Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,486 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

His NIL deal required him to start x number of games, and he asked to play in x games when he committed. That promise didn't happen… so he bounced
do you have a link for this? every state I have seen prohibits NIL deals based on playing time.

That was my understanding as well. They cannot be tied to playing time, performance, or choosing specific teams.
htownag10
AG
Are NIL details public? I wonder if they should be for students who attend at least a public school. The same as if you can look up every salary of public school employees.
Jason C.
AG
So it sounds like a sip lock, but poor sip has convinced him to release a top three so sip can "win" a "head-to-head" recruiting battle?
ashley
His mullet beat it Billy Ray Cyrus for worst ever.
Chester
AG
ashley said:

His mullet beat it Billy Ray Cyrus for worst ever.
Leave the kid alone!
Chester
Marcus Brutus
W said:

HSEAG13 said:

Bigger question is what strings are attached to an NIL deal?
seriously...he got over one million in NIL deals.

what are those Ohio State sponsors / boosters thinking now?

they got absolutely played and then some

That's hilarious! Just the beginning of thar kind of stuff.
Charlie Murphy
Jason C. said:

So it sounds like a sip lock, but poor sip has convinced him to release a top three so sip can "win" a "head-to-head" recruiting battle?

Possibly. I just don't see the interest from our side. Why would we need two 5 star qbs in the same class?
Sq 17
Pretty sure he is getting paid as a social influencer , which is why I think he is going to USC ( tu also would be a place to make very good influencer money ) , he is allowed to get paid because of NIL but it might be slightly different . As an influencer he might be required to get on the field somewhere to get his money.
Cactus Jack Spivey
Ewers was heading to Austin as early as Sept. tu was close to flipping Devon Brown from SC (staff knows Murphy is a huge project), Brown flips to tOSU, Ewers is in the portal. Understand that the reason we are included in the possible destinations is the create the illusion of a sip head-to-head victory and gain momentum, which they have none of presently. They will get a bump, but this is all being orchestrated. Don't take the bait.
dcg4403
AG
TexAg15 said:

Yeah…… I don't get why we wouldn't want him…..

This staff would be absolutely 100% stupid if they are not pursuing this kid immediately and inform him that QB1 is his IF he wins it.

Guys thinking we have the future? Give me a break. In what world would you not want to seek the highest talent you can acquire at each position. Plus we know what we have in Zach and Haynes is still unknown. And Weigman is a true freshman.
Ulrich
You get one top flight QB per year. Weigman + Ewers isn't a choice, or at least it's a vanishingly unlikely one. It's Weigman or Ewers.

Personally, I'd rather stick with the guys we've got, use the spot for another top offensive lineman to block for King/Weigman/Calzada, and get the next QB in 2023.
MagnumLoad
NO!! NFW! Got King and Weigman who committed here to start with. Let the sips deal with that cancer. Got some real dim wits on here
rangerdanger
AG
dcg4403 said:

TexAg15 said:

This staff would be absolutely 100% stupid if they are not pursuing this kid immediately and inform him that QB1 is his IF he wins it.

Guys thinking we have the future? Give me a break. In what world would you not want to seek the highest talent you can acquire at each position. Plus we know what we have in Zach and Haynes is still unknown. And Weigman is a true freshman.

I really think it's up to whether this kid is up to the challenge of the competing for the job and immediately playing in the SEC. I'm sure Jimbo has the door open.
Chester
AG
dcg4403 said:

TexAg15 said:

No. We don't need this kid. We have enough talent on the roster and coming in. We do not need any locker room drama!!!
Chester
dcg4403
AG
rangerdanger said:

dcg4403 said:

TexAg15 said:

I really think it's up to whether this kid is up to the challenge of the competing for the job and immediately playing in the SEC. I'm sure Jimbo has the door open.

Def agree with this. Gotta explore Ewers and at least have the conversation. No rule that you can't bring it two elite QBs in the same class guys! All depends on how much they want to seek competition and hopefully Weigman isn't afraid of it. Rather see a kid transfer or no sign if he shows signs of being entitled. I don't care if it is Haynes, Weigman or Ewers. I just want the kid that isn't afraid to compete for QB1 this coming Spring and thru Summer.
Sq 17
It might not be a rule but it would be exceedingly stupid to bring in two 5* guys in the same class
Chester
AG
Sq 17 said:

It might not be a rule but it would be exceedingly stupid to bring in two 5* guys in the same class
You are 100% correct!
Chester
Sq 17
Glad you agree where's my blue star

Love the mullet comment and if I could I would also give you 100 blue stars
pbaitman
I don't doubt the kid is good, but likely very overrated given he just got to sit back with zero pressure or competition and throw bombs to wide open receivers. Like how great Card is or how Kenny Trill was. If he was as great as advertised, why was he like 3rd string at OSU. He is transferring because he isn't going to play for a while given he can't beat out the other QBs. Likely going to sip and perfect off season we are back hype. See it now, "We just need a qb to fit our system," yeah, because Card or Thompson wasn't the hype wagon before. We have qbs lined up, we don't need the drama, divide, or a quitter on our Team.
Chester
AG
Sq 17 said:

Glad you agree where's my blue star
I would give you a hundred blue stars if I could!
Chester
Ulrich
Everyone we have is already competing with 2-3 other guys at all times; we only get the depth we have because they are different ages. These guys are all top tier NFL prospects; for their futures they have to make sure they get on the field somewhere. They aren't walkons from Caldwell and Navasota who are going to pick up the torch at the family insurance agency after graduation, they have a completely different set of considerations.
Class of 65
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

God we need him
Don't use God's name in vain
12thMan9
AG
cc10106 said:

Losing Weigman due to signing this kid and later regretting it would be so A&M and likely unforgivable.

