Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I have a question. Why do other schools hat us so?

11,180 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by infinity ag
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company.
I hope you don't believe everything you see on social media.
If it's on the interwebs and especially on TexAgs, then it has to be true! ;-)

Also, I hope you don't believe everything you were told at Fish Camp about how all things Texas A&M are great and how everything about the University of Texas at Austin and other things non-Aggie are turrible. FYI: that is not reality.

Also, for the record, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were really just your parents, and our Texas Aggies Football Team really did not win conference championships in 1997 and 2010.

That's all. Carry on...

bdp514am
In the old days of the swc and big 12 I'm convinced a lot of the hated came from is travelling so well. They don't like it when a visiting teams fans take over their stadiums
Ed Burleson
bdp514am said:

In the old days of the swc and big 12 I'm convinced a lot of the hated came from is travelling so well. They don't like it when a visiting teams fans take over their stadiums
Like Kyle Field North in Waco.
Aggie Apotheosis
I have traveled all over the country for my entire professional life. I don't believe other schools hate us especially. To be honest, most folks don't really realize we exist or who or where we are or confuse us in their minds, briefly, with Texas, then get a blank look on their face.

Sadly, we are an afterthought bordering on irrelevancy.

bdp514am
I've had the opposite experience. Most people I've encountered professionally in this country and others were very aware of A&M and many, especially during my visits to the Slavic states were quasi fans due to their awareness of A&M engineering prowess . Even in Los Angeles where I was based out of for 22 years I was much more likely to meet people aware of A$M and meet t-shirt fans of A&m than tu
txaggieacct85
AG
Our rich heritage, history and traditions are what makes us unique.

Not interesting in being dope or fire or lit or woke .

If you wanted that you should have gone down the street about 2 hours west.

I think we have been getting a lot of exposure from the media and have been overrated a lot, but finished with a ranking of 4 in 2020 and beating Alabama twice created more exposure.

I think there's some jealousy from other fans becuse of various factors, but I also know a lot of other schools fans love our rich heritage and tradition and the fact we don't change to be like every other school.
Faustus
SBISA Victim said:

What did we ever do to them? I'm not talking about sip. I'm talking about other places. Recently I've heard LSU fans say they would have traded their Alabama win for a win against us.
They probably should have tried to work a three team trade so they could keep the Bama win.
Aggieair
Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company.
I hope you don't believe everything you see on social media.

You either didn't read what I wrote, or didn't understand it.
Let me explain it to you. Social media is not real life or anything near it.
Let me explain it to you.

What I said: Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company. Meaning, people are generally more polite in person and avoid confrontation. Just because you met some fans from another team at Kyle Field and they didn't trash talk A&M when they're surrounded by 100,000 A&M fans doesn't mean they're not going to turn around and do it on the internet.

What you tried to insinuate I said: eVeRyThInG oN sOcIaL mEdIa Is tRuE

Take your strawman elsewhere.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
SBISA Victim said:

What did we ever do to them? I'm not talking about sip. I'm talking about other places. Recently I've heard LSU fans say they would have traded their Alabama win for a win against us.

Because you touch yourself at night
-Ben There/R.C.
Aggie1188
Get some women. Nobody likes seeing no women during football games on Tv.
Aggie1188
Chester said:

fla_agfan said:

Obligatory...

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us.
You got it. They hate and fear A&M because of a unique and superior combination of money, facilities, educational opportunities, recruiting base and passionate fans. Simple as that.
nobody cares about that
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yep, this guy gets it

A&M has an official cheer team. Let the ladies cheer, forchrist'ssake
-Ben There/R.C.
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggieair said:

PascalsWager said:

Outside of Texas and maybe Louisiana and Arkansas, they don't think about us at all.

And if they do, at best they think we're rich and underachieving. At worst they think we're quirky.

That's how it used to be.

You must not be paying attention then, because flaming on A&M has become rampant on social media and is the trendy thing to do now. It's the same with other fanbases in person from other states.

