Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I have a question. Why do other schools hat us so?

11,185 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by infinity ag
Ag Tag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fear and envy.
PanzerAggie06
AG
They hate us because we are the equivalent of the obnoxious little man in HS who has rich parents, drives an expensive car, and is always reminding people about how rich his family is. The same kid that makes average grades, is 3rd string on the football team, and brags about the super hot girlfriend he has that no one has ever seen because she lives in Canada.

We are all talk.
Actual Talking Thermos
HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Also, they think we are weird with all the yell leader stuff

Overreaction and NOT literal.

We have two Heisman trophy winners, several other individual awards, and several conference championships.

Semantics

National championships are why we play the game friend
See this is why people laugh at you
BadAggie
AG
Emo Ag threads are the worst.
Gunny456
AG
Yea. The yell leaders are definitely why. Watching the Georgia/LSU game and they just showed a long hair dude and a heavy set colored dude dressed in blue tights In the middle of their women drill team twirking with them..... and our multi decade of yell leader tradition is considered weird?
I may think it weird... but it does not make me hate LSU. Don't think our yell leaders cause hate from other schools imho.
Actual Talking Thermos
Gunny456 said:

Watching the Georgia/LSU game and they just showed a long hair dude and a heavy set colored dude
a what now
PascalsWager
AG
Aggieair said:

PascalsWager said:

Outside of Texas and maybe Louisiana and Arkansas, they don't think about us at all.

And if they do, at best they think we're rich and underachieving. At worst they think we're quirky.

That's how it used to be.

You must not be paying attention then, because flaming on A&M has become rampant on social media and is the trendy thing to do now. It's the same with other fanbases in person from other states.
Let's talk outside of social media.

I've ONLY lived outside of Texas since finishing my schooling. I've lived everywhere from the northeast to North Carolina to California. I'm still a college football fan and I attend games all over the country. I talk to college football fans all over the country.

When I tell people I went to A&M, they'll talk about the strong academics and unique football experience. That's all I've ever gotten. I thought it was SHOCKING how sensitive people are on here, until I talked to some people from Texas and Louisiana who had all kinds of laughter and hate for us.

I would guess a LOT of the those social media accounts, have TX, LA, AR, or OK roots.
Hehateme1
Because you touch yourself at night.

Do you have any other hard questions for your Uncle Mikey?
mshipp88
justcallmeharry said:

They 'hat us" because we can't spell "hate."

neil trap?
TXAG 05
AG
Chester said:

TXAG 05 said:

Chester said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Your first paragraph was spot on. Your second statement is dumb.

Most of time when I hear people complaining about us is that a lot of fan act like we are blue blood world beaters when we have been average at best for most of our history.
Nope.

No, it's true. It may not be a main reason, but it is a reason. Just look at this board, it's amazing how many people on here don't realize that outside of some brief flashes, we've never been that good.
greg.w.h
AG
SBISA Victim said:

What did we ever do to them? I'm not talking about sip. I'm talking about other places. Recently I've heard LSU fans say they would have traded their Alabama win for a win against us.
Cant say hat without a red face…we have rules…
uneedastraw
If it's a younger LSU fan, it's because of the 7 overtime loss. If it's an older fan, it's that and the fact we beat them consistently in the 90's AND we give them a hard time for running away from their agreement to play us because of said losses.

Those are the reasons. It's not because we are weird or arrogant.
Chester
Chester said:

fla_agfan said:

Obligatory...

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us.
You got it. They hate and fear A&M because of a unique and superior combination of money, facilities, educational opportunities, recruiting base and passionate fans. Simple as that.
Chester
KatyAggie01
The 53 starred post on page 1 killed it.
AGFEVER
They hate us because we have all the resources any program could want....we talk about how next year is our year (every year) and then we squander every opportunity. I know that gets old to me...I can't imagine if I was a fan of another program and had to hear that every year.

I'm sure BDF teams hate us because we always talk about how we're superior because of the SEC and that if we were still in that conference we would be winning championships. (which nobody believes but us)
Girlhowdy
AG
Bill Superman said:

Because the media tells them to.

This is correct answer.
72jag
AG
Because we are like the DC elites. Have so much money but can only buy mediocrity.
HoustonAg2106
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

We have two Heisman trophy winners, several other individual awards, and several conference championships.

Semantics

Not semantics, friend.
You said we've accomplished "literally nothing" and you're wrong.

Geez don't take the word literally so literally guy

You know exactly what I mean, we haven't accomplished anywhere near enough that justifies us flying around like a bunch of peacocks
Aggieair
PascalsWager said:

Aggieair said:

PascalsWager said:

Outside of Texas and maybe Louisiana and Arkansas, they don't think about us at all.

