:

TCU didn't allow an offensive TD to the sips. They led 17-3 and were at the sip 35 yard line with 5 minutes left. Duggan tried to pull the ball late on the read option and fumbled. Sips picked it up and ran it for a TD. Game wasn't as close as the score.

Texas held TCU to 17 pts and held Duggar to 83 total yards. Sark lost that game by abandoning the run so he could protect Quinn Ewers precious feewings. But TCU never dominated Texas.
TyperWoods
TexAggie1999 said:

Onionman said:

Bama should have throttled us. They didn't (admittedly w/o their best player).

Even if Bama kills Kansas State, that doesn't mean they are better than TCU. LSU beat Bama. Then we beat LSU. Are we better than Bama?

In every way.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
aggiejim70 said:

Anybody on here remember a devested and disappointed K-State team that got upset in the conference championship game and sleep-walked through their Alamo Bowl game with Purdue?

i remember purdue's qb was pretty salty that year. some guy named drew brees
NyAggie
AG
this year's bama team is not a juggernaut. they will have a fight on their hands with kst even if they do show up to play
SteveA
AG
I've heard the "Bama will..." before..
Actual Talking Thermos
Aggie Dad Sip said:

WestTexasAg said:

levypantsEOY said:

WestTexasAg said:

Onionman said:

Texas held TCU to 17 pts and held Duggar to 83 total yards. Sark lost that game by abandoning the run so he could protect Quinn Ewers precious feewings. But TCU never dominated Texas.
It was more like TCU was selling out against the run and it was working, and Sark kept calling plays that would punish them for it IF our passing game was anywhere to be found, which it wasn't. I get not wanting to be one dimensional and play right into what they're trying to do, but when your offense is getting completely shut down at a certain point you have to start handing it to your best player and let him try to make a play. There has never been a game with Bijan Robinson where the ideal strategy is giving him 12 carries.
I am always wrong
45-70Ag said:

This board said the same thing about Georgia vs baylor in the sugar a few years ago.

There is a real chance bama doesn't show up

Georgia did throttle Baylor, and they were missing about 13 starters.
Onionman
WestTexasAg said:

Onionman said:

Yes, I am talking about how good the teams are to end the season. Not how good they were way back on Sep 10th. TCU was struggling to beat SMU back then too.

The Dirty Sock
Bama didn't throttle ut Austin, hell, they didn't throttle some crappy team that lost to a lowly Appalachian state team.
Onionman
The Dirty Sock said:

Bama didn't throttle ut Austin, hell, they didn't throttle some crappy team that lost to a lowly Appalachian state team.
So I guess you are saying I am dead wrong and they will not throttle K-State because you saw them play a couple of close games earlier in the year.

nu awlins ag
AG
The difference is Saban has come out publicly about it. I expect his team will take his lead…..zoo will zoo.
90ags
Bama has a good swath of players going into portal and hearing several players opting out of Sugar bowl. Game will mean more to KState team/program as it's a disappointment to Bama not being in the CFP (anything else has no meaning).

We shall see, but Big12 teams seem to take playing SEC teams a lot more seriously/intensely with a chip on their shoulder (esp teams comprised of 'lower level star ranked' players).
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
The Collective
AG
I want Bama to lose. I don't understand why some are SEC fans over everything else.
newbie11
Easy 3 td win for the tide.
LMCane
Ag CPA said:

Let's see if Bama decides to show up first and who skips the game.
I was at the Big 12 championship game and KSU is legit

the fact that TCU could go 12-0 and come up 2 feet short shows they are pretty legit

this is the type of game where if KSU can hang around in the first half- it would be a dogfight in the fourth quarter.

Bama is not the same team from 2 years ago
TexasAGGIEinAR
A full strength Kansas State team will either play Bama close, or beat them. Bama's D is garbage. Kansas State has more grit, will want this way more and I just don't get the Bama schmoozing. They barely beat our sorry asses IN Tuscaloosa, barely beat an Ole Miss team who was nosediving, gave up a ton of yards to AU, barely beat a not good Tessus team, gave up a million to UT, lost to LSU. See the Georgia vs Tessus Sugar Bowl. A team barely missing the playoffs going to a consolation bowl vs a team who really wants/needs that win. OP may need to hop up off Bama's tip. Sounds like Gary Danielson.
Pedro Infiniti
K-State goes as the reincarnation of Sproles goes. Got a chance to see him play in-person against Baylor. He is so quick and elusive. Despite him being vertically challenged, he can hit the hole inside, bounce to the outside, or catch a pass anywhere on the field. His base is wide like Barry Sanders, jukes DB's out of their shoes, and he never lets anyone hit him squarely which allows him to be a 3-down back.
And it's fun to watch all phases of their kicking game done by one guy.
Agsncws
AG
Some people get it already, but apparently not everyone realizes that non-playoff bowl games are meaningless and do not indicate anything at all.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think Alabama will win by double digits, but I won't be surprised if Kansas State keeps it close or upsets Alabama.
Faustus
The Collective said:

I want Bama to lose. I don't understand why some are SEC fans over everything else.
Agreed.

K. State isn't going to take away recruits from anyone, whereas Bama faltering would help everyone else.

MarathonAg12
Ag CPA said:

Let's see if Bama decides to show up first and who skips the game.
True. All those dudes who hit the portal are officially "out out" right?
Txhuntr
AG
Look at Bama's bowl record when not playing in the BCS championship or CFP under saban. I'll be surprised if they throttle K-State
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I've seen this scenario enough to know that you should not be surprised to see K State hang with Alabama. I'll pick Alabama to win, but won't be surprised if they don't.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.