Besides how'd it work out the last time a Southlake Carroll kid was A&M's starting QB?
Who are you referring to from SLC?
Ronnie '88
nu awlins ag
AG
Remember, the kid that replaced him is doing just as well numbers wise. Should A&M recruit him as well? The kid is leaving because of some NIL thing, which again, goes back to "character". You want a confident QB, but the ego has to fit in the room. Not sure his does.
-------------------------------------------------------
[You aren't talking about anything on here until tomorrow. -Staff]

nu awlins ag

LMAO

Nu Awlins Ag for New TAMU President!!!!!!!
cc10106
1. A&M will have 3 scholarship QBs next year and a walk-on; do teams typically have more than that? If Calzada transfers, this can obviously change.

2. Can Jimbo manage keeping two 5 star QBs happy without losing both like Sumlin did? That set A&M back multiple seasons and forced Mond into playing when he wasn't ready (regardless of Starkel's injury). I know things have changed with the portal and transfer rules.

3. Is Ewers interested in being part of something bigger and a good teammate or just getting paid? Need to keep the distractions to a minimum.
GigEmTx
CJ Stroud won the QB competition as a Freshman. Given that he now has a year of starting experience on a really good team over Ewers, there's a very low chance Ewers sees the field at OSU other than mopping up. For the #1 recruit in his class, he's doing the right thing transferring because otherwise, he'd likely be waiting another two full years to play.

He'll be a benefit to whichever team gets him. It'll probably be tu and he'll look good in the big 12.I'd love for him to come to A&M and provide additional competition for the spot, but after gaming on OSU and not winning the spot, he only has one transfer that'll get him immediate eligibility to play. He'll go somewhere without a major competitor for starting QB - likely tu.
HECUBUS
AG
Watched the 2020 Dodge Bowl and Klubnik was much better that day, 52-34. Quinn might have been injured still, or coming off an injury. However, I saw Klubnik play after a long absence due to injury and you couldn't tell he missed a day. No two injuries are the same and WL usually has the best defense, special teams, Oline, receivers, and running backs on the field. The backup QBs plug in and look as good as Klubnik. It's an amazing program for the HS level.

I think ATM and Clemson both got great QBs. I didn't think Nick Foles was D1 material. Drew Brees was Johnny Football way before JFF, but too small for the NFL. I'm a proven Zoo level expert.
SBISA Victim
AG
I'm on the fence. Yes he was the #1 prospect overall but he forgoed his senior year in high school to enroll at Ohio State a year early. If we get him it would be another starting QB that hasn't started a game in 2 years.
Southlake

I didn't think Nick Foles was D1 material. Drew Brees was Johnny Football way before JFF.

Ha, Riley Dodge beat Westlake and Nick Foles for the state championship. Chase Daniel beat Katy and Andy Dalton.

Last year, Ewers had hernia surgery mid season and missed 7 games. He didn't run the ball after he returned. His soph year, he ran for over 1000 yards and was the second fastest player on the team ( Sampson).

Word around here is he is homesick and hasn't been back to 100%. Also, he was reluctant to take the NIL and give up his senior year, but word is that his family pressured him.

He was a very popular player and team leader. Not selfish nor self absorbed.

My only concern with Wieg is that he plays baseball? If that's the case, I'd love to have Ewers at A&M.

I'd bet he goes to tu. His folks went there.

But as far as a player goes, he's really special as he took SL to the state championship game and scored over 30 against an awesome Westlake team which will repeat undefeated this year. He stays in the pocket, he makes every throw and he doesn't turn the ball over.

I wish him the best of luck and hope this is a lesson to other players to stay for their senior years.
80sGeorge
AG
All true.
TxAG#2011
You mean the posters here talking about his ego and character concerns are talking out of their ass? Shocking
Anchorhold
He doesn't compare to Kyle or Kyler. He compares to Tathan.
Cactus Jack Spivey
He ain't coming here. For us- Culturally, it's dumb. We have a generational incoming class, these guys are bonded and buying in. Wiegman is a center piece and stud. You don't kick a committed stud QB to the side (he chose us before Klubnik did) and subvert chemistry. Egos and mistrust in a program give you what happens in dildo land. Our culture is phenomenal, dudes love the program.
BMX Bandit
W said:

HSEAG13 said:

Bigger question is what strings are attached to an NIL deal?
seriously...he got over one million in NIL deals.

what are those Ohio State sponsors / boosters thinking now?

they got absolutely played and then some

The sponsor/booster is thinking "oh well. At least I can write it all off as business deduction and I'm even closer to the program now. Who do I pay next?"
htownag10
AG
You're wasting your time trying to defend him on this delusional board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.