Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor athletics

42,831 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ashley
elaggie2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 Women's basketball champions,1 men basketball champions, and now top 7-8 football team.

How do they achieve these results and we can't ?

It's so frustrating.
elaggie2002
AG
Rule#2
AG
And another championship game appearance
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
45-70Ag
AG
I don't care if we call them baylol or whatever else is out there. Don't even care that they're a bdf school. Their ad is damn good and if they hang on to him, they'll continue to have the same results they're having now.

elaggie2002
AG
45-70Ag said:

I don't care if we call them baylol or whatever else is out there. Don't even care that they're a bdf school. Their ad is damn good and if they hang on to him, they'll continue to have the same results they're having now.

We keep worrying what tu is doing. Meanwhile Baylor is running circles around both tu and us.

We have the greatest fan base in the country, unlimited resources, and we still can't win *****

45-70Ag
AG
They've got a chance for a 12 win season. Let that sink in.
greg.w.h
AG
Be careful what you wish for. Kim Mulkey could have been our women's BB coach instead of Blair…
TMF
AG
Players go there with something to prove. We run a country club.
TyperWoods
Rape and murder is all I can think of.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Ken Starr and Art Briles let that sink in.
elaggie2002
AG
TyperWoods said:

Even after those two terrible situations they still have a better football and basketball program.

Let that sink in.
45-70Ag
AG
sonnysixkiller said:

Ken Starr and Art Briles let that sink in.

Neither has been there in several years now. They've recovered just fine from that mess.
sonnysixkiller
AG
This country has a short memory.
Marcus Brutus
They play in a garbage conference.
Lateralus Ag
AG
elaggie2002 said:

45-70Ag said:

We keep worrying what tu is doing. Meanwhile Baylor is running circles around both tu and us.

We have the greatest fan base in the country, unlimited resources, and we still can't win *****

Because we have a loser mentality.

Need proof? Our nutless regents voted to allow sip into the SEC. Would it have happened anyway? Probably. If that's true then the fact that they voted in favor of it is even worse.

We make excuses and point fingers (refs, whatever Jimbo said after that game last njght) instead of look for ways to be better at what we are supposed to do. That's across the board at TAMU. Not just in football.

Baylor is a good example of what happens when you have a winning mentality. They probably hired the best young coach in America and are quietly winning.

We decided a long time ago that being buddies with sip was our place in the world.

Deal with it.
Dr Lane Trowlan
elaggie2002 said:

3 Women's basketball champions,1 men basketball champions, and now top 7-8 football team.

It's so frustrating.

Well, they had a lady freak play basketball for them, so of course they'd win in women's basketball. And we did win a championship in women's basketball by beating that freak. Their men's championship befuddles me, but they deserve credit. But before you give them too much credit on the gridiron, realize it's a very high likelihood that if Alabama loses to Georgia in the SECCG, and Baylor loses to Ok St in the B12CG, that they'll probably face each other in the Sugar Bowl. Let's see how they fare against Bama. They've been the benefactor of a watered down Big12, with Texas, Tech, & TCU all having problems. They'll get exposed because they can't do anything outside the Big12.
elaggie2002
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

I agree. But still. National Championship in men's basketball and finishing top 8 when your previous coach left to the NFL is impressive. We will be lucky to finish top 25 and our basketball team is terrible.
Aggie
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

Yeah we really kicked ass in that league didn't we
Lateralus Ag
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

elaggie2002 said:

It's so frustrating.

Well, they had a lady freak play basketball for them, so of course they'd win in women's basketball. And we did win a championship in women's basketball by beating that freak. Their men's championship befuddles me, but they deserve credit. But before you give them too much credit on the gridiron, realize it's a very high likelihood that if Alabama loses to Georgia in the SECCG, and Baylor loses to Ok St in the B12CG, that they'll probably face each other in the Sugar Bowl. Let's see how they fare against Bama. They've been the benefactor of a watered down Big12, with Texas, Tech, & TCU all having problems. They'll get exposed because they can't do anything outside the Big12.

Excuses and finger pointing. Loser mentality.
Danny Vermin
You say that but for some reason ( sarcasm) that conference puts the wood to the sec in bowl games and we make excuses of " sec team didn't want to be there" and nonsense like that. I'll take Baylor right now in the Sugar Bowl against Bama if it happens.
elaggie2002
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

elaggie2002 said:

It's so frustrating.

They won two national championships without Britney Griner.

I agree Big 12 is no where near the SEC. but we lost to Arkansas, miss st, and a depleted LSU team. We aren't exactly crushing it.

