Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,495 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
Stone44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's obviously afraid of competition so he'll go to cow. They have no offensive line and one decent receiver. Good luck pretty boy.
68RebelE
AG
No, no , no!! Don't F this up. This class has picked their leaders. Weigman is one of them. Nothing needed here! Move on.
Kygigem
Sponge said:

Wiggy did at least as good as ewers at elite 11. Not sure why we would want ewers.

That's easy. Depth.
Sterling82
Kygigem said:

Sponge said:

Wiggy did at least as good as ewers at elite 11. Not sure why we would want ewers.

That's easy. Depth.

It's obvious that Ewers isn't interested in providing depth. If we take him they all won't stick around.
Anchorhold
"Hey OSU, give me all your money. LOL JK. Kthanxbai."
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Crazy that just last week a four star QB from Utah committed to the Buckeyes and said he welcomed competing against the best and Ewers transfers out. Different kids.
Weigman is enrolling in January so we are good. Texass bound but I would love for him to do well at tceh.
Jevertson
AG
Reclassified 22 to 21 so he probably recently turned 18. Probable destinations are the 3 major public schools in Texas. Maybe he's homesick. I trust whatever Jimbo does but not going to dog this kid
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Jevertson said:

Reclassified 22 to 21 so he probably recently turned 18. Probable destinations are the 3 major public schools in Texas. Maybe he's homesick. I trust whatever Jimbo does but not going to dog this kid

That's what Neiuheisel said on XM a month or so ago was that he was hearing Ewers was homesick and tu was already talking to him behind the scenes.
dixichkn
AG
doc99 said:

Ofc you want / take him (unless he is a clear team cancer)
You let the cream rise to the top. Compete for QB1.
Just like any other position from DE, to WR, to OL, to QB.
Earn the starting nod. It's as simple at that.
That's how it worked 20-30 years ago. Clearly you don't realize things have changed for these diva QBs.

"You brought competition? I thought I was your huckleberry. **** this, I'm outta here."

I don't think Weigman has that in him. Hope not anyway.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Living in Ohio would make me homesick too. Terrible state
Z3phyr
Jevertson said:

I'm assuming by 3 major public schools in texas you mean A&M, Houston and UTSA?
Bring n WOOD
AG
My hunch is that little t little u is going to be the school with the locker room drama….. I have a feeling that Sark is going to land Arch Manning and Ewers will also transfer back to Austin…

Then the Ewers cancer will eat out the Bevo flesh from the inside out!….It will be fun to watch in the next few years….

Hart-J hall
2nd osu qb to lsu?
Theresa_cates@sbcglobal
YOU DO NOT WANT THAT POFS ON YOUR TEAM IN MY OP!
htownag10
AG
Wonder how true this is.
Chester
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

God we need him
No we don't!
Chester
Theresa_cates@sbcglobal
UTAH .# 64 in 2022 recruting. Big time coaching. Ducks got kicked in the mouth early and quit, Banks needs to come back to Texas.
offenseguru
AG
To me his game in the championship vs Westlake with pressure and no time and small windows would be about what he can expect in SEC. and probably why he didn't sniff the depth chart at Ohio State. He's not athletic enough to buy time or run. And with tight windows he's just not yet confident enough.
aggiedad7
Aaron4885 said:

So out side of NIL, what did he really gain by skipping his Sr year. Why would anyone want him when he's shown twice now to quit on his team. It has the smells of Tathan written all over it.
Can't really blame either decision. Leave early for $$$. Who doesn't want to get paid. Not good enough to start, he can't stay there. He'd have to sit 2 more years. Baker Mayfield couldn't beat out Mahomes, but he still won a friggin Heisman on the transfer. tech made the right decision, but you can't blame a kid that wants to play. Top talent isn't going to sit for 3 years. Those days are long gone.
rootube
AG
Aaron4885 said:

So out side of NIL, what did he really gain by skipping his Sr year. Why would anyone want him when he's shown twice now to quit on his team. It has the smells of Tathan written all over it.
Outside of over a million dollars what did he gain? Let me think… are you sure being a millionaire at 18 is not a choice in the "what did he gain" game?
Agvet12
AG
rootube said:

Aaron4885 said:

Outside of over a million dollars what did he gain? Let me think… are you sure being a millionaire at 18 is not a choice in the "what did he gain" game?