Very much this. Everywhere on social media.
StinkyPinky
AG
Amazing reading through this how much self unawareness there is.
bowhuntr
Agree that outside of Texas, there WAS little, mixed awareness/hate of A&M until the Jimbo contract. I believe that was the catalyst for all the of new, extra attention. If Sumlin was still at the helm this season with a smaller contract, a lot of this chatter doesn't exist.
Tango_Mike
Chester said:

fla_agfan said:

Obligatory...

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us.
You got it. They hate and fear A&M because of a unique and superior combination of money, facilities, educational opportunities, recruiting base and passionate fans. Simple as that.

This is the same guy that has said multiple times (in this very thread) that there is no truth to A&M having an unearned superiority complex

And see the million times anyone that doesn't 100% toe the line is called "troll," "sip," etc. and told to leave, Highway 6 runs both ways, give back your ring/diploma (??). We're a very arrogant fanbase whose "true to each other" and "welcoming / classy" platitudes fall on their face at the first opportunity

This thread existing is pretty much a perfect illustration. Nobody outside TexAgs and Randolph Duke hate A&M. People in North Carolina think of A&M about the same and about as often as they think of Iowa State. People in Missouri think of A&M about the same and about as often as they think of U of Virginia.
rshackelford
AG
TxAg76 said:

Our greatest memorable string of success (not just single season) was 30+ years ago.
And even then, we didn't win it.

And while the milkmen are part of what makes us unique, it's kinda weird.
Plus most corps turds are insufferable to outsiders, being a little over the top with their Aggie enthusiasm

But like every fanbase, there's always some idiots sprinkled among some good peeps too

This post pretty much sums it up. To those in the thread disagreeing with any of this, go ahead, spend an hour if you can find the time, and browse some of the other school's texags equivalent. You'll find this all to be basically spot on. You may get some well wishers from some old fogeys at opposing stadiums, but the overall consensus about us from opposing student bodies is generally negative. They do in fact think we are weird, underachieving, and insufferable. It's just the truth. Good bad or indifferent, that's how it is. I don't care. It's somewhat entertaining to a point.

Never would desire to carry the role of the "fool"… but I did read recently a funny quote which was "don't stress about receiving adoration from people who hate you. Instead take joy in being the most annoying person they've ever met". Or something to that effect. I kind of feel that way about other opposing schools hating us.
HoustonAg2106
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Also, they think we are weird with all the yell leader stuff

Overreaction and NOT literal.

We have two Heisman trophy winners, several other individual awards, and several conference championships.

Semantics

National championships are why we play the game friend

Not semantics, friend.
You said we've accomplished "literally nothing" and you're wrong.

Geez don't take the word literally so literally guy

You know exactly what I mean, we haven't accomplished anywhere near enough that justifies us flying around like a bunch of peacocks

Don't be so emotional. Yeah everyone wants a national championship. Every team is after that. Only one wins it. Saying that anything short of that is absolute failure is a ridiculous narrative.

I don't think A&M talks a lot of **** but I also don't think we should take other people talking **** to/about us lying down either. That sounds like a very beta attitude.

I'm not emotional about it at all actually, I just firmly believe if you are going to talk about how great you are you better back it up. Going into this season we were the loudest we have ever been because of a recruiting class and then promptly finished dead last in the SEC. Sure we can keep talking **** going into next year, but that won't do anything unless we actually win, and I don't mean 8-4 bud.

Kirk Herbstreit said it best on gameday after we lost to App State, one recruiting class doesn't make you Alabama
VatoLocoAggie
They hate us because they ain't us. They are all totally jealous of us. Whoop!
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
HoustonAg2106
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

It definitely helps to tell yourself that
Al Bula
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

It definitely helps to tell yourself that
Vato is a texags-sponsored spam troll. Don't respond to it.
Al Bula
AG
There are also some super cringey former students who do a great job of validating the weird perception out in the business world.

Make no mistake, alums from other schools love to judge A&M on those dorky grads who can't seem to grow out of the "redass" phase of being in school.