And if they do, at best they think we're rich and underachieving. At worst they think we're quirky.

You must not be paying attention then, because flaming on A&M has become rampant on social media and is the trendy thing to do now. It's the same with other fanbases in person from other states.

I've ONLY lived outside of Texas since finishing my schooling. I've lived everywhere from the northeast to North Carolina to California. I'm still a college football fan and I attend games all over the country. I talk to college football fans all over the country.

When I tell people I went to A&M, they'll talk about the strong academics and unique football experience. That's all I've ever gotten. I thought it was SHOCKING how sensitive people are on here, until I talked to some people from Texas and Louisiana who had all kinds of laughter and hate for us.

I would guess a LOT of the those social media accounts, have TX, LA, AR, or OK roots.

I also have lived entirely outside of Texas and work around people every single day that are not from Texas in the military. It 100% has changed in the past year.

Get out of the TexAgs echo chamber and go on a non-affiliated social media platform like Reddit CFB forum. A&M has been roasted on there pretty much every single day of this season. Or go on any of Staurday Down South's pages and see how the other SEC fanbases view us. FSU is another fan base that hates us right now for obvious reasons stated jn my other post.
dixichkn
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Chester said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Both paragraphs are wrong!

Most of time when I hear people complaining about us is that a lot of fan act like we are blue blood world beaters when we have been average at best for most of our history.
There wouldn't be such widespread, rampant BAS if that were the case
Leander - Ag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

And best recruiting class in history
PascalsWager
AG
Aggieair said:

PascalsWager said:

Aggieair said:

PascalsWager said:

I also have lived entirely outside of Texas and work around people every single day that are not from Texas in the military. It 100% has changed in the past year.

Get out of the TexAgs echo chamber and go on a non-affiliated social media platform like Reddit CFB forum. A&M has been roasted on there pretty much every single day of this season. Or go on any of Staurday Down South's pages and see how the other SEC fanbases view us. FSU is another fan base that hates us right now for obvious reasons stated jn my other post.
We are not on the same page. I don't care about social media. I don't see it as a good representation of anything other than its specific users. I'm sure you are correct; I'm not disputing what you are saying about Reddit or Saturday Down South.

I also have no idea about how the rest of the SEC or the South views us. I don't live there and I don't interact with too many people from there. So I'll take your word for it that we are universally lampooned from Florida to Lubbock.

All I know is the idea that the entire college football universe is laughing at us is wildly overstated on here. Outside the conference and state footprint (all those people have a strong regional reason to hate us), no one thinks of us as anything more than a good school with an underachieving football team.
Charlie 31
AG
Chester said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Both paragraphs are wrong!
Aggieair
Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company.
OKC~Ag
well. f'em all

Really, do you have any team that you like?

aglaes
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

They definitely think we're weird, but I don't think that's why they hate us.

We're pretty good at disparaging everyone, and thinking we are somehow better. I think that's why they hate us.
Chester
Aggieair said:

Social media is often a better representation of what people actually think- they're saying what's actually on their mind as opposed to a handful of people trying to be polite when in your company.
I hope you don't believe everything you see on social media.
Chester
Aggieair
Chester said:

Aggieair said:

You either didn't read what I wrote, or didn't understand it.
AggieArchitect04
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Semantics

Not semantics, friend.
You said we've accomplished "literally nothing" and you're wrong.

Geez don't take the word literally so literally guy

You know exactly what I mean, we haven't accomplished anywhere near enough that justifies us flying around like a bunch of peacocks

Don't be so emotional. Yeah everyone wants a national championship. Every team is after that. Only one wins it. Saying that anything short of that is absolute failure is a ridiculous narrative.

I don't think A&M talks a lot of **** but I also don't think we should take other people talking **** to/about us lying down either. That sounds like a very beta attitude.
DecadePlan
AG
When I lived outside the state, the statement about "not thinking about us at all" held true. I don't think it's true anymore - and I believe we are still generally blamed for the split of the rivalry game with Sip. Football fans are generally too lazy to accept the more complex and obvious explanation that Texas doesn't play well with others and finally got called on it.

Also, I'm sure we're also judged on our conservative and more religious reputation.
TXCoonhound
That means nothing without wins
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

No. He's not wrong.

9 times out of 10, yell leaders in this current day are a black eye on the university
-Ben There/R.C.
Chester
Aggieair said:

Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Let me explain it to you. Social media is not real life or anything near it.
Chester
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Chester said:

Aggieair said:

Let me explain it to you. Social media is not real life or anything near it.

Are you Tandy's dog
-Ben There/R.C.
Charlie 31
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.