Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I have a question. Why do other schools hat us so?

11,142 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by infinity ag
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did we ever do to them? I'm not talking about sip. I'm talking about other places. Recently I've heard LSU fans say they would have traded their Alabama win for a win against us.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Also, they think we are weird with all the yell leader stuff
northeastag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

I guess they're pretty smart after all.
JBGoode
AG
Because we're not cookie cutter U. But fret not, we're working on it.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Your first paragraph was spot on. Your second statement is dumb.
deer corn
Who cares? Hates still means relevant and in others' domes.

A true SEC CC wouldn't give us a second thought. Hmm

But fess up...who has been running their mouth? Stop it.
Bill Superman
AG
Because the media tells them to.
CrawlingNo5
AG
Because we are weird and proud of it
ac
It's called "talking the talk but not walking the walk."
JBGoode
AG
Just wait till it's us and the sips in the SEC championship.

They'll have divisions created before nightfall.
HoustonAg2106
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

After App State beat us the video of yell practice went viral and everyone was talking about how corny and weird we are. Other schools talk about it all the time. This one is from a Baton Rouge radio show that my friend showed me. It is kind of funny though.

AggieArchitect04
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Overreaction and NOT literal.

We have two Heisman trophy winners, several other individual awards, and several conference championships.
HoustonAg2106
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

We have two Heisman trophy winners, several other individual awards, and several conference championships.

Semantics

National championships are why we play the game friend
PabloSerna
AG
We have the real 12th Man and they don't. Simple. We love our teams no matter what.
UTExan
Money. They resent so much capital being thrown around with subpar results. It offends not just football fans, but the human spirit to see a great school so ill-served when offering huge sums to coaches.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
zephyr88
AG
We have the best facilities and the best equipment, but don't know how to use it. They're jealous of what we have.
PascalsWager
AG
Outside of Texas and maybe Louisiana and Arkansas, they don't think about us at all.

And if they do, at best they think we're rich and underachieving. At worst they think we're quirky.

Cromagnum
AG
JBGoode said:

Just wait till it's us and the sips in the SEC championship.

They'll have divisions created before nightfall.

It won't be if we are in the same pod as sip.
TeeShirt Sip
HoustonAg2106 said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

After App State beat us the video of yell practice went viral and everyone was talking about how corny and weird we are. Other schools talk about it all the time. This one is from a Baton Rouge radio show that my friend showed me. It is kind of funny though.

Thanks for the laughs. Sense of humor required if an aggie.
Muy
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Who is running our mouths off exactly.?
Chester
The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Both paragraphs are wrong!
Chester
Aggieair
Money is the biggest part of it.

Prior to us hiring Jimbo away from FSU in 2017, really the only schools that hated us were former Big 12 South members, and maybe LSU and Arkansas to a lesser extent. The rest of the SEC, except for maybe our mini rivalry with Bama in 2012-2013, was probably pretty neutral towards us.

The big contract for Jimbo in 2017 suddenly made everyone aware nationally that we have a LOT of money as a school/athletic program. A lot of people were miffed that we could make that hire, because it seemed like we were disturbing the natural order of the way things should be.

The 2022 recruiting class amplified that feeling x100. I've noticed people I'm friends with from other SEC schools (besides Arky, LSU, and Bama) absolutely hate us now. The Mississippi schools and other similar programs are pissed that a program that they always perceived as being on the same level them might be able to spend its way to the next level, when they know they'll never be able to do that.

Jimbo's feud with Saban obviously amplified all of that, and then this absolute catastrophe of a season made us the low-hanging fruit for everyone that thinks that money is ruining college football.
Aggieair
PascalsWager said:

Outside of Texas and maybe Louisiana and Arkansas, they don't think about us at all.

And if they do, at best they think we're rich and underachieving. At worst they think we're quirky.

That's how it used to be.

You must not be paying attention then, because flaming on A&M has become rampant on social media and is the trendy thing to do now. It's the same with other fanbases in person from other states.
Aggie87
AG
SBISA Victim said:

What did we ever do to them? I'm not talking about sip. I'm talking about other places. Recently I've heard LSU fans say they would have traded their Alabama win for a win against us.

A loss to Alabama would be "normal" for LSU. A loss to this year's A&M team was embarrassing for them.

It's not because they hate us, it's because of what it exposed about their team.
TXAG 05
AG
Chester said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Both paragraphs are wrong!

Most of time when I hear people complaining about us is that a lot of fan act like we are blue blood world beaters when we have been average at best for most of our history.
AggieArchitect04
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Semantics

National championships are why we play the game friend

Not semantics, friend.
You said we've accomplished "literally nothing" and you're wrong.
Chester
TXAG 05 said:

Chester said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Most of time when I hear people complaining about us is that a lot of fan act like we are blue blood world beaters when we have been average at best for most of our history.
Nope.
Chester
ChemEAg08
AG
Flak is heaviest when you are directly over the target.
TxAg76
AG
Our greatest memorable string of success (not just single season) was 30+ years ago.
And even then, we didn't win it.

And while the milkmen are part of what makes us unique, it's kinda weird.
Plus most corps turds are insufferable to outsiders, being a little over the top with their Aggie enthusiasm

But like every fanbase, there's always some idiots sprinkled among some good peeps too
aggiedad7
Bill Superman said:

Because the media tells them to.
Please. We're irrelevant to most of the media. We haven't won enough to be relevant. Only time the media has given a crap about us in the last 3 decades was when Johnny was here. The media likes controversy which along with winning made us relevant to them for a couple of years.
NyAggie
AG
Aggieair said:

Money is the biggest part of it.

Prior to us hiring Jimbo away from FSU in 2017, really the only schools that hated us were former Big 12 South members, and maybe LSU and Arkansas to a lesser extent. The rest of the SEC, except for maybe our mini rivalry with Bama in 2012-2013, was probably pretty neutral towards us.

The big contract for Jimbo in 2017 suddenly made everyone aware nationally that we have a LOT of money as a school/athletic program. A lot of people were miffed that we could make that hire, because it seemed like we were disturbing the natural order of the way things should be.

The 2022 recruiting class amplified that feeling x100. I've noticed people I'm friends with from other SEC schools (besides Arky, LSU, and Bama) absolutely hate us now. The Mississippi schools and other similar programs are pissed that a program that they always perceived as being on the same level them might be able to spend its way to the next level, when they know they'll never be able to do that.

Jimbo's feud with Saban obviously amplified all of that, and then this absolute catastrophe of a season made us the low-hanging fruit for everyone that thinks that money is ruining college football.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Pure jealousy for some (miss schools, ark, etc) and pure fear for others (lsu, bama etc…)
justcallmeharry
S
They 'hat us" because we can't spell "hate."
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Being hated has served the Astros well.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
fla_agfan
Obligatory...

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us.
Chester
fla_agfan said:

Obligatory...

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us.
You got it. They hate and fear A&M because of a unique and superior combination of money, facilities, educational opportunities, recruiting base and passionate fans. Simple as that.
Chester
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.