Baylor somehow finds their way into CFP I am going to lose my ***** Lol.
W
AG
the painful comparison is to Ole Miss.

how did Kiffin go 10-2 in Year 2...after inhering an absolute trainwreck
45-70Ag
AG
Last years baylor men's team was absolutely stacked and them winning wasn't a surprise. They're about to break ground on a new facility on the brazos that looks pretty nice., meanwhile we get Reed.

Aranda seems like a different kind of guy and very well may be happy with his position there and he is paid well.

In the end, their ad is good and as long as he is there they will have success. He hit home runs with Matt rhule and so far aranda has been one as well.
elaggie2002
AG
W said:

This one hurts too. Especially since Kiffin is so obnoxious
TyperWoods
elaggie2002 said:

TyperWoods said:

Even after those two terrible situations they still have a better football and basketball program.

Let that sink in.

It's more than twice bro.
TyperWoods
Lateralus Ag said:

elaggie2002 said:

45-70Ag said:

Because we have a loser mentality.

Need proof? Our nutless regents voted to allow sip into the SEC. Would it have happened anyway? Probably. If that's true then the fact that they voted in favor of it is even worse.

We make excuses and point fingers (refs, whatever Jimbo said after that game last njght) instead of look for ways to be better at what we are supposed to do. That's across the board at TAMU. Not just in football.

Baylor is a good example of what happens when you have a winning mentality. They probably hired the best young coach in America and are quietly winning.

We decided a long time ago that being buddies with sip was our place in the world.

Deal with it.

This makes me angry.

But, you've got some good points.
aggiehawg
AG
W said:

Matt Corral.
LIB
The B12 had a cancer in Texas. Now the SEC will get to deal with it while B12 gets highly ranked BYU, more highly ranked Cincy and hoops power Houston.

Who is trending up and who is trending down?
Kellso
Its mainly three things:
1. Waco
2. Chip & Jo-Anna
3. the Baylor Mafia

When I was coming up I knew of Waco as nothing more than a wild wild west town on the outskirts of the Brazos river. A city known for biker gangs, religious fanatics with heavy artillery, and high crime.

Chip and JoAnna have helped change the image of Waco. Waco is now a stop for many (female) tourist traveling between Austin and DFW.
Waco is trying to move away from its image as a rough town to a place you can bring your family.

Baylor has capitalized on that because its campus is within 3 hours of Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, East Texas, and Houston.

The Baylor Mafia is probably the biggest reason for their athletic success. The group is mainly underground and works with law enforcement, judges, lawyers, and the Baptist Church to move funds, donations and other gifts to well meaning people of influence. These people of influence include folks that can literally make crimes disappear.

These are the people that spring into action when Baylor (inevitably) gets busted by the NCAA or law enforcement. They work with the bagmen who set up the payoffs, and the hush money to the effected parties of the scandal.
This process is what allows Baylor to bounce back from scandals in such a relatively short time.

Certain Baptist Churches works as nothing more than a front to send championship caliber football and basketball recruits to Waco. A few top players sign with Baylor, and suddenly that particular church is getting a much needed renovations of its facilities.

Its all in plain sight, but its not in plain sight. That is the genius of it. There is always plausible deniability.

45-70Ag
AG
That sounds like something the my pillow guy typed up about baylor.
Bottlehead90
AG
Some differences
We haven't covered up a murder and multiple rapes

This year they lost to a bad tcu team without a coach and barely beat a bad tech team without a coach.

I think Aranda is a good coach this year but he did go 2-7 last year and inherited a team that went 11-3 the year before. Need a larger sample size to be sure.

Also LSU seemed to have a mass exodus after 2019. Both coaches and players. Don't know the details of the ncaa or title IX talk. But another school that has had problems with ncaa and title IX is baylor. Which brings me back to the covering up rape and murder. And if they will do that then I would think paying players, fixing grades, ignoring off the field behavior and failed drug test are a pretty much a given.

I am not saying we are without sin, but baylor success makes me wonder.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
How is our basketball team terrible?
Repeat the Line
Aggie said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

Yeah we really kicked ass in that league didn't we

"We"??? Texas A&M doesn't play in the D3 American Sothwest Conference. HTH.
AG
Where do you think we were prior to the SEC??
W
AG
aggiehawg said:

W said:

how did Kiffin go 10-2 in Year 2...after inheriting an absolute trainwreck
Matt Corral.
yes indeed.

QB is the most important position. And so far the Jimbo era has struggled at that position

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.