It's not bad to retain Aggie Spirit after graduation, but there are those that gush spirit and others absolutely treat it as odd and downright weird.
DrAg14
AG
No Conference Championships
No National Titles
No Playoff appearances.....yet talk like we have been there and got the ring.
Other programs have forgotten more than we know about being competitive. (Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Clemson, Georgia)

All Hat No cattle
All smack talk and can't back it up
Empty promises
Consistently meet the low expectations of mediocracy
Over inflated sense of self-importance
Think $$$ is the solution v. actual hard work and effort

I am sure that only scratches the surface.
TheAccidentalAg
AG
DrAg14 said:

No Conference Championships
No National Titles
No Playoff appearances.....yet talk like we have been there and got the ring.
Other programs have forgotten more than we know about being competitive. (Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Clemson, Georgia)

All Hat No cattle
All smack talk and can't back it up
Empty promises
Consistently meet the low expectations of mediocracy
Over inflated sense of self-importance
Think $$$ is the solution v. actual hard work and effort

I am sure that only scratches the surface.

Add to that big talking and big fail Manziel and Phisher.

I would have hoped that after last years talking (and, to his credit, backing it up) Phisher would have decided to not engage, but hubris took over.
EclipseAg
AG
Aggieair said:

What I said: Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company.
I would say people on social media -- Twitter, especially -- are just looking for a quick kill or trying to be funny. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon without much deep thought or feeling.
Dark_Knight
AG
Boy some of yall love to hate on your own school.

I've never seen Ags not be humble compared to other school fans, especially compared tsips, sooners, LSU and bama fans. Yea I've heard the thing where people think we're arrogant or too proud, but we just carry our pride for our school on our sleeves.....we're not ashamed of our school, like a Texas state or UTD grad would be.

I think we "talk big" because a lot of us have faith in the team or our ability to compete. Yea, we've fallen short a lot of years, but I don't see what's wrong with school pride and having hope.

I think people just love to hate and that's that. We're that weird military conservative school and it's easy to bash us. I couldn't care less, I know my school is still better.
Because I'm Batman!

Charlie 31
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

Your signature block includes: "Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 1940."

I am quite sure no other university or university fan base is "totally jealous" that our Texas Aggies last won football national championships during and just after World War I, in the Roaring 20's, and at the start of World War II.

Gig 'em!
Chester
txaggieacct85 said:

Our rich heritage, history and traditions are what makes us unique.

Not interesting in being dope or fire or lit or woke .

If you wanted that you should have gone down the street about 2 hours west.

I think we have been getting a lot of exposure from the media and have been overrated a lot, but finished with a ranking of 4 in 2020 and beating Alabama twice created more exposure.

I think there's some jealousy from other fans becuse of various factors, but I also know a lot of other schools fans love our rich heritage and tradition and the fact we don't change to be like every other school.
100% correct!!!
Chester
Truvada
You are confusing hate for ridicule no one hates us
Houstonag
AG
Most of you guys have it wrong. It is not the sports but the success of our graduates that cover the world.
romanagg11
Why do we care what other fans think about Aggies? Stop being a poosey and man up. Opinions of others , especially negative one, is none of your business. Carry on.
Aggie Dad Sip
I honestly don't think any other fan base hates Texas A&M at all. Everyone hates Texas because of their arrogance and condescending attitude. Everybody hates Alabama because they win all the time and Saban's an unapologetic jerk. Everyone hates OU for the reason they hate Texas except OU wins (pre 2022 anyway).

Texas A&M is seen by most college fans as a lovably scrappy oddball underdog that takes down a giant every year or so but otherwise posts a solid 8-5 to 9-4 most years and has one of the coolest home atmospheres in college football.
Chester
Truvada said:

100% wrong!!!
Chester
Ag Tag
Truvada said:

Maybe it's both.
levypantsEOY
Dark_Knight said:

I've never seen Ags not be humble compared to other school fans….
….I know my school is still better.

Lol Dark Knight is a zoo treasure who should be protected at all costs. Hilarious stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.