His NIL deal required him to start x number of games, and he asked to play in x games when he committed. That promise didn't happen… so he bounced

As for the top 3, sip spin job to say it's a "win" over us lol, and tech, because he can't say OU when they're coach-less and their main NIL / cash cow just got convicted in a federal level lol

Also he's going to sips, watch and wait for the spin job (we were never in consideration FYI)
GoodAg21
Considering one of our QB's is now a TE and we felt the lack of depth this season... If he wants in take him ONLY if it doesn't push away weigman.
cc10106
Losing Weigman due to signing this kid and later regretting it would be so A&M and likely unforgivable.

Besides how'd it work out the last time a Southlake Carroll kid was A&M's starting QB?
80sGeorge
AG
offenseguru said:

To me his game in the championship vs Westlake with pressure and no time and small windows would be about what he can expect in SEC. and probably why he didn't sniff the depth chart at Ohio State. He's not athletic enough to buy time or run. And with tight windows he's just not yet confident enough.

Not disagreeing with the champ game pressure and performance but he came back from sports hernia surgery for the playoffs last year. He's not Kyler dual threat mobile but he's plenty athletic and fast enough to be a threat. He just doesn't have to do it that often because of his arm talent.
moldaggie
ashley said:

moldaggie said:

We got Weigman.. Jimbo also rewards loyalty.

We good...

Don't expect Jimbo to reward any thing but good play.

Different topic. I thought we were talking about recruiting and not play?
TxAG#2011
STCLaggie21 said:

Considering one of our QB's is now a TE and we felt the lack of depth this season... If he wants in take him ONLY if it doesn't push away weigman.
Wouldn't that mean weigman is afraid of competition?

This might turn into quite a conundrum for some here
StrykerAg
AG
I don't think it would be because of competition. I think it would be because he's been a leader in his recruiting class and loyal to the Ags for awhile, and then for us to turn around and snatch another former 5-star would be kind of a slap in the face. I get Jimbo's job is to bring in talent and win games, but a big part of recruiting is relationships with the kids and their families. We can't go full Darth Vader for the sake of winning.
rather be fishing
AG
Which one of you did this?

maver1ck
AG
Weigman is a better QB than Ewers. Period. I'll die on that sword.

Ewers can go get pummeled behind that tu O Line.
Aggie_Swag18
We didn't end up with a QB in the 2021 class which is what Ewers is and that's the hole he can fill in our team. Our 2019 QB has underwhelmed. Our 2020 quarterback showed a few flashes but has very little playing time so an accurate picture can't be drawn. 2022 will be playing baseball in the spring and won't be starting next year.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

His NIL deal required him to start x number of games, and he asked to play in x games when he committed. That promise didn't happen… so he bounced
do you have a link for this? every state I have seen prohibits NIL deals based on playing time.
BlackOps
AG
Aggie_Swag18 said:

We didn't end up with a QB in the 2021 class which is what Ewers is and that's the hole he can fill in our team. Our 2019 QB has underwhelmed. Our 2020 quarterback showed a few flashes but has very little playing time so an accurate picture can't be drawn. 2022 will be playing baseball in the spring and won't be starting next year.
2021 TE Eli Stowers says "hi"
Chester
AG
Aggie_Swag18 said:

Nope. Don't need him.
Chester
BTHOB-98
You at least have a talk with the kid. I am not saying he is take, but I remember this line from the movie "The Rookie"

"If I call in a 40 year old rookie I'm getting laughed at, but if I don't call in a 95 mph fastball I'm getting fired."
Sq 17
Obviously some next level NIL bagmen are involved
I am guessing it is USC

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.