Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If the ACC folds, I can see Notre Dame

8,631 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you take the tinfoil hat off before getting in bed? Or go ahead and sleep in it to?
Jimbo4win
AG
20ag07 said:

Do you take the tinfoil hat off before getting in bed? Or go ahead and sleep in it to?

Not bad..must admit this made me laugh. I truly hope everything you have described works out exactly as you have described it playing out. Take care, good Sir.
Sublette County
AG
Jimbo4win said:

Jimbo4win said:

civilaggie2011 said:

And why do you keep talking about Stanford? Literally no one wants them. They have a ton of Director's Cups under their belt, but none of that matters. They have a football fan base of dozens.

I don't keep talking about Stanford. I mention Stanford as an example of a program that had a very good football program in the not so distant past. If you prefer I use another school, I will gladly do so.

2011 11-2
2012 12-2
2013 11-3
2014 8-5
2015 12-2
2016 10-3

I'll be more than happy to never mention them again if you feel Stanford is an irrelevant program and doesn't deserve to enter in to any hypothetical scenario.

If that's your criteria, why not Baylor? They're like Stanford but with better recent football history, better potential, marginally larger fanbase, and crappier academics (irrelevant). Let's throw Okie State and Cincinnati in the mix too.
bryanw1995
AG
Jimbo4win said:

Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Notre Dame, Clemson, North Carolina and Duke and Miami will join the BIG first to get to 24. And with these additions, the BIG becomes the best conference in the country. I truly believe we need to be in firm talks with the BIG as we would be a HUGE get for them. They would rather have Texas A&M than any other school on this list other than ND. We are in a position of strength and in a fantastic position to test our value. What does it hurt to talk? It's business, nothing personal..
Ok man.

What's your job title at the B1G office?
bryanw1995
AG
Jimbo4win said:

Panama Red said:

It is not just a matter of money. The SEC would have to agree to any deal. If we leave, we owe SEC all the money we get from a Big 10 TV deal. What is there incentive to let us out with 10 years remaining? There is none.

Clemson, etc. likely have a choice to make: Big 10 or SEC. The ACC is likely finished in the next decade. A&M does not have to make any such decision. We are already in a great deal.

I have not seen any evidence that any of the ACC schools are having deep discussions to move any either conference in the quick future. Possibly they are, possible they aren't. You don't know either way, nor do I.

But if they are, they have something A&M does not. If Florida State and Clemson types leave the ACC to SEC,
ESPN will say they don't owe as much money anymore given the material change to the terms of their contract. So they would want to renegotiate. ESPN would do this to implode the ACC. IF that happens, there is no GoR to worry about any longer.

If A&M decides to leave the SEC, ESPN has no incentive to end its contract with the SEC. Talking with the Big 10 is not the issue, its figuring out how to deal with losing a decade of TV fees. Its not feasible. No matter how rich you think we are.

It's not how rich I think we are. It's how rich we are. There will never be a year going forward in which we are not one of the top 3 wealthiest athletic programs in the country-FACT. In addition, you have failed to mention FOX. You explain the downside without explaining FOX's incentive to add an absolute massive power house in Texas A&M. What are they willing to do? In essence, you used a lot of words to tell me everything I already know. No offense.
How long of a time period are you forecasting? Before we joined the SEC, we were barely top 20. Now, we're top 3, and you want to leave b/c they hurt your feelings by letting little brother join us?

Grow up.
bryanw1995
AG
Jimbo4win said:

JBGoode said:

Um Jimbo… Texans don't follow Big Ten football. You haul A&M off to that conference and you can flush the A&M wealth that you love to throw around.

Texans don't care, and non-gen Z Aggies will care less. You need to lay off this Big Ten crap because its a cultural no-go, about as "un" Texas A&M as you can get, and BMD's won't support it.

The purpose of an education is replacing an empty mind with an open mind.
And yet...your mind is clearly stuck on a single track. I'm starting to doubt your Ag tag.
BMX Bandit
this guy saying move to big10 is trolling, right?
Panama Red
AG
aggiehawg said:

We are only a few years removed from ESPN really tightening their financial belts at the order of Disney.

Now ESPN has the means to start money whipping programs and conferences? Even with Mother Ship Disney taking financial hits for being woke and inflation where a big cable or other bill is less a necessity of buying gas and food?
Paying new SEC less expensive than paying SEC and ACC. This is also about control moving forward.

Now imagine Big12 picking up Miami, Louisville and Pitt.
aggiehawg
AG
Panama Red said:

aggiehawg said:

We are only a few years removed from ESPN really tightening their financial belts at the order of Disney.

Now ESPN has the means to start money whipping programs and conferences? Even with Mother Ship Disney taking financial hits for being woke and inflation where a big cable or other bill is less a necessity of buying gas and food?
Paying new SEC less expensive than paying SEC and ACC. This is also about control moving forward.

That guy follows swimming. Don't think he's that plugged in.
JJxvi
AG
Texas and Oklahoma were essentially free agents and picked the SEC, and Texas despite an academic and prestige arrogance that wouldve loved the Big Ten. Being a member of the SEC is a better deal than the Big Ten. Texas and Oklahoma basically admitted that A&M and Missouri won the Big XII breakups last year.
rootube
AG
The B10 is not too shabby here are the most viewed games and why ND has no choice to stay independent.
bryanw1995
AG
aggiehawg said:

Panama Red said:

aggiehawg said:

That guy follows swimming. Don't think he's that plugged in.
Yeah, the swimming coach at Wake Forest told him this earlier just to troll him I bet.
TXAGBQ76
AG
ND doesn't want any part of the SEC they've already embarrassed themselves playing SEC teams in single game situations, they don't want it every weekend.

The B1G offers a much easier path